• Home
    • Recent
    • Calendar
    • Register
    • Login
    Iron Heart Forum
    Iron Heart Forum

    Iron Heart - Coveted - The Wall Street Journal

    Ask Giles and/or Alex Anything

    The Resource Centre
    120
    802
    200.6k
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • goosehdG
      goosehd
      Mod Squad
      @Slash
      Joined:

      @Slash Just like every other fad before (Rolex’s and other higher end watches, Custom Knives (or production knives pretending to be custom), Sneakers, etc.) the denim thing will fade with time and everything will return to normal. Blame the flippers or what not, but I hate the game and wish people only bought what they truly wanted instead of trying to make a quick buck.

      “our policy of no discussions regarding politics, religion, asparagus, and other controversial issues.” - Andrew

      last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3
      • wjwW
        wjw
        Haraki san Expert
        Joined:

        Levis also has terrible sizing info. Not good enough for me to want to try their better quality stuff

        777S-21 |777SST | 634S-142ib-c | 634XHS | 634UHR | IHSH-293-OD | IHSH-130-GB | IHSH-337 | IHSH-422

        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
        • jimcordJ
          jimcord
          Raw and Unwashed
          Joined:

          Giles/Alex, with your long standing relationship with Haraki-san and Iron Heart both personal and professional, what Japanese cultural attitudes or behaviors would you say have changed or been implemented into your way of thinking and life? Do you think your British behaviors or mannerisms have changed Haraki as well?

          last edited by AlexA 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 7
          • AlexA
            Alex
            IHUK Crew
            @jimcord
            Joined:

            @jimcord that's a tough one - I probably have adopted a few things subconsciously, but im not sure what they are. I try to put myself in the headspace of our Japanese colleagues when communicating with them, which I think helps ease communication and minimise clashes. I am not sure Haraki has adoped much of the british/western way of thinking, but his openess to listen to us is in itself quite unusual.

            last edited by jimcordJ 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 6
            • jimcordJ
              jimcord
              Raw and Unwashed
              @Alex
              Joined:

              @Alex thank you for your response. I guess with Iron Heart being his brand and vision and it’s success, one does not have to easily bend often, but glad to hear that he does to the Padmore team on occasion. I respect and admire the success IH has garnered with such a unique east/west partnership.

              last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • GilesG
                Giles
                IHUK Crew
                Joined:

                @jimcord Sorry to be tardy in responding....

                I'm not sure that much has changed to me as a general personality shift, but I am much more aware now, of how to behave when in Japan to lessen intercultural tension/misunderstandings. I also find myself constructing sentences in English in a way that I have observed Japanese constructing sentences when they speak English.

                When Haraki is over here, he needs to go home having eaten at least, Scones, clotted cream and jam, a Sunday roast, fish and chips and, as a bonus point, a decent beefburger.....

                "OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

                last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 9
                • RocknRollR
                  RocknRoll
                  Joined:

                  I fully endorse Haraki’s dietry “requirements”!

                  Sporadic visitor.

                  last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                  • jimcordJ
                    jimcord
                    Raw and Unwashed
                    Joined:

                    Giles, it sounds as if you are plotting a haraki-san game of thrones takeover by means of a heart attack! Lol
                    I still remember the advice you gave me in Los Angeles when I told you about the customer service issue I had with Momotaro, in case you don’t remember, you said you would wish you had known me sooner so you could’ve helped me craft my communication with them better to avoid the misunderstandings that took place. I took that advice to Heart in every communication I have had since with any Japanese company., trying to be aware of how tone and words can be misconstrued in translation. I appreciated the advice then, and I still appreciate it now. Thank you.

                    last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                    • GilesG
                      Giles
                      IHUK Crew
                      Joined:

                      Thank you....

                      "OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

                      last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • MizmazzleM
                        Mizmazzle
                        見習いボス
                        Joined:

                        @Alex @Giles

                        With the future of the UHR denim in a state of uncertainty, are there any more runs scheduled for production/ release that might have been initiated with denim that was completed before the passing of the wife from that mill?

                        In the easy chair with my boots on, melted whiskey in my hand. Could'na been asleep for more than three hours...time to go to work again...

                        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                        • GilesG
                          Giles
                          IHUK Crew
                          Joined:

                          Nope

                          "OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

                          last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                          • MizmazzleM
                            Mizmazzle
                            見習いボス
                            Joined:

                            Guess that’s the way things go sometimes

                            In the easy chair with my boots on, melted whiskey in my hand. Could'na been asleep for more than three hours...time to go to work again...

                            last edited by Mizmazzle 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                            • RocknRollR
                              RocknRoll
                              Joined:

                              I recently acquired some effectively new (ie unworn or washed) 25oz IH jeans. The denim feels softer and less dark than i recall. That said, my last pair of 25oz was over 10 years ago.
                              I suspect the difference is in my memory or perception, but curious to know if there has been any change in recipe over the last decade or so?

                              Sporadic visitor.

                              last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                              • AlexA
                                Alex
                                IHUK Crew
                                Joined:

                                None that I am aware of, or that I have noticed since 2017

                                last edited by RocknRollR 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                • GilesG
                                  Giles
                                  IHUK Crew
                                  Joined:

                                  None that I am aware of.....

                                  "OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

                                  last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                  • gXnoyaG
                                    gXnoya
                                    Joined:

                                    @Giles @Alex

                                    Any plans in 2026/27 for the release of 684 XHSib?

                                    IH-888-UHR | IH 888-XHSib | IH-634-XHSib | IH-634-XHS | IH-777-XHS | SEXIH-301OD | IH-666-SLB | IH-555-142ib | plus CPOs, jackets etc

                                    last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                                    • AlexA
                                      Alex
                                      IHUK Crew
                                      Joined:

                                      probably not, but eventually yes

                                      last edited by Daniel SanD 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                                      • RocknRollR
                                        RocknRoll
                                        @Alex
                                        Joined:

                                        @Alex
                                        Thanks for the reply. Must be a case of distorted memory. Beautiful denim anyway.

                                        Sporadic visitor.

                                        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                        • Daniel SanD
                                          Daniel San
                                          見習いボス
                                          @Alex
                                          Joined:

                                          @Alex
                                          21oz Type 1 in 2027 ? 😁

                                          last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                          • AlexA
                                            Alex
                                            IHUK Crew
                                            Joined:

                                            Maybe...

                                            last edited by Daniel SanD 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Copyright Iron Heart 2025.