• Home
    • Recent
    • Calendar
    • Register
    • Login
    Iron Heart Forum
    Iron Heart Forum

    Iron Heart - Coveted - The Wall Street Journal

    IHJ-154-OLV - 8oz Sateen/Primaloft® Winter Parka Jacket - Olive

    Jackets
    18
    30
    3.2k
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • ZackBZ
      ZackB
      Haraki san Student
      @derek111
      Joined:

      @derek111 that’s colder than it gets here ever haha. This jacket is so dope just might be out of practical wearing for me.

      last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • RubyRaeR
        RubyRae
        Raw and Unwashed
        @Nick
        Joined:

        @Nick what size is Mike wearing?

        last edited by AlexA 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • AlexA
          Alex
          IHUK Crew
          @RubyRae
          Joined:

          @RubyRae Large

          last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
          • derek111D
            derek111
            Joined:

            Quick appreciation post on this fabric. Love the way it is holding it's creases and shape. 🤌

            PXL_20251126_193521425~2.jpg

            Get outside, feel small

            last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 6
            • noescapinN
              noescapin
              Haraki san Student
              Joined:

              Not sure why, but I’ve just come across this parka and it’s exactly what I’ve been missing this winter – especially when I’m out with my 3-year-old son, standing around or walking very slowly on cold German days (we have up -10°C sometimes but very humid and windy which is really ugly)

              I’m trying to decide on sizing and could use some input.

              My body measurements are very close to the models Michael and Sam shown on the product page (height around 190 cm / 6’3”, chest ~100 cm / ~40”), but I don’t think size L would work well for my intended use.

              I plan to wear the parka layered with:
              • T-shirt
              • UHF
              • and sometimes a heavy hoodie

              For reference:
              • All my IH UHF(or other Japanese shirts) are size XXL and fit me very well, never tried XL but I guess it would also fit
              • Sleeves are maybe ~1.5 cm on the long side, but otherwise the fit is spot on.
              • They work great both worn on their own over a T-shirt and as a mid-layer.
              • Same applies to other Iron Heart selvedge denim shirts in XXL.

              Based on this and my use case (cold weather, a lot of standing still), I’m currently leaning towards XXL in the IHJ-138, rather than L or XL (which isn't available right now)

              Happy to hear thoughts from anyone with experience layering this parka.

              last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • todyT
                tody
                啓蒙家
                Joined:

                My personal experience is limited to trying one on at Arborator in Haarlem. It was an XXL which fit me well, and XXL is my go to size in shirts.
                Tagging @ShopatIronHeart for further advice.

                last edited by tody noescapinN 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                • noescapinN
                  noescapin
                  Haraki san Student
                  @tody
                  Joined:

                  @tody Thanks, pretty sure XXL should fit pretty well. Just ordered one 😃

                  last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • AnesthetistA
                    Anesthetist
                    見習いボス
                    Joined:

                    Ordered the last large, I’m excited to get it

                    IG: bluehandsslim

                    last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • S
                      sabergirl
                      見習いボス
                      Joined:

                      Hell yeah, Matt @Anesthetist . I would’ve been all over that if it ever got cold enough here. I’m sure it’s a killer piece

                      last edited by AnesthetistA 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                      • AnesthetistA
                        Anesthetist
                        見習いボス
                        @sabergirl
                        Joined:

                        @sabergirl thank you! It will def be cold enough in Missouri (at least for now?) come January.
                        I have a TEN C parka which is almost too warm so hopefully this piece will be just right.

                        IG: bluehandsslim

                        last edited by jordanscollectedJ 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                        • jordanscollectedJ
                          jordanscollected
                          啓蒙家
                          @Anesthetist
                          Joined:

                          @Anesthetist you may have the perfect climate for this jacket as it’s not waterproof. How much snow/rain do you see in winter?

                          world tours:
                          888 Fat guy chocolate WT
                          Mad Red x2
                          Wabidashery

                          last edited by AnesthetistA 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                          • AnesthetistA
                            Anesthetist
                            見習いボス
                            @jordanscollected
                            Joined:

                            @jordanscollected honestly it depends on the year. We usually get ice but last year we had snow pretty often. I have worn my storm rider in the drizzle/ snow and it’s been great, I imagine this one could handle some light precipitation at the least?

                            IG: bluehandsslim

                            last edited by jordanscollectedJ 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                            • jordanscollectedJ
                              jordanscollected
                              啓蒙家
                              @Anesthetist
                              Joined:

                              @Anesthetist you could always give it a light treatment with a spray that hopefully wouldn’t stain it. But I’d let it get wet first and see. Plus, with the insulation it’ll still be warm even if you get soaked.

                              world tours:
                              888 Fat guy chocolate WT
                              Mad Red x2
                              Wabidashery

                              last edited by AnesthetistA 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                              • AnesthetistA
                                Anesthetist
                                見習いボス
                                @jordanscollected
                                Joined:

                                @jordanscollected that’s my hope 🤞thanks man!

                                IG: bluehandsslim

                                last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                • First post
                                  Last post
                                Copyright Iron Heart 2025.