• Home
    • Recent
    • Calendar
    • Register
    • Login
    Iron Heart Forum
    Iron Heart Forum

    Iron Heart - Coveted - The Wall Street Journal

    Samurai Jeans

    Other Brands and Shops
    290
    3.0k
    1.1m
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • Denimhead 0D
      Denimhead 0
      Iron Heart Deity
      @rasta
      Joined:

      @rasta Did it loose much indigo after first wash?

      IG - gratefuldenimhead (jeans and boots), Norseamerican (bicycles)

      last edited by rastaR 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • A
        aksu
        Raw and Unwashed
        Joined:

        20260801_150220.jpg
        Marvellous fabric. My Masunagas peaking from pocket

        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 4
        • A
          aksu
          Raw and Unwashed
          @cyclops
          Joined:

          @cyclops Samurai sizing is interesting. I'm 36" in their s3000 zero denim and s3100 at 35" was too big. Check the specific cut. Generally 33-34" in IH too. Was lucky enough to visit Samurai jeans in Osaka. Amazing store and great service!

          last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
          • rastaR
            rasta
            Raw and Unwashed
            @Denimhead 0
            Joined:

            @Denimhead-0 said in Samurai Jeans:

            @rasta Did it loose much indigo after first wash?

            Maybe a bit, she definitely doesn’t get as much attention as she should. Too many hoodies in the rotation!IMG_0536.jpeg

            last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 5
            • AskAxelA
              AskAxel
              @samo
              Joined:

              @samo You are correct, I had the code wrong and have edited my post to update. Thanks!

              Just Another Denim Fanatic

              last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • americanathreadsA
                americanathreads
                Raw and Unwashed
                Joined:

                I picked up a pair of the recent 25oz release. Would you guys recommend soaking to them first to get any more shrinkage out? Or just wear them. They’re unsanforized, one-wash.

                last edited by AskAxelA 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • cyclopsC
                  cyclops
                  Raw and Unwashed
                  Joined:

                  Got my SJ42BP today. Its super comfy, drapes well and has nice hand feels. Though i must admit my sense of "heavy" is now a bit warped cause i have been wearing my UHR daily. Like the pants feel so light and not heavy/tough at all. Also the sizing is bigger than i was expecting, should have sized down cause there is also some stretch too. Overall its very nice would highly recommend

                  last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • AskAxelA
                    AskAxel
                    @americanathreads
                    Joined:

                    @americanathreads I would recommend just wearing them. I also bought a one-washed pair and have about 5 days of yard work wear so far and they're breaking in nicely.
                    Did you go TTS?

                    Just Another Denim Fanatic

                    last edited by americanathreadsA rastaR 2 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 1
                    • americanathreadsA
                      americanathreads
                      Raw and Unwashed
                      @AskAxel
                      Joined:

                      @AskAxel Appreciate it! I went with my usual Samurai size of 34, I look for 34 inch waist measurements. Happy with the sizing.

                      last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                      • rastaR
                        rasta
                        Raw and Unwashed
                        @AskAxel
                        Joined:

                        @AskAxel said in Samurai Jeans:

                        @americanathreads I would recommend just wearing them. I also bought a one-washed pair and have about 5 days of yard work wear so far and they're breaking in nicely.
                        Did you go TTS?

                        Same experience with my pair of the one-wash. My pair had an abnormally tighter waist than it should have, but a couple of wears in and it's giving a little. Rest of the fit is on the baggier side, aside from the waist. I went 36 based on posted measurements, I usually wear a 35-35.5, these felt like they were around a 34.7. Looking forward to breaking them in.

                        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                        • rastaR
                          rasta
                          Raw and Unwashed
                          Joined:

                          Almost all Sammy today. Shirt, belt, jeans.

                          I am in love with the jeans, I love the shade, the slub the relaxed high rise fit and some nice little Samurai touches with the buttons and selvedge id.

                          IMG_0561.jpeg
                          IMG_0560.jpeg

                          last edited by AskAxelA 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 6
                          • M
                            macguffin
                            Raw and Unwashed
                            Joined:

                            Got a 710X19ozII in Samurais flagship store in Osaka.

                            IMG_7123.jpeg
                            IMG_7122.jpeg

                            last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 5
                            • AskAxelA
                              AskAxel
                              @rasta
                              Joined:

                              @rasta The texture and the colour look amazing! I couldn't afford to grab a pair of these with other recent purchases, so I'm keen to see how others fade them over time.

                              Just Another Denim Fanatic

                              last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                              • S
                                sabergirl
                                見習いボス
                                Joined:

                                Hey, @worn2fade I have a somewhat random request: can you measure the length of the fly on your new wide jeans? Not the front rise, the actual fly. The measurements on these are very similar to a pair of Polar big boy skate jeans that I love, but I think the rise may not actually be comparable because of the construction. Thanks in advance!

                                last edited by worn2fadeW 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                • worn2fadeW
                                  worn2fade
                                  Iron Heart Deity
                                  @sabergirl
                                  Joined:

                                  @sabergirl by fly do you mean top button to bottom button?

                                  IG: @Worn2Fade

                                  last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                  • AskAxelA
                                    AskAxel
                                    Joined:

                                    Sometimes brands will have a high rise but a short fly which means you can't really wear them as high-rise/high on the body because the fit become awful.

                                    Just Another Denim Fanatic

                                    last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                    • S
                                      sabergirl
                                      見習いボス
                                      Joined:

                                      @worn2fade pretty much just for the top button to the bottom of the fly where the jeans are sewn together. Like this pic of my 463 which have a fly less than 8” long.
                                      IMG_0772.jpeg

                                      last edited by worn2fadeW 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                                      • worn2fadeW
                                        worn2fade
                                        Iron Heart Deity
                                        @sabergirl
                                        Joined:

                                        @sabergirl sorry for late response!

                                        Looks like the measurement you’re requesting is right at 9.5”

                                        For reference as well, the front rise measures 13.25”

                                        Also keep in mind, when new, the rise was 13.5”, I hot soaked and washed for “shrinkage.”

                                        IMG_3554.jpeg

                                        IG: @Worn2Fade

                                        last edited by worn2fade 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                                        • worn2fadeW
                                          worn2fade
                                          Iron Heart Deity
                                          Joined:

                                          Does anyone have experience with samurai’s tropical weather fabric? I’m looking at the type iii jacket they made out of it but they also made shirts.

                                          Item# SJTKJ26-AT

                                          I’d love to get your opinion!

                                          IG: @Worn2Fade

                                          last edited by W 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                          • flannel slutF
                                            flannel slut
                                            Raw and Unwashed
                                            Joined:

                                            Ai Plus

                                            IMG_5994.jpeg

                                            last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Copyright Iron Heart 2025.