• Home
    • Recent
    • Calendar
    • Register
    • Login
    Iron Heart Forum
    Iron Heart Forum

    Iron Heart - Coveted - The Wall Street Journal

    Ask Giles and/or Alex Anything

    The Resource Centre
    121
    811
    201.0k
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • AlexA
      Alex
      IHUK Crew
      Joined:

      probably not, but eventually yes

      last edited by Daniel SanD 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
      • RocknRollR
        RocknRoll
        @Alex
        Joined:

        @Alex
        Thanks for the reply. Must be a case of distorted memory. Beautiful denim anyway.

        Sporadic visitor.

        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • Daniel SanD
          Daniel San
          見習いボス
          @Alex
          Joined:

          @Alex
          21oz Type 1 in 2027 ? 😁

          last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • AlexA
            Alex
            IHUK Crew
            Joined:

            Maybe...

            last edited by Daniel SanD 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
            • Daniel SanD
              Daniel San
              見習いボス
              @Alex
              Joined:

              @Alex
              very curious about the 555 lefty od
              does the overdying have any effect on the
              leg twist?

              last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3
              • AlexA
                Alex
                IHUK Crew
                Joined:

                I havent seen a pair in person, but overdying is essentially hot washing - so I presume the same effect as washing has

                last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                • GilesG
                  Giles
                  IHUK Crew
                  Joined:

                  If they are going to twist, OD will just accellerate it.....

                  "OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

                  last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                  • mclaincauseyM
                    mclaincausey
                    見習いボス
                    Joined:

                    Howdy folks. I’ll be in Japan next year and it looks like Nagoya would be the only IH retailer I could make it to, either on a Friday or a Saturday. Just wondering if I should prioritize. My priorities are inventory followed by just seeing an IH store. I can survive without it, as painful as that would be. The reason I’m not able to make it to Hachioji is a couple hours round trip carved out of precious family time in Tokyo if that helps frame what I’m after.

                    Think it, be it.

                    last edited by mclaincausey 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                    • GilesG
                      Giles
                      IHUK Crew
                      Joined:

                      Remember that what they sell in Japan is a fraction of what is sold internationally.....

                      "OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

                      last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • home.dpoH
                        home.dpo
                        Raw and Unwashed
                        Joined:

                        @Giles @Alex Howdy! I am very new to most of this and about a month ago, I fell in love with these barely worn DC4 x IH DC4001 21oz Jeans from a stranger who claims to have bought them in 2011 when it first came out. This is how I found out about selvedge and IH. I reached out to the IH email and found this forum and learned some cool facts about it. I wanted to ask if anyone remembers any cool memories from designing these jeans or any little information about them, if anyone else still had them and their experience with it. It's only my 2nd pair of selvedge and getting my hands on a pair of IH's from back when I was still in elementary school is kinda crazy to me. I'm not used to the format of forums, so excuse me if I am not using this properly! Any and all details/ information would be appreciated.
                        1000033870.jpg
                        1000033873.jpg
                        1000033869.jpg

                        Yeah what he said ^

                        last edited by goosehdG 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                        • goosehdG
                          goosehd
                          Mod Squad
                          @home.dpo
                          Joined:

                          @home.dpo see here: https://forum.ironheart.co.uk/topic/370/dc4001-dc4-iron-heart-21oz-collab

                          “our policy of no discussions regarding politics, religion, asparagus, and other controversial issues.” - Andrew

                          last edited by home.dpoH 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                          • GilesG
                            Giles
                            IHUK Crew
                            Joined:

                            Great catch.

                            Thx for the link @goosehd

                            Some of the details in todays Iron Hearts are derived from what we put into the DC4001’s

                            "OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

                            last edited by Giles home.dpoH 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                            • home.dpoH
                              home.dpo
                              Raw and Unwashed
                              @goosehd
                              Joined:

                              @goosehd You guys have a really cool community. Everything is here. I appreciate it!

                              Yeah what he said ^

                              last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                              • home.dpoH
                                home.dpo
                                Raw and Unwashed
                                @Giles
                                Joined:

                                @Giles I will cherish this article. Thanks for making them last long enough for the next gen lol

                                Yeah what he said ^

                                last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                                • GilesG
                                  Giles
                                  IHUK Crew
                                  Joined:

                                  Daniel from DC4, and I specced them, Haraki made them 😍

                                  "OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

                                  last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                                  • home.dpoH
                                    home.dpo
                                    Raw and Unwashed
                                    Joined:

                                    Quick question, but I always paid attention to how the belt loops of IH jeans are sewn into the waistband. Was there a reason you guys decided not to with this pair and also what was the purpose for the off centered belt loop in the back?

                                    Yeah what he said ^

                                    last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                    • First post
                                      Last post
                                    Copyright Iron Heart 2025.