• Home
    • Recent
    • Calendar
    • Register
    • Login
    Iron Heart Forum
    Iron Heart Forum

    Iron Heart - Coveted - The Wall Street Journal

    IH-1955S-142od - 14oz Selvedge Denim "1955" Vintage Tapered Jeans - Indigo Overdyed Black

    Bottoms
    23
    65
    4.4k
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • R
      Ral1121
      Raw and Unwashed
      @Anesthetist
      Joined:

      @Anesthetist same here hopefully the team can find a pair that meets what I am looking for as I was between sizes. I really only have this cut or the 888s as options for me.

      last edited by AnesthetistA 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
      • AnesthetistA
        Anesthetist
        見習いボス
        @Ral1121
        Joined:

        @Ral1121 if it can be done, you know they will!

        IG: bluehandsslim

        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
        • profdbrkP
          profdbrk
          Raw and Unwashed
          Joined:

          How I would love a pair of 1955 in indigo XHS and 21oz (or 14oz) black. Perhaps the resurgence of interest in this fit will bring us more choices? I daily light incense to the denim kamis. Just sayin'.

          Qui plume a, guerre a. 不完全さは美しさ,です狂気は天才です

          last edited by MiiksM 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • MiiksM
            Miiks
            Haraki san Expert
            @profdbrk
            Joined:

            @profdbrk

            https://ironheart.co.uk/collections/future-release/products/ih-1955s-142bb

            last edited by Miiks 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
            • R
              Ral1121
              Raw and Unwashed
              Joined:

              Just got my pair in today and the fit is spot on. I also have never felt a pair that is so soft to start. Almost feel very light to the 18 and 21oz I wore until they were to large as I have lost weight. Feel like nothing compared to my 25oz samurai’s I am currently wearing.

              last edited by EdHE 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
              • EdHE
                EdH
                Iron Heart Deity
                @Ral1121
                Joined:

                @Ral1121 said in IH-1955S-142od - 14oz Selvedge Denim "1955" Vintage Tapered Jeans - Indigo Overdyed Black:

                Just got my pair in today and the fit is spot on.

                Fit pics or it didn't happen. 😉

                Take the dive...

                last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • harleylawhornH
                  harleylawhorn
                  Haraki san Student
                  Joined:

                  Incredible feel of these bad boys. First 14 oz. Really soft and light but tough. With high rise was able to size down into a 32.1 from my normal 32.5-33 fit. Side note, I’m amazed out this Tochigi belt is fully in stock. I know it’s not the quintessential square buckle but this thing slaps. Might post in that thread as well.
                  IMG_3600.jpeg

                  The sun shines not on us but in us.
                  J. Muir

                  last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 4
                  • jfive67J
                    jfive67
                    Raw and Unwashed
                    Joined:

                    Just got my pair. This fabric is absolutely fantastic. Incredibly soft. I feel bad for my other jeans as they are surely going to be neglected.

                    After trying them on, my wife even said “you should get those in other colors.” Don’t have to tell me twice!


                    Life's for living!

                    last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                    • J
                      JohnM
                      Raw and Unwashed
                      Joined:

                      For those with experience, would you expect ANY inseam shrinkage at all with these overdyed jeans, even with a warm wash and time in the dryer? I know the dryer is ill advised, but sometimes they have a mind of their own and end up there ...

                      last edited by profdbrkP AnesthetistA GilesG 3 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • profdbrkP
                        profdbrk
                        Raw and Unwashed
                        @JohnM
                        Joined:

                        @JohnM , it's been my experience that the OD versions are particularly less vulnerable to shrinkage even if they end up in the dryer. There will be the usual reversion from the stretch that comes with wearing but that will open up again. So I'd say don't worry about it even a little.

                        Qui plume a, guerre a. 不完全さは美しさ,です狂気は天才です

                        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                        • AnesthetistA
                          Anesthetist
                          見習いボス
                          @JohnM
                          Joined:

                          @JohnM what @profdbrk said. The OD process pretty much kills any potential for shrinkage.
                          The product page lists the crazy process

                          IMG_8374.png

                          Even George Costanza could wear these in the pool and not have shrinkage 😄

                          My big concern for the dryer and OD would be the potential for marbling

                          IG: bluehandsslim

                          last edited by Anesthetist 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                          • AnesthetistA
                            Anesthetist
                            見習いボス
                            Joined:

                            IMG_8186.jpeg
                            Here’s my pair, I’m pretty happy with them although I had forgotten how black a new pair of OD are. I feel like I’m rocking dress pants!

                            IG: bluehandsslim

                            last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 4
                            • GilesG
                              Giles
                              IHUK Crew
                              @JohnM
                              Joined:

                              @JohnM said in IH-1955S-142od - 14oz Selvedge Denim "1955" Vintage Tapered Jeans - Indigo Overdyed Black:

                              would you expect ANY inseam shrinkage at all with these overdyed jeans

                              No

                              "OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

                              last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3
                              • First post
                                Last post
                              Copyright Iron Heart 2025.