• Home
    • Recent
    • Calendar
    • Register
    • Login
    Iron Heart Forum
    Iron Heart Forum

    Iron Heart - Coveted - The Wall Street Journal

    IH-634-XHSib - 25oz Selvedge Denim Straight Cut Jeans - Indigo/Black

    Bottoms
    120
    690
    151.4k
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • Denimhead 0D
      Denimhead 0
      Iron Heart Deity
      Joined:

      Joined the 634 xhsib club last week w this lightly used pair. I’m more of an 888 guy, however, 634 is growing in me.
      IMG_9432.jpeg

      IG - gratefuldenimhead (jeans and boots), Norseamerican (bicycles)

      last edited by Denimhead 0 cyclopsC MizmazzleM 2 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 5
      • cyclopsC
        cyclops
        Raw and Unwashed
        @Denimhead 0
        Joined:

        @Denimhead-0 hey whats the difference between them in your opinion? I have been surprised by the 634 pics, they look slimming and nice. Would you say maybe its just rise of the 888 is obviously higher?

        last edited by Denimhead 0D 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • Denimhead 0D
          Denimhead 0
          Iron Heart Deity
          @cyclops
          Joined:

          @cyclops higher rise, top block is a little roomier on 888 and more tapered. I prefer the 888 with my Vans and Converse. 634 and 666 pairs better w boots imho.

          IG - gratefuldenimhead (jeans and boots), Norseamerican (bicycles)

          last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 4
          • MizmazzleM
            Mizmazzle
            見習いボス
            @Denimhead 0
            Joined:

            @Denimhead-0 I love the 888 cut too. But I do find the 634 very comfortable and also that straight leg has its place with certain wider boots and more wide leg styles. I love engineers with the 888 and the 634. I have some wesco jobmasters that I almost exclusively wear with my 634s, 822s and a pair of Freenote deck pants that are fairly wide legged.

            In the easy chair with my boots on, melted whiskey in my hand. Could'na been asleep for more than three hours...time to go to work again...

            last edited by Mizmazzle 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3
            • FlavourFadeF
              FlavourFade
              Raw and Unwashed
              Joined:

              @Mizmazzle @Denim-n-dust @cyclops since I wear my 634 I don't think of them as a "wide" or relaxed cut anymore like I did in the past. They work with everything I think and are very flattering, everytime I wear my 555 I realize how restricting they are especially with heavier fabrics

              Insta: max_25oz

              WTB:
              -IHSH-397 XXL/XXXL
              -526j / 526pj XXL/XXXL

              last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 6
              • K
                Kurbrubador
                Raw and Unwashed
                Joined:

                Hi all, just got my first iron heart. Coming from a 17oz Samurai, this is stiff! Wondering if I can get recommendations if I should soak first or not. It’s a size up from what I would usually wear but I thought the extra space will be better given the weight. Notes on the fit is welcome.
                IMG_8951.jpeg
                IMG_8955.jpeg
                IMG_8970.jpeg

                last edited by OaktaviaO 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 7
                • OaktaviaO
                  Oaktavia
                  見習いボス
                  @Kurbrubador
                  Joined:

                  @Kurbrubador I definitely recommend hot soaking and washing on hot, inside out, no spin and drip dry in the sun. Fit looks spot on imo, more room with 25oz is much more comfortable.

                  IG: theindigowizard

                  "Possibly splitting hairs, but I consider @Oaktavia to be the beardy, dank High Magus of this denim game…" @neph93

                  ISO: IHJ-32 - XL/XXL

                  last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3
                  • Rustygate37R
                    Rustygate37
                    The Unwoven
                    Joined:

                    One day I’ll finally get a pair

                    last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • K
                      Kurbrubador
                      Raw and Unwashed
                      Joined:

                      Post first soak and a few wears. Getting used to the mid rise
                      IMG_9184.jpeg
                      IMG_9181.jpeg
                      IMG_9183.jpeg

                      last edited by Denimhead 0D 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 8
                      • Denimhead 0D
                        Denimhead 0
                        Iron Heart Deity
                        @Kurbrubador
                        Joined:

                        @Kurbrubador Fit looks great 👍

                        IG - gratefuldenimhead (jeans and boots), Norseamerican (bicycles)

                        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                        • nurunuruN
                          nurunuru
                          Joined:

                          Freshly laundered, freestanding, and ready for autumn. Always enjoy how they snap right back to being like cardboard after a wash.

                          PXL_20260901_150045939.jpg

                          PXL_20260901_150234470.jpg

                          last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 8
                          • phoenixinflightP
                            phoenixinflight
                            Raw and Unwashed
                            Joined:

                            After 7 months in the classic 21oz 634S, I'm deeply looking forward to owning a pair of these in the future. Looks like a great challenge

                            last edited by nurunuruN 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                            • nurunuruN
                              nurunuru
                              @phoenixinflight
                              Joined:

                              @phoenixinflight Having worn the heck out of my 634S-Bs and now spent a few months in these, I can say with some confidence that I much prefer the 21oz fabric. The XHS is very fun, sure, and the electric-blue fades are quite diverting, but it's just not as comfortable or practical (outside of hindering road rash, I guess). Don't regret getting 'em. Still enjoy 'em. Just inferior, for me.

                              last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                              • wjwW
                                wjw
                                Haraki san Expert
                                Joined:

                                I find the XHS very comfortable...after a long time. 21oz comfy out the gate, XHS took about a year of casual wear to become very comfortable. 21 can be worn in a much wider temp range though

                                777S-21 |777SST | 634S-142ib-c | 634XHS | 634UHR | IHSH-293-OD | IHSH-130-GB | IHSH-337 | IHSH-422

                                last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                • First post
                                  Last post
                                Copyright Iron Heart 2025.