IH-1955S-142 - 14oz Selvedge Denim "1955" Vintage Tapered Cut Jeans - Indigo
-
Looks like a smooth hand denim to me. Definitely not the 16oz slubby..
-
Yep that’s the regular 14 oz. Just thought from the verbal description he gave, maybe?
Anyway, im not seeing what you’re seeing, @SuitOfUHF . The 14 oz denim is pretty smooth stuff, though it does have the double twisted weft.
Are you referring to the blue nubbins in your pics?
-
@sabergirl said in IH-1955S-142 - 14oz Selvedge Denim "1955" Vintage Tapered Cut Jeans - Indigo:
Yep that’s the regular 14 oz. Just thought from the verbal description he gave, maybe?
Anyway, im not seeing what you’re seeing, @SuitOfUHF . The 14 oz denim is pretty smooth stuff, though it does have the double twisted weft.
Are you referring to the blue nubbins in your pics?
Yes exactly, the nubbins. I'm not super bothered if they are not structural (which they don't appear to be)
-
As for the slightly odd English on the tag, it’s a quirk of many Japanese brands, and a lot of westerners enjoy it. Sure, they could ‘fix’ it if they wanted, but then it would be less memorable.
Embrace the “true goodness”

-
We could fix it, but I love it, and converting the Jinglish to English would be so much less fun. I used to have a policy of never wearing a Japanese T-Shirt unless it had some Jinglish on it.
And BTW, Haraki's English is nowhere as good as that, so it would not be him

Funnily enough, our Left Hand Twill (LHT) denim is called Lefty by the Japanese. In a meeting when the LHT was first shown to me, I jokingly referred to it as Lefty (a poor political allusion), there was no way the Japanese would have got the joke. But they did think that Lefty was the correction western term for a LHT, so that is what it is now......
-
True goodness is understood
-
Would be funnier to read it in an accent that would get us censored in 2026...
Another interesting (?) find: there is some use of fusible interlining on the 14oz jeans
Anyways, too hot to wear right now, but look forward to breaking these in as soon as the weather allows. If the fit is ideal for me, hoping to get this in the 21oz and other fabrics
-
plugin-calendar-event-wrapper:start |||IH-1955S-142 Restock|||
plugin-calendar-event-wrapper:endIH-1955S-142 Restock -
How do the fit of these compare to the 634 fit? I have a size 38 -21 oz overdue from the last drop that I really like the fit of.
These seem higher waisted and more of a taper when comparing same size.
-
You can run a compare from either products web page.
Also:
-
Did yall move the rear pockets up on these? I’m noticing in the 14oz announcement shots that the top of the rear pockets line up with the front pockets. On my 21oz’s the top of the rear pockets are about 1cm lower then where the front pockets hit the side seams
-
Highly recommend the 14oz 1955. These were my summer jeans along with the new 684s. 14oz doesn't give up indigo easily but the cut is extremely comfortable and worth putting in the time.
-
I notice that when compared to 888s, these are a bit bigger in the waist vs the same size in 888s. Is this to compensate for the rise being higher? If my 33 888 21oz fit perfect in the waist, should I expect these to fit well even if they are a bit more than .5" larger in the waist?
-
@catdad1 said in IH-1955S-142 - 14oz Selvedge Denim "1955" Vintage Tapered Cut Jeans - Indigo:
14oz doesn't give up indigo easily but the cut is extremely comfortableand worth putting in the time.
Nope then.
-
@welfare_burrito said in IH-1955S-142 - 14oz Selvedge Denim "1955" Vintage Tapered Cut Jeans - Indigo:
s this to compensate for the rise being higher?
No, just how they turned out.
@welfare_burrito said in IH-1955S-142 - 14oz Selvedge Denim "1955" Vintage Tapered Cut Jeans - Indigo:
If my 33 888 21oz fit perfect in the waist, should I expect these to fit well even if they are a bit more than .5" larger in the waist?
As the guys at shop@ironheart.co.uk
-
@jfive67 said in IH-1955S-142 - 14oz Selvedge Denim "1955" Vintage Tapered Cut Jeans - Indigo:
Did yall move the rear pockets up on these?
No (well not intentionally, but you know - humans), could be you are looking at photos of different sizes.....
-
Got it. I brought it up because the new 14oz overdyed 1955s I just got have higher pockets than my older 21oz indigos so I was contemplating grabbing 14oz indigos if pocket location had moved (upwards)





