• Home
    • Recent
    • Calendar
    • Register
    • Login
    Iron Heart Forum
    Iron Heart Forum

    Iron Heart - Coveted - The Wall Street Journal

    Black bear brand

    Other Brands and Shops
    11
    25
    414
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • A
      ant1121
      Raw and Unwashed
      Joined:

      d545d404-6816-4aa5-ab8f-5c64ef57480a-image.png

      https://blackbearbrand.com/black-bear-brand-factory-store/harris-tweed-midnight-glen-tartan-wool-western-jacket-with-diamond-quilt-lining

      Thoughts on this company? Is it worth the price

      I can’t seem to find any reviews on there Harris tweed jackets. I know that they are 1 run fabric color and then they won’t make that color anymore but other than that I can’t find any material on them

      last edited by dirtyframerD 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • dirtyframerD
        dirtyframer
        Haraki san Expert
        @ant1121
        Joined:

        @ant1121 I have a handful of their pieces and quality is on point. Gearing up to pre-order his "Dream" leather jacket ^^

        IG: mgm.woodworks & denim_n_boots

        "Every day work harder on yourself than you do at work."

        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
        • scarfmaceS
          scarfmace
          Haraki san Expert
          Joined:

          They where the first brand to do a super sick N1 in Horsehide Leather colab with Y2 a couple years ago, since then, It's been copied quite a few times by 'the shop vancover' and even Buzz Rickson I believe. Never got to pull the trigger on one, but it sure is a quality jacket.

          "I hate a man that talks when he's got nothing to say." – Woodrow Call

          last edited by scarfmace 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
          • D
            Darth-fader
            Raw and Unwashed
            Joined:

            I've got a pair of their cords which are nice, I like the style of them a lot, but don't feel the quality is quite as high as iron heart, so they are a a bit overpriced in my opinion.
            But I do also have a couple of their leather jackets which are really great quality and I would recommend

            last edited by Daniel SanD 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
            • Daniel SanD
              Daniel San
              見習いボス
              @Darth-fader
              Joined:

              @Darth-fader
              aren’t the leather jackets made by Y2 ?
              they had a white car coat some time ago which was awesome, but was too afraid to buy because of sizing.

              last edited by D 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • D
                Darth-fader
                Raw and Unwashed
                @Daniel San
                Joined:

                @Daniel-San yeah, some of them are y2 and I think they do collaborations with other brands too.....so the quality is right up there (but so unfortunately is the price!)

                last edited by Darth-fader 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                • ConanC
                  Conan
                  Raw and Unwashed
                  Joined:

                  Over priced and terrible customer service in my opinion. I confirmed measurements before ordering and the pair I received were way off the chart. They said any variance would be based on the person measuring rather than acknowledging the chart was wrong.

                  No man ever steps in the same denim twice, for it's not the same denim and he's not the same man.

                  last edited by steelworkerS 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                  • A
                    ant1121
                    Raw and Unwashed
                    Joined:

                    I ended up purchasing, it’s kinda pricey but for the material and craftsman ship that everyone seems to agree on it seems worth it imo. I’ve been looking at Harris tweed jackets lately and all of them seem to be sports coats. This cut and the color seem to be really rare. I’ve never seen that color before buts it’s sick ! IMO. Craftsmanship, Provenance, cut, and rarity of color seems worthwhile to me

                    last edited by corralitosC 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                    • dirtyframerD
                      dirtyframer
                      Haraki san Expert
                      Joined:

                      Ive always had terrific service with Josh.

                      20260627_133730.jpg

                      IG: mgm.woodworks & denim_n_boots

                      "Every day work harder on yourself than you do at work."

                      last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 5
                      • AnesthetistA
                        Anesthetist
                        見習いボス
                        Joined:

                        Styling isnt for me and neither is the pricing.

                        IG: bluehandsslim

                        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                        • corralitosC
                          corralitos
                          Haraki san Prodigy
                          @ant1121
                          Joined:

                          @ant1121 Let us know how it is when it comes in.

                          I've tried a couple of his shirts and the sizing had been off for me so I never dove into a larger purchase. Also... I find their marketing annoying so I stopped following them across all platforms and forgot about them until this post - seemed much more lifestyle focused and less about the fabric/clothing.

                          last edited by northsouthdenimguyN A 2 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 3
                          • northsouthdenimguyN
                            northsouthdenimguy
                            啓蒙家
                            Joined:

                            All their collab stuff, like the jackets and boots, is really good and the quality is excellent. I’d put their clothing more on the level of RRL.

                            I have quite a few of their shirts, a couple pairs of boots, and some of the corduroys. Weight-wise, material-wise, and construction-wise, they’re all perfectly fine, but everything has that somewhat lighter-weight feel to it.

                            If that’s your style, like RRL mentioned above, then it’s a great option. Albeit, probably a little overpriced for what it is, but I’d say the same thing about RRL.

                            @selveldgesteps

                            last edited by A 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                            • northsouthdenimguyN
                              northsouthdenimguy
                              啓蒙家
                              @corralitos
                              Joined:

                              @corralitos

                              You just need to live that “full throttle” lifestyle 🤣

                              @selveldgesteps

                              last edited by corralitosC 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                              • corralitosC
                                corralitos
                                Haraki san Prodigy
                                @northsouthdenimguy
                                Joined:

                                @northsouthdenimguy haha totally.

                                I know motorcycle riding plays a big role in IH clothing but at least they don’t make @SamD ride one around for every new drops and restocks vid 😂

                                last edited by corralitos northsouthdenimguyN 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3
                                • northsouthdenimguyN
                                  northsouthdenimguy
                                  啓蒙家
                                  @corralitos
                                  Joined:

                                  @corralitos

                                  I’m sure he just does his own marketing and product pics to save money…

                                  Edit: 🤣.

                                  @selveldgesteps

                                  last edited by northsouthdenimguy corralitosC 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                                  • corralitosC
                                    corralitos
                                    Haraki san Prodigy
                                    @northsouthdenimguy
                                    Joined:

                                    @northsouthdenimguy You're likely right.

                                    It's easy to poke fun but it can't be easy to run a small business. No doubt impressed by his work and have big respect for anyone running their own line.

                                    Edit: but his drone shots can't be cheap right?? 😂

                                    last edited by corralitos northsouthdenimguyN 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                                    • northsouthdenimguyN
                                      northsouthdenimguy
                                      啓蒙家
                                      @corralitos
                                      Joined:

                                      @corralitos

                                      Not gonna lie, he seems like he has a pretty fun life just cruising around and making stuff. It’s just a little much for me at times and can sometimes come across as a bit self-focused.

                                      I think that’s the trick with a lot of this stuff. You want to show the process and the lifestyle around it, but there’s a line where it can start feeling more like showing off yourself than actually showcasing the product or the work.

                                      @selveldgesteps

                                      last edited by corralitosC 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 4
                                      • corralitosC
                                        corralitos
                                        Haraki san Prodigy
                                        @northsouthdenimguy
                                        Joined:

                                        @northsouthdenimguy 100%

                                        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                                        • steelworkerS
                                          steelworker
                                          見習いボス
                                          @Conan
                                          Joined:

                                          @Conan so that is it? Blame the worker and tough shit for you?

                                          Those are my principles, and if you don't like them…
                                          Well, I have others.

                                          last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                          • A
                                            ant1121
                                            Raw and Unwashed
                                            @corralitos
                                            Joined:

                                            @corralitos I for sure will let you all know.

                                            last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Copyright Iron Heart 2025.