• Home
    • Recent
    • Calendar
    • Register
    • Login
    Iron Heart Forum
    Iron Heart Forum

    Iron Heart - Coveted - The Wall Street Journal

    Andersen-Andersen knitwear

    Other Brands and Shops
    46
    154
    26.5k
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • MizmazzleM
      Mizmazzle
      見習いボス
      Joined:

      Oh sweet!! This is wonderful news.

      In the easy chair with my boots on, melted whiskey in my hand. Could'na been asleep for more than three hours...time to go to work again...

      last edited by AnesthetistA 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • AnesthetistA
        Anesthetist
        見習いボス
        @Mizmazzle
        Joined:

        Sweet!

        IG: bluehandsslim

        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • John GaltJ
          John Galt
          啓蒙家
          Joined:

          This is great news - AA make the best sweaters imo and few retailers in the US carry them - excellent!

          No one’s happiness but my own is in my power to achieve or to destroy.

          last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
          • T
            TeflonDon
            Haraki san Prodigy
            Joined:

            @will6er where did you see it?

            last edited by W 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • W
              will6er
              The Unwoven
              @TeflonDon
              Joined:

              @TeflonDon Somewhere on here I think - not sure. Great news though.

              last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
              • mclaincauseyM
                mclaincausey
                見習いボス
                @Giles
                Joined:

                @Giles after all it is the Iron Heart of sweaters. Well-played lads!

                Think it, be it.

                last edited by GilesG 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                • T
                  TeflonDon
                  Haraki san Prodigy
                  Joined:

                  Cool - Andersen-Andersen is a great addition to the lineup here.

                  last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • ChibsC
                    Chibs
                    The UnTucked
                    Joined:

                    Haven’t heard about AA but all of this hype definitely has me intrigued. New rabbit hole? 🤔

                    last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                    • T
                      TeflonDon
                      Haraki san Prodigy
                      Joined:

                      It’s not that much of a rabbit hole as their list of products is quite limited. And their products last really well, and wool should only be washed very rarely, so you don’t need that many items.

                      However it’ll be a blow to a lot of us here that their indigo dyed products are about 30% more expensive than similar ones dyed differently 😂

                      last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                      • ChibsC
                        Chibs
                        The UnTucked
                        Joined:

                        Okay, I think I like the Navy Full-Zip Pockets in hunting green, brown and grey. @TeflonDon I have waaaaay too much indigo so I'm safe! 👍🏻

                        last edited by W 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                        • W
                          will6er
                          The Unwoven
                          @Chibs
                          Joined:

                          @Chibs said in Andersen-Andersen knitwear:

                          You have just done the window shopping I did yesterday. Some colors are not in my size (problem) - then I remembered the IH connection.

                          Look forward to the video.

                          last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                          • ChibsC
                            Chibs
                            The UnTucked
                            Joined:

                            Okay, need one of these! Was thinking about getting a cowichan sweater but this looks really really nice!

                            last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                            • tenuinT
                              tenuin
                              The Unwoven
                              Joined:

                              My A-A watch cap and scarf are top notch. I still want to get a quarter zip eventually, but probably not this year. I need a new winter jacket and that'll do some decent damage to the clothing fund.

                              WTB:
                              IHSH-262-Nav XL
                              Indigofera Dawson Flannel Black / Petrol / Rust L

                              last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                              • GilesG
                                Giles
                                IHUK Crew
                                @mclaincausey
                                Joined:

                                @mclaincausey said in Andersen-Andersen knitwear:

                                @Giles after all it is the Iron Heart of sweaters. Well-played lads!

                                No credit to me.....

                                "OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

                                last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                                • pechelmanP
                                  pechelman
                                  啓蒙家
                                  Joined:

                                  does anyone have one of their skipper jacket / button up cardigans? Sizing looks a little short and boxy. Thinking I'd be a large but I'm a little hesitant given all the advice here on other items to go with a size down from your typical IH stuff. And yes, I've looked at the measurements. I feel like I'm solidly between most of the dimensions for M and L. I've reached out to them for advice too, but they were less than helpful on the first try. Mostly curious for how stretchy that skipper jacket is, looks like it's a half-cardigan knit vs the full-cardigan knit of their other items. Practically I dont quite have a feel for this, even if looking it up says it will be less stretchy. But I have no baseline for how stretchy their full cardi knit is so /shrug. Appreciate any input from someone who might have one or got to try one on somewhere.

                                  last edited by AdamCA 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                  • neph93N
                                    neph93
                                    見習いボス
                                    Joined:

                                    Hopefully you guys will get in the submariners sweater. Been wanting one for years.

                                    «Stevie Heighway on the wing!
                                    We had dreams, and songs to sing…»

                                    • Alan Turing
                                    last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                                    • AdamCA
                                      AdamC
                                      IHUK Crew
                                      @pechelman
                                      Joined:

                                      @pechelman I tried this on when the collection arrived (because it’s a beauty) I could wear an XL for a snug fit over a t shirt but I would want to be able to layer it, so the XXL is the one I’d buy, a touch big but still drapes really nicely open or buttoned and gives me the chance to layer. Hope this helps mate

                                      last edited by W pechelmanP 2 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 3
                                      • W
                                        will6er
                                        The Unwoven
                                        @AdamC
                                        Joined:

                                        @AdamC So the collection is already in hand.... Interesting!

                                        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                        • pechelmanP
                                          pechelman
                                          啓蒙家
                                          @AdamC
                                          Joined:

                                          @AdamC thanks.
                                          Looking at the measurements, you're a 45" chest, so that makes sense. The XL would have a ~46" chest which wouldn't give much ease, especially if the fabric is chunky.

                                          You've got me thinking L is the way to go. How stiff or stretchy is the fabric in general?

                                          To echo the above question, how long before these might show up on the site? Sounds like not too far off?

                                          last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                                          • ChibsC
                                            Chibs
                                            The UnTucked
                                            Joined:

                                            They have these locally so I may go try em on. General consensus seems to be IH Large UHF is AA Medium. Would prefer to buy from you guys and don't mind waiting. 👍🙂

                                            last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Copyright Iron Heart 2025.