• Home
    • Recent
    • Calendar
    • Register
    • Login
    Iron Heart Forum
    Iron Heart Forum

    Iron Heart - Coveted - The Wall Street Journal

    Andersen-Andersen knitwear

    Other Brands and Shops
    46
    154
    26.5k
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • MizmazzleM
      Mizmazzle
      見習いボス
      @pechelman
      Joined:

      @pechelman Dehen wool is a bit scratchier, denser, and less stretchy. The AA is bit more on the “spongy” side which I find makes it more comfortable.

      In the easy chair with my boots on, melted whiskey in my hand. Could'na been asleep for more than three hours...time to go to work again...

      last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
      • pechelmanP
        pechelman
        啓蒙家
        Joined:

        Thanks! Mostly I'm curious about the dehen comparison. I tried it a while back and it was the most aggressively scratchy thing I've ever tried. I don't have an allergy and don't mind wearing filson mac wool over just a tee.

        last edited by MizmazzleM todyT John GaltJ 3 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • MizmazzleM
          Mizmazzle
          見習いボス
          @pechelman
          Joined:

          @pechelman I found my Mack Cruiser to be very flat and smooth. Not too scratchy at all.
          If I had to place them in order of least scratchy to most I’d say:

          1. Filson Mack cruiser (least scratchy, though never wore directly on skin)
          2. AA (light scratchiness but doesn’t bother me at all and I can wear it with only a tee)
          3. Dehen (pretty scratchy. Found it mildly annoying, but not a deal breaker )

          In the easy chair with my boots on, melted whiskey in my hand. Could'na been asleep for more than three hours...time to go to work again...

          last edited by Mizmazzle 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
          • todyT
            tody
            啓蒙家
            @pechelman
            Joined:

            @pechelman i hate the feeling of the dehen wool, but can easily tolerate the andersen. Night and day difference in my opinion.

            last edited by AnesthetistA 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 4
            • AnesthetistA
              Anesthetist
              見習いボス
              @tody
              Joined:

              @tody Dehen is scratchy but my Filson Mac felt like a Brillo pad on my arms. I’m keen to tru A-A.

              IG: bluehandsslim

              last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
              • John GaltJ
                John Galt
                啓蒙家
                @pechelman
                Joined:

                @pechelman I have a few Dehen pieces and numerous AA pieces and I agree with @Anesthetist , @tody , & @Mizmazzle that the AA is much less scratchy and more stretchy - overall - much more comfortable to wear and has a nicer hand feel to it imo. I only buy AA and SNS knits anymore for this reason with the AA being my personal favorite.

                No one’s happiness but my own is in my power to achieve or to destroy.

                last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 4
                • scarfmaceS
                  scarfmace
                  Haraki san Expert
                  Joined:

                  No scratchy sensation from the Anderson, I do however get a mild irritation on my throat from the crewneck rubbing it if I wear it more then 5 days straight.

                  "I hate a man that talks when he's got nothing to say." – Woodrow Call

                  last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                  • tenuinT
                    tenuin
                    The Unwoven
                    Joined:

                    I was playing with the idea of getting an Andersen-Andersen wool troyer this winter, but decided I needed something a bit more versatile so ended up getting a RMC Freedom Sleeve instead. But I own a wool watch cap and scarf from Andersen-Andersen and don't find them scratchy. I dont have a wool sensitivity, but a shaved head, so most hats are at least somewhat itchy, but not this one. The knit has a nice amount of natural stretchiness, and both definitely warm enough for my needs.

                    I'll still grab a sweater at some point though. The one I tried felt amazing.

                    WTB:
                    IHSH-262-Nav XL
                    Indigofera Dawson Flannel Black / Petrol / Rust L

                    last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                    • T
                      TeflonDon
                      Haraki san Prodigy
                      Joined:

                      This is a few weeks old. Been my winter attire:

                      IMG_8521.jpeg

                      Sorry about the grumpy face. I was waiting for my youngest, who’s isn’t exactly fast when she doesn’t think it I needed.

                      I’m very happy I went with the full zip navy.

                      last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 8
                      • W
                        will6er
                        The Unwoven
                        Joined:

                        Did I imagine IH saying they were stocking A-A this winter? @ShopatIronHeart

                        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3
                        • GilesG
                          Giles
                          IHUK Crew
                          Joined:

                          You did not....

                          "OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

                          last edited by mclaincauseyM 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 7
                          • MizmazzleM
                            Mizmazzle
                            見習いボス
                            Joined:

                            Oh sweet!! This is wonderful news.

                            In the easy chair with my boots on, melted whiskey in my hand. Could'na been asleep for more than three hours...time to go to work again...

                            last edited by AnesthetistA 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                            • AnesthetistA
                              Anesthetist
                              見習いボス
                              @Mizmazzle
                              Joined:

                              Sweet!

                              IG: bluehandsslim

                              last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                              • John GaltJ
                                John Galt
                                啓蒙家
                                Joined:

                                This is great news - AA make the best sweaters imo and few retailers in the US carry them - excellent!

                                No one’s happiness but my own is in my power to achieve or to destroy.

                                last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                                • T
                                  TeflonDon
                                  Haraki san Prodigy
                                  Joined:

                                  @will6er where did you see it?

                                  last edited by W 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                  • W
                                    will6er
                                    The Unwoven
                                    @TeflonDon
                                    Joined:

                                    @TeflonDon Somewhere on here I think - not sure. Great news though.

                                    last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                                    • mclaincauseyM
                                      mclaincausey
                                      見習いボス
                                      @Giles
                                      Joined:

                                      @Giles after all it is the Iron Heart of sweaters. Well-played lads!

                                      Think it, be it.

                                      last edited by GilesG 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                                      • T
                                        TeflonDon
                                        Haraki san Prodigy
                                        Joined:

                                        Cool - Andersen-Andersen is a great addition to the lineup here.

                                        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                        • ChibsC
                                          Chibs
                                          The UnTucked
                                          Joined:

                                          Haven’t heard about AA but all of this hype definitely has me intrigued. New rabbit hole? 🤔

                                          last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                                          • T
                                            TeflonDon
                                            Haraki san Prodigy
                                            Joined:

                                            It’s not that much of a rabbit hole as their list of products is quite limited. And their products last really well, and wool should only be washed very rarely, so you don’t need that many items.

                                            However it’ll be a blow to a lot of us here that their indigo dyed products are about 30% more expensive than similar ones dyed differently 😂

                                            last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Copyright Iron Heart 2025.