• Home
    • Recent
    • Calendar
    • Register
    • Login
    Iron Heart Forum
    Iron Heart Forum

    Iron Heart - Coveted - The Wall Street Journal

    Random questions to which you seek an answer

    The Resource Centre
    759
    19.2k
    7.7m
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • AetasA
      Aetas
      見習いボス
      Joined:

      Aetas said in the (new) endomobile:

      @endo said in the (new) endomobile:

      … where we saw the Bayeux Tapestry
      IMG_2975.jpg

      This Tapestry is mindblowing!
      Walked once back and force and back again and couldn’t believe how much information you can knit into one piece!

      Be aware @Tago-Mago , that there is a contrast in presentation between Bayeux and London.
      IMG_7847.webp
      Friends told me, that it is is a total difference experience to see it not hanging at a wall.

      last edited by Aetas 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
      • MattM
        Matt
        見習いボス
        Joined:

        What are the chances we could convince IHJP to have their party in June… say June 8 - 13…

        IMG_2938.jpeg

        last edited by GraemeEG L 2 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 4
        • GraemeEG
          GraemeE
          @Matt
          Joined:

          @Matt this came up as a topic on the text message thread with my buddies when they announced a few weeks back

          last edited by GraemeE 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • MattM
            Matt
            見習いボス
            Joined:

            That would be some shit.

            last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • L
              landownunder
              Raw and Unwashed
              @Matt
              Joined:

              @Matt
              Or even IH Australia..😅

              last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • GilesG
                Giles
                IHUK Crew
                @Tago Mago
                Joined:

                @Tago-Mago said in Random questions to which you seek an answer:

                Jan 01-Mar 31

                That is my kind of long weekend......

                "OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

                last edited by Tago MagoT 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • Tago MagoT
                  Tago Mago
                  Mod Squad
                  @Giles
                  Joined:

                  @Giles business is good at the moment, but I’m afraid I won’t get that much time off. Also, I may need some time off in May

                  last edited by GilesG 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                  • GilesG
                    Giles
                    IHUK Crew
                    @Tago Mago
                    Joined:

                    @Tago-Mago said in Random questions to which you seek an answer:

                    may need some time off in May

                    1st of May is the "lets go".......

                    "OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

                    last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3
                    • Bobcat SigB
                      Bobcat Sig
                      Raw and Unwashed
                      Joined:

                      This is very much a ‘where do I post this question’ question.

                      I’m after my next pair of denim. And after getting frustratingly punted from Reddit’s largest subreddit related to this, I come to one of the nicest places on the internet to ask my fellow denim heads; where would I post here to ask about which jean I might buy - Iron Heart and otherwise? I know we have a multitude of threads for many makes outside of IH, but what about a question that spans some of these?

                      Safety third

                      last edited by AdamJA 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • AdamJA
                        AdamJ
                        IHUK Crew
                        @Bobcat Sig
                        Joined:

                        @Bobcat-Sig here is a good as place as any! Then once we've narrowed it down, you can ask more pointed questions over on the respective thread.

                        What weight are you looking for

                        What colour are you looking for

                        What cut of bottoms to you prefer to wear

                        How hot it is where you live

                        The devil is in the detail..

                        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                        • Bobcat SigB
                          Bobcat Sig
                          Raw and Unwashed
                          Joined:

                          @AdamJ you're the best. Thank you.

                          Here's how I'm thinking about this new pair; black, western-style cut. Or at the very least, accommodating to cowboy boots. No denim weight that I'm targeting. Most seem to come in between 13 to 19 oz, but I'm good with any weight. If I were really pressed, I might trend to something lighter since I'm flush with heavyweights, including three pair of IH. And as for weather, I'm in the Pacific Northwest of the USA. It's not unlike much of England.

                          The options (all pictured) are what I'm working through:

                          My standard (the standard?) is the Wrangler 13 MWZ. They offer an accommodating top block and look great with boots, hence the Cowboy Cut moniker. The black MWZ 13 is always an option, but it's not selvage.

                          13MWZWK-ALT6.webp
                          [Source: wrangler.com]

                          Wrangler Blue Bell black. Selvage, similar cut to the 13 MWZ, albeit with a much higher price. Bonus is that it comes in a 34 inseam, so no hemming. Oh, and a leather patch!

                          112386080-ALT2.webp
                          [Source: wrangler.com]

                          Freenote Wilkes Western. I had this noted from a while back. Fits the bill, except the leg opening is narrow at ~8". And the pockets are a bit low on the seat.

                          AW23Current0912Wilkes_14.50Indigo_Contrast_Thread_AW23.jpg
                          [Source: Freenote Cloth]

                          The ol' AI Machine suggested the Fullcount 1101. They look sweet, and I don't yet own a Fullcount. Issue here is that the inseam stops at 32 inches. Very little is left for stacking.

                          2025_12_Product_Fullcount_1101BK14ozBlackSelvedgeDenim-ClassicStraightFit_809.jpg.webp
                          [Source: Blue Owl Workshop]

                          Brave Star Mojave. This was the original inspiration... and the usual Brave Star caveats apply. I have one pair of Mojaves, but I get some bucketing with my boots due to the tapered knee. And there's always rolling of the dice with the fit and finish here - I ordered a pair of their Desert Bone Mojave, and I swear it was Skinny Straight with Mojave pockets... I have two pair of True Straights that kind of work, but I don't like the 8-inch opening to wear with cowboy boots. Still, the Mojave remains a strong contender.

                          MojaveWC_13ozShadow_flat-4858_2000x2000.jpg
                          [Source: Brave Star Selvage]

                          Iron Heart 634. While currently available in indigo, I don't think black is currently available. Also a strong contender, albeit with a lower rise.

                          20250813-DSC_1682-Edit.jpg.webp
                          [Source: IH UK]

                          Others I considered and aren't quite hitting the mark:

                          • TCB 50s: much bigger thighs

                          • Sd'A Regular Straight: similar to the TCBs, big thighs

                          • Sugar Cane 1947 Straight: I already own two Mister Freemdom pairs that are manufactured by Sugar Cane. I also have a pair of Sugar Cane Okinawa fiber blend. So maybe?

                          • Iron Heart 1955: Close, but the thighs are bigger than I typically pefer and a bit too much taper, with the hem coming in under 8.5 inches

                          What else should I consider?

                          Safety third

                          last edited by Tago MagoT 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                          • Tago MagoT
                            Tago Mago
                            Mod Squad
                            @Bobcat Sig
                            Joined:

                            @Bobcat-Sig have you tried the compare tool on the website? This lets you add up to 4 items to have the measurements of these at a glance.

                            Do they have to be black or would overdyed or indigo/black also be an option?

                            last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                            • First post
                              Last post
                            Copyright Iron Heart 2025.