• Home
    • Recent
    • Calendar
    • Register
    • Login
    Iron Heart Forum
    Iron Heart Forum

    Iron Heart - Coveted - The Wall Street Journal

    Wake Up and Coffee

    General Chat
    261
    2.7k
    891.4k
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • don_piponeD
      don_pipone
      Iron Heart Deity
      @popvulture
      Joined:

      @popvulture Great read. Honestly, all the experimenting and dialing things in at the beginning is one of the most fun parts of getting into espresso. Sounds like you made the perfect choice with the machine and are enjoying the process - and hopefully many many cups from now on.

      IG: @fadecyde
      WTB: IHSH-156 burgundy (M)

      last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
      • ChapC
        Chap
        見習いボス
        Joined:

        Morning ☕️

        IMG_9423.jpeg

        God has blessed you richly, so get down on your knees and thank him. Don’t forget the less fortunate or God will personally kick your ass. I’d love to do it for him, but I can’t be everywhere. Willie Nelson

        last edited by C 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 7
        • C
          Cymro
          Raw and Unwashed
          @Chap
          Joined:

          How do you like the new Paragon setup @Chap ?

          last edited by ChapC 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
          • ChapC
            Chap
            見習いボス
            @Cymro
            Joined:

            @Cymro said in Wake Up and Coffee:

            How do you like the new Paragon setup @Chap ?

            Received it yesterday and did only two brews yet. Will have to make some adjustments and get used to it. I used the same coffee I had in my prior rotation. What I can say for the moment is that the result seemed to have a more precise taste, the brew is very clean and clear. Handling needs more attention.

            God has blessed you richly, so get down on your knees and thank him. Don’t forget the less fortunate or God will personally kick your ass. I’d love to do it for him, but I can’t be everywhere. Willie Nelson

            last edited by C 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
            • C
              Cymro
              Raw and Unwashed
              @Chap
              Joined:

              @Chap thank you, have fun experimenting!

              last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
              • ARNCA
                ARNC
                見習いボス
                Joined:

                My first Bolivian and my first coco natural processed beans. Definitely clean and refreshing, with a light mouthfeel - perfect for warm weather.

                IMG_1683.jpeg

                “His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.“

                last edited by ARNC 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 7
                • motojoboboM
                  motojobobo
                  啓蒙家
                  Joined:

                  @ARNC sooo surprised to see bolivian coffee make it to fellow IH-forummites cups!
                  Caranavi is our TOP quality coffee region. If I ever make it to an IH meet where you show up I’ll take some local buys for you. 👍🏼👍🏼

                  The journey is the objective.

                  last edited by ARNCA 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • ARNCA
                    ARNC
                    見習いボス
                    @motojobobo
                    Joined:

                    @motojobobo thanks! I’ve never seen Bolivian coffee in the UK before, but the write up from my usual coffee merchant was intriguing. It sounds like the grower and his family are involved in supporting the wider industry in Bolivia and developed the coco natural process in house. In case you’re interested, here’s an extract:

                    “ Pedro Rodriguez runs his farms with his daughter Daniela, and son Pablo under their company ‘Agricafe’. Their business is committed to preserving Bolivia’s coffee production, which had been in decline for the last couple of decades. Yields were falling due to outdated farming practices, lack of government support, as well as a wave of Coffee Leaf Rust disease in 2008 which devastated much of Latin America’s coffee farms. Many farmers opted to stop growing coffee in favour of other crops. Concerned that Bolivian coffee production would cease altogether, Pedro started cultivating coffee on his own plantation in 2012. Later, the Rodriguez family created their ‘Sol de la Mañana’ programme, which helped other farms learn and adopt better farming techniques such as pruning, cherry picking and fertilizing. Their La Llama farm is their highest-altitude farm, named as a homage to a llama they encountered when they first looked to purchase the land.”

                    “His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.“

                    last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • T
                      twin
                      見習いボス
                      Joined:

                      Stopped here for coffee,

                      IMG_9276.JPG
                      IMG_9277.JPG
                      IMG_9278.JPG

                      last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 4
                      • mclaincauseyM
                        mclaincausey
                        見習いボス
                        Joined:

                        I prefer my coffee cold, but I I like the flavor of hot extraction much more than cold brew. In the past I’ve done flash brewing where you do a pourover over ice. This is great, but obviously dilution happens, and while I enjoy the ritual, it takes time and attention.

                        An industry friend let me borrow this bre:zi contraption and it is very cool. It does a heated bloom followed by a cold brew. So it can do a cup in 11 minutes. You get the brightness of heated extraction with a great smooth mouthfeel and a predictable cup. Don’t have to weigh ice and water, just dial in the grind size, weight, and adjust the brew style (light/medium/dark concentrate or normal, or their lengthier kissaten slow‑drip mode) and weight (you can lie about how many grams you put in there to dial it in: higher for more dilution, etc). You can make concentrates for espresso martinis that have bright flavor. But a morning cup for me of 30g at a pourover grind consistency has let me enjoy bright, light roast coffee at the temperature and viscosity I prefer.

                        The thing is expensive but worth it IMO. Well-built, very easy to keep clean, everything is magnetically attached. Very slick.

                        https://brezicoffee.com/products/brezi-cold

                        IMG_3812.jpeg

                        Think it, be it.

                        last edited by ChrisCC 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 4
                        • ChrisCC
                          ChrisC
                          IHUK Crew
                          @mclaincausey
                          Joined:

                          @mclaincausey very cool bit of kit

                          last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                          • First post
                            Last post
                          Copyright Iron Heart 2025.