• Home
    • Recent
    • Calendar
    • Register
    • Login
    Iron Heart Forum
    Iron Heart Forum

    Iron Heart - Coveted - The Wall Street Journal

    Random questions to which you seek an answer

    The Resource Centre
    757
    19.1k
    7.7m
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • northsouthdenimguyN
      northsouthdenimguy
      啓蒙家
      @Denimhead 0
      Joined:

      @Denimhead-0

      Not sure if anybody else was doing this, but some of my buddies were wearing those Guess jeans with the zippers on the sides that were actually women’s jeans at the time. 😂

      @SKT Oh, and I definitely pinched and cuffed my jeans

      @selveldgesteps

      last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
      • chrisjohnnickC
        chrisjohnnick
        Iron Heart Deity
        Joined:

        Not sure if this belongs in the specific GAH thread, random rants, or somewhere else, but figured I'd try here first.

        I have a GAH curb chain that I've had for about 4 years now. I wear it every single day, sleep in it, shower in it, run in it, swim in it, etc. It's not ALL the time, but maybe 3-4 times a year the clasp just somehow undoes itself. I've had a couple good scares where it has fallen off and I've thought it was lost forever, and a few times where I've just happened to look down and see it like the photo below.

        It's happened when wearing thick denim long sleeves that it could snag on, and in summer when wearing short sleeves that don't touch it. It's happened when stacked with another bracelet that could snag on it, and when worn by itself on a wrist. I've also tried it on different wrists and facing the opposite direction. The clasp closes nice and snug and doesn't come apart when pulled on by hand. I'm at the point where I don't want to wear it for fear of losing it (again) but don't want to let it go because it's one of the few GAH pieces that I feel I can pull off (no pun intended).

        Ugh.

        IMG_6523.jpg

        "You're under no obligation to be the same person you were five minutes ago."

        last edited by chrisjohnnick AdamJA 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
        • AdamJA
          AdamJ
          IHUK Crew
          @chrisjohnnick
          Joined:

          @chrisjohnnick definitely worth reaching out to GA (even if you didn't get it directly from them) and seeing if they have any suggestions. They are a very nice bunch who take pride in their work so if the clasp is failing, they would certainly hear you out

          The devil is in the detail..

          last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
          • Tago MagoT
            Tago Mago
            Mod Squad
            Joined:

            anyone been to the British Museum to see the Bayeux Tapestry? @ARNC per chance?

            last edited by goosehdG ARNCA 2 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 1
            • goosehdG
              goosehd
              Mod Squad
              @Tago Mago
              Joined:

              @Tago-Mago great question. From what I’ve been reading it’s been a bit of a logistical nightmare to get into and visit, but would love to hear a first hand account!

              “our policy of no discussions regarding politics, religion, asparagus, and other controversial issues.” - Andrew

              last edited by goosehd Tago MagoT 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
              • Tago MagoT
                Tago Mago
                Mod Squad
                @goosehd
                Joined:

                @goosehd the tickets for Jan 01-Mar 31 go on sale Oct 21 as far as I am aware. We are thinking of flying over for a long weekend if we can get tickets

                last edited by goosehdG 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                • goosehdG
                  goosehd
                  Mod Squad
                  @Tago Mago
                  Joined:

                  @Tago-Mago best of luck and hope you get in to see it! I wouldn’t mind seeing it myself.

                  “our policy of no discussions regarding politics, religion, asparagus, and other controversial issues.” - Andrew

                  last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                  • ARNCA
                    ARNC
                    見習いボス
                    @Tago Mago
                    Joined:

                    @Tago-Mago I haven’t and reports of the experience have put me off (although it should be better if/when you make it over). I also got to see one of the full-size photographic prints from 1873 when I saw the Tim Walker: Wonderful Things exhibition a few years ago (it was the inspiration behind his Soldiers of Tomorrow series) where there were no museum staff with cattle prods.

                    “His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.“

                    last edited by ARNC Tago MagoT 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                    • Tago MagoT
                      Tago Mago
                      Mod Squad
                      @ARNC
                      Joined:

                      @ARNC Thanks for your response. I've read some reports that have left me wondering if I want to submit myself to that particular experience. The hope, as you say, is that they have ironed out the kinks for the next two runs

                      last edited by ARNCA 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                      • ARNCA
                        ARNC
                        見習いボス
                        @Tago Mago
                        Joined:

                        @Tago-Mago apparently Mary Beard is on the case, so there’s hope!

                        “His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.“

                        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                        • endoE
                          endo
                          見習いボス
                          Joined:

                          I don't know much about the exhibition in London, but I’ve seen the Bayeux Tapestry, and I thought it was amazing. It’s incredibly detailed and a fascinating experience. You walk along it like a sort of oversized medieval comic strip—plus there’s all the historical significance regarding the Normanization of Great Britain. I just thought it was fantastic.

                          si tacuisses

                          last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3
                          • AetasA
                            Aetas
                            見習いボス
                            Joined:

                            Aetas said in the (new) endomobile:

                            @endo said in the (new) endomobile:

                            … where we saw the Bayeux Tapestry
                            IMG_2975.jpg

                            This Tapestry is mindblowing!
                            Walked once back and force and back again and couldn’t believe how much information you can knit into one piece!

                            Be aware @Tago-Mago , that there is an important difference in presentation between Bayeux and London.
                            IMG_7847.webp
                            Friends told me, that it is is a total difference experience to see it not hanging at a wall.

                            last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                            • First post
                              Last post
                            Copyright Iron Heart 2025.