• Home
    • Recent
    • Calendar
    • Register
    • Login
    Iron Heart Forum
    Iron Heart Forum

    Iron Heart - Coveted - The Wall Street Journal

    Andersen-Andersen knitwear

    Other Brands and Shops
    46
    154
    26.5k
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • W
      will6er
      The Unwoven
      @Chibs
      Joined:

      @Chibs said in Andersen-Andersen knitwear:

      You have just done the window shopping I did yesterday. Some colors are not in my size (problem) - then I remembered the IH connection.

      Look forward to the video.

      last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
      • ChibsC
        Chibs
        The UnTucked
        Joined:

        Okay, need one of these! Was thinking about getting a cowichan sweater but this looks really really nice!

        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • tenuinT
          tenuin
          The Unwoven
          Joined:

          My A-A watch cap and scarf are top notch. I still want to get a quarter zip eventually, but probably not this year. I need a new winter jacket and that'll do some decent damage to the clothing fund.

          WTB:
          IHSH-262-Nav XL
          Indigofera Dawson Flannel Black / Petrol / Rust L

          last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
          • GilesG
            Giles
            IHUK Crew
            @mclaincausey
            Joined:

            @mclaincausey said in Andersen-Andersen knitwear:

            @Giles after all it is the Iron Heart of sweaters. Well-played lads!

            No credit to me.....

            "OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

            last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
            • pechelmanP
              pechelman
              啓蒙家
              Joined:

              does anyone have one of their skipper jacket / button up cardigans? Sizing looks a little short and boxy. Thinking I'd be a large but I'm a little hesitant given all the advice here on other items to go with a size down from your typical IH stuff. And yes, I've looked at the measurements. I feel like I'm solidly between most of the dimensions for M and L. I've reached out to them for advice too, but they were less than helpful on the first try. Mostly curious for how stretchy that skipper jacket is, looks like it's a half-cardigan knit vs the full-cardigan knit of their other items. Practically I dont quite have a feel for this, even if looking it up says it will be less stretchy. But I have no baseline for how stretchy their full cardi knit is so /shrug. Appreciate any input from someone who might have one or got to try one on somewhere.

              last edited by AdamCA 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • neph93N
                neph93
                見習いボス
                Joined:

                Hopefully you guys will get in the submariners sweater. Been wanting one for years.

                «Stevie Heighway on the wing!
                We had dreams, and songs to sing…»

                • Alan Turing
                last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                • AdamCA
                  AdamC
                  IHUK Crew
                  @pechelman
                  Joined:

                  @pechelman I tried this on when the collection arrived (because it’s a beauty) I could wear an XL for a snug fit over a t shirt but I would want to be able to layer it, so the XXL is the one I’d buy, a touch big but still drapes really nicely open or buttoned and gives me the chance to layer. Hope this helps mate

                  last edited by W pechelmanP 2 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 3
                  • W
                    will6er
                    The Unwoven
                    @AdamC
                    Joined:

                    @AdamC So the collection is already in hand.... Interesting!

                    last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • pechelmanP
                      pechelman
                      啓蒙家
                      @AdamC
                      Joined:

                      @AdamC thanks.
                      Looking at the measurements, you're a 45" chest, so that makes sense. The XL would have a ~46" chest which wouldn't give much ease, especially if the fabric is chunky.

                      You've got me thinking L is the way to go. How stiff or stretchy is the fabric in general?

                      To echo the above question, how long before these might show up on the site? Sounds like not too far off?

                      last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                      • ChibsC
                        Chibs
                        The UnTucked
                        Joined:

                        They have these locally so I may go try em on. General consensus seems to be IH Large UHF is AA Medium. Would prefer to buy from you guys and don't mind waiting. 👍🙂

                        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                        • mclaincauseyM
                          mclaincausey
                          見習いボス
                          Joined:

                          Consistent IH Large and occasional medium, 42R here. Safely Medium in my A-A and given the stretch could probably get away with a size down though I love the fit as-is.

                          Think it, be it.

                          last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                          • AdamCA
                            AdamC
                            IHUK Crew
                            Joined:

                            We are waiting to hear back from Andersen-Andersen on a couple points but watch this space for launch details! The fabric has an element of natural give but it is a heavyweight knit that will hold its shape and mould to the body

                            last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 4
                            • BaileyB
                              Bailey
                              IHUK Crew
                              Joined:

                              @pechelman @Chibs I typically wear a Large IH UHF/Jacket. 6ft, 40" chest..

                              This is the Medium on me:
                              c4c9fb4f-74bd-4d3d-8522-d5d4a7804c33.jpg

                              This is the Large:
                              4b3e07ed-4934-4ec6-bcde-199c802471ad.jpg

                              Loosely speaking 1.0" or so difference in the P2P at a quick glance. Slightly more option to layer with a jumper/sweat underneath if wanted to on the Large. I would personally go for a Medium with just a tee underneath.

                              I hope this helps!

                              @bailey_ironheart

                              last edited by ChibsC 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                              • ChibsC
                                Chibs
                                The UnTucked
                                @Bailey
                                Joined:

                                @Bailey Looks really thick and comfortable.
                                Are you guys getting the Navy Full-Zip Pockets?

                                last edited by AdamJA 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                • AdamJA
                                  AdamJ
                                  IHUK Crew
                                  @Chibs
                                  Joined:

                                  @Chibs we've got a bunch of stuff at IHUK at the moment. Navy full zips slightly delayed but are on order 👍

                                  The devil is in the detail..

                                  last edited by ChibsC 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3
                                  • ChibsC
                                    Chibs
                                    The UnTucked
                                    @AdamJ
                                    Joined:

                                    @AdamJ Thanks for letting me know! It's probably a good thing for me. It's iPhone Duo month RN..😅 Will you be getting black?

                                    last edited by Chibs 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                    • John GaltJ
                                      John Galt
                                      啓蒙家
                                      Joined:

                                      @AdamJ I wear a size XS in all of the AA items - do you know if there will there be size XS available for any of the sweaters via IHUK?

                                      No one’s happiness but my own is in my power to achieve or to destroy.

                                      last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                      • First post
                                        Last post
                                      Copyright Iron Heart 2025.