Andersen-Andersen knitwear
-
Okay, need one of these! Was thinking about getting a cowichan sweater but this looks really really nice!
-
My A-A watch cap and scarf are top notch. I still want to get a quarter zip eventually, but probably not this year. I need a new winter jacket and that'll do some decent damage to the clothing fund.
-
@mclaincausey said in Andersen-Andersen knitwear:
@Giles after all it is the Iron Heart of sweaters. Well-played lads!
No credit to me.....
-
does anyone have one of their skipper jacket / button up cardigans? Sizing looks a little short and boxy. Thinking I'd be a large but I'm a little hesitant given all the advice here on other items to go with a size down from your typical IH stuff. And yes, I've looked at the measurements. I feel like I'm solidly between most of the dimensions for M and L. I've reached out to them for advice too, but they were less than helpful on the first try. Mostly curious for how stretchy that skipper jacket is, looks like it's a half-cardigan knit vs the full-cardigan knit of their other items. Practically I dont quite have a feel for this, even if looking it up says it will be less stretchy. But I have no baseline for how stretchy their full cardi knit is so /shrug. Appreciate any input from someone who might have one or got to try one on somewhere.
-
@pechelman I tried this on when the collection arrived (because it’s a beauty) I could wear an XL for a snug fit over a t shirt but I would want to be able to layer it, so the XXL is the one I’d buy, a touch big but still drapes really nicely open or buttoned and gives me the chance to layer. Hope this helps mate
-
@AdamC So the collection is already in hand.... Interesting!
-
@AdamC thanks.
Looking at the measurements, you're a 45" chest, so that makes sense. The XL would have a ~46" chest which wouldn't give much ease, especially if the fabric is chunky.You've got me thinking L is the way to go. How stiff or stretchy is the fabric in general?
To echo the above question, how long before these might show up on the site? Sounds like not too far off?
-
They have these locally so I may go try em on. General consensus seems to be IH Large UHF is AA Medium. Would prefer to buy from you guys and don't mind waiting.


-
Consistent IH Large and occasional medium, 42R here. Safely Medium in my A-A and given the stretch could probably get away with a size down though I love the fit as-is.
-
@pechelman @Chibs I typically wear a Large IH UHF/Jacket. 6ft, 40" chest..
This is the Medium on me:

This is the Large:

Loosely speaking 1.0" or so difference in the P2P at a quick glance. Slightly more option to layer with a jumper/sweat underneath if wanted to on the Large. I would personally go for a Medium with just a tee underneath.
I hope this helps!
-
@Bailey Looks really thick and comfortable.
Are you guys getting the Navy Full-Zip Pockets? -
@AdamJ Thanks for letting me know! It's probably a good thing for me. It's iPhone Duo month RN..
Will you be getting black?
