• Home
    • Recent
    • Calendar
    • Register
    • Login
    Iron Heart Forum
    Iron Heart Forum

    Iron Heart - Coveted - The Wall Street Journal

    Random questions to which you seek an answer

    The Resource Centre
    757
    19.1k
    7.7m
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • northsouthdenimguyN
      northsouthdenimguy
      啓蒙家
      @Luijim78
      Joined:

      @Luijim78

      The early Girbauds were fantastic. Just a traditional five-pocket jean, big plain rear pockets, leather waistband patch, that little white label across the fly, and the blue loop.

      I wore these like crazy from around ’86 to ’90, just before Girbaud started getting into that crazy Z. Cavaricci pleated high waisted Crayola color look of the early ’90s.

      IMG_6464.jpeg IMG_6465.jpeg

      @selveldgesteps

      last edited by SKTS Denimhead 0D 2 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 2
      • SKTS
        SKT
        見習いボス
        @northsouthdenimguy
        Joined:

        @northsouthdenimguy loved my Girbauds in the 80’s. Will try to dig up a pic.

        Also, please tell me who did a pinched and rolled cuff…

        Rampant Hemmer
        WTB: IHSH-308-IND large

        last edited by SKT goosehdG Denimhead 0D 2 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 3
        • goosehdG
          goosehd
          Mod Squad
          @SKT
          Joined:

          @SKT of course 🤣

          “our policy of no discussions regarding politics, religion, asparagus, and other controversial issues.” - Andrew

          last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
          • JordJ
            Jord
            Haraki san Expert
            Joined:

            I probably shouldn't question it and just buy stuff... But has there been a price drop to a lot of items on the IHUK website today? (at least in GBP)

            @ShopatIronHeart

            last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • GilesG
              Giles
              IHUK Crew
              Joined:

              Probably. we were just sorting out a discrepancy in cur fixed currency conversion rates. We used to have real time conversions, but people got confused/pissed off because all the prices in our non-base currency would change from day to day. So now we fix, and chage when the currency/currencies move significantly.

              "OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

              last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
              • Denimhead 0D
                Denimhead 0
                Iron Heart Deity
                @northsouthdenimguy
                Joined:

                @northsouthdenimguy Seeing Girbaud, reminds me of my favorite pair of Guess jeans 😁

                IG - gratefuldenimhead (jeans and boots), Norseamerican (bicycles)

                last edited by northsouthdenimguyN 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                • Denimhead 0D
                  Denimhead 0
                  Iron Heart Deity
                  @SKT
                  Joined:

                  @SKT Definitely a pinched and rolled cuff guy in the summer months of the late 80’s / early 90’s 😁

                  IG - gratefuldenimhead (jeans and boots), Norseamerican (bicycles)

                  last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                  • northsouthdenimguyN
                    northsouthdenimguy
                    啓蒙家
                    @Denimhead 0
                    Joined:

                    @Denimhead-0

                    Not sure if anybody else was doing this, but some of my buddies were wearing those Guess jeans with the zippers on the sides that were actually women’s jeans at the time. 😂

                    @SKT Oh, and I definitely pinched and cuffed my jeans

                    @selveldgesteps

                    last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                    • chrisjohnnickC
                      chrisjohnnick
                      Iron Heart Deity
                      Joined:

                      Not sure if this belongs in the specific GAH thread, random rants, or somewhere else, but figured I'd try here first.

                      I have a GAH curb chain that I've had for about 4 years now. I wear it every single day, sleep in it, shower in it, run in it, swim in it, etc. It's not ALL the time, but maybe 3-4 times a year the clasp just somehow undoes itself. I've had a couple good scares where it has fallen off and I've thought it was lost forever, and a few times where I've just happened to look down and see it like the photo below.

                      It's happened when wearing thick denim long sleeves that it could snag on, and in summer when wearing short sleeves that don't touch it. It's happened when stacked with another bracelet that could snag on it, and when worn by itself on a wrist. I've also tried it on different wrists and facing the opposite direction. The clasp closes nice and snug and doesn't come apart when pulled on by hand. I'm at the point where I don't want to wear it for fear of losing it (again) but don't want to let it go because it's one of the few GAH pieces that I feel I can pull off (no pun intended).

                      Ugh.

                      IMG_6523.jpg

                      "You're under no obligation to be the same person you were five minutes ago."

                      last edited by chrisjohnnick AdamJA 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                      • AdamJA
                        AdamJ
                        IHUK Crew
                        @chrisjohnnick
                        Joined:

                        @chrisjohnnick definitely worth reaching out to GA (even if you didn't get it directly from them) and seeing if they have any suggestions. They are a very nice bunch who take pride in their work so if the clasp is failing, they would certainly hear you out

                        The devil is in the detail..

                        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                        • First post
                          Last post
                        Copyright Iron Heart 2025.