• Home
    • Recent
    • Calendar
    • Register
    • Login
    Iron Heart Forum
    Iron Heart Forum

    Iron Heart - Coveted - The Wall Street Journal

    IHSH-409-IB - 19oz Selvedge Denim CPO Shirt - Indigo/Black

    Shirting
    215
    2.5k
    843.3k
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • GeorgieLG
      GeorgieL
      @Pointman
      Joined:

      @Pointman ha! I just moved my office from 330 Madison to 90 Park (40th). Nice neighborhood but i like my sticks in CT.

      last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
      • D
        Dexterous6775
        Raw and Unwashed
        Joined:

        I heard back from support, they effectively and politely said If you're not happy, you can return it.

        Obviously, It's a very popular item, so I understand how they (IH UK) could take that approach. A little surprising for such a premium product, to be honest, but I think I'll live with it. Otherwise, it is a gorgeous shirt.

        Hopefully, we all can put this whole Pocket Gate topic to rest now. Future buyers beware. I'm tempted to bust out the seam ripper and align it myself, but... Risky, risky.

        IHSH-442-SAX, IHSH-409-IB, IHSH-62-IND, IHSH-208-IND, IH-777S-21, IHSH-416-BLK, IHSH-62-IND, IH-526J-142, IHSH-427-IND, IHSW-39, IH-814-IND...

        last edited by J 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
        • northsouthdenimguyN
          northsouthdenimguy
          啓蒙家
          Joined:

          What I find interesting about this whole thing is that IH basically gave the answer. They looked at it and said if you’re unhappy, return it. That tells me they don’t consider the pocket placement to be outside their acceptable construction tolerance.

          And honestly, on a 19 oz denim shirt, I think that matters. This isn’t lightweight shirting where everything is going to lie perfectly flat and measure like drafting paper. You’ve got heavy twill, multiple layers through the placket, seam tension, fabric torque, washing, pressing and the natural movement of the garment itself. A pocket can be correctly positioned relative to the body, side seam and armhole and still measure a little differently to the placket when the shirt is laid flat.

          Mine is roughly 3/8 inch different side to side. You can absolutely find it with a tape measure. Put the shirt on and you don’t see it at all.

          That’s kind of where I get lost with some of this stuff. If the only way to identify the problem is to lay the garment flat, measure it, photograph it and study it, while it has no effect on fit, wear or appearance when actually being worn, I’m not sure how significant the problem really is.

          And for the love of God, I would not take a seam ripper to a $400 shirt that you otherwise think is gorgeous. 😂

          @selveldgesteps

          last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 19
          • WithBongInHandW
            WithBongInHand
            Joined:

            First wear. High of 93 degrees. Let’s go!

            IMG_5186.jpeg

            last edited by northsouthdenimguyN JordJ 2 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 20
            • northsouthdenimguyN
              northsouthdenimguy
              啓蒙家
              @WithBongInHand
              Joined:

              @WithBongInHand

              I don’t even think I could do this with bong in hand…Seriously though I really love the dedication, I’m just not built for it
              Edit: 🥵 93° here today but feels like 103°

              @selveldgesteps

              last edited by northsouthdenimguy kojimastreetsK WithBongInHandW 2 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 5
              • kojimastreetsK
                kojimastreets
                Raw and Unwashed
                @northsouthdenimguy
                Joined:

                @northsouthdenimguy 😂

                IG: kojimastreets

                last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                • JordJ
                  Jord
                  Haraki san Expert
                  @WithBongInHand
                  Joined:

                  @WithBongInHand great fit

                  last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3
                  • WithBongInHandW
                    WithBongInHand
                    @northsouthdenimguy
                    Joined:

                    @northsouthdenimguy Oh dude I work in an office. I’m not that tough. 🤣

                    @Jord Thanks man! 🙏🏻

                    last edited by WithBongInHand 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3
                    • G
                      gneicher
                      Haraki san Student
                      @hugothecowboy
                      Joined:

                      @hugothecowboy
                      Agree. If you scroll up you can see the pic of mine. After doing a bit more research, I have accepted the difference from center-line. But my pockets themselves were not close to aligned at the top, which I would never be able to tolerate.

                      last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                      • IkeapartyI
                        Ikeaparty
                        Haraki san Expert
                        Joined:

                        Not sure about the pockets but I LOVE the fit of mine, I am not a guy who can layer because I run extremely hot so all my CPOs are shirt sized, now if only it was cool enough to wear it!

                        image.png

                        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 20
                        • WithBongInHandW
                          WithBongInHand
                          Joined:

                          Is it just me or does this fabric give UHR vibes? Like a 19 oz IB UHR.

                          last edited by northsouthdenimguyN 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                          • northsouthdenimguyN
                            northsouthdenimguy
                            啓蒙家
                            @WithBongInHand
                            Joined:

                            @WithBongInHand

                            Yeah, it kinda does. The denim feels very similar. Somebody might correct me on this, but it has that same kind of crispness and heaviness to it.

                            And not to beat a dead pocket, but I tried mine on again. When I take a picture in the mirror, the difference is definitely noticeable, but when I’m just standing there looking at myself in the mirror, it’s much less noticeable. It’s almost like some weird optical illusion.

                            @selveldgesteps

                            last edited by JordJ 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 4
                            • J
                              Jett129
                              見習いボス
                              @Dexterous6775
                              Joined:

                              @Dexterous6775 Not that IH needs me to defend them,but the shirt’s popularity has nothing to do with their willingness to take it back. They’ve pretty much had a No Quibble return policy from the beginning. It could be the all time worst selling shirt and they’d still take it back from you if you were unhappy.

                              last edited by D 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3
                              • D
                                drey2112
                                Joined:

                                Size large left @brooklynclothing if anyone is looking

                                last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                                • JordJ
                                  Jord
                                  Haraki san Expert
                                  @northsouthdenimguy
                                  Joined:

                                  @northsouthdenimguy it's like instagram vs. reality 😃

                                  last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                                  • CosmoSix5C
                                    CosmoSix5
                                    Haraki san Prodigy
                                    Joined:

                                    Played around with layering tonight while I was organizing the bedroom. So my 409 was sized purposely snug and wasn't expecting a ton of versatility. That said, it fit over the 297 Sashiko and a tee. Def snug but buttoned up without issue. 9oz work flannel was a different story but only due to it being oversized slightly. Fit great over a properly fitted Kersey. Here's the only photos I took. Over 297
                                    20260814_225719.jpg

                                    Insta: @chain_stitched
                                    John 1 1-3 ❤️♥️❤️♥️

                                    last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 6
                                    • D
                                      Dexterous6775
                                      Raw and Unwashed
                                      @Jett129
                                      Joined:

                                      @Jett129 It's all water under the bridge to me at this point. I pulled out the sewing machine and realigned the pocket to what is ideal for me.

                                      I was surprised something that far out of alignment would be within spec for such a premium product that's known for quality and detail.

                                      When it's something that sells out so quickly, it's just unsatisfying to a lucky customer that managed to snag one for the official reseller response to be: if you don't like it, return it.

                                      I know any differing opinion on forums can come off like Team A vs Team B, but this isn't that for me, just a minor inconvenience. It was a reminder that I should always be careful with any purchase sight unseen.

                                      This was a nice opportunity to "make it mine" anyway, and I frequently customize my gear when I get them in one way or another.

                                      Enjoy the day. It's just a shirt and a great looking one at that. Nothing to stress too much about.

                                      BTW, If the alignment bothers anyone else, you can take it to a tailor and they should be able to fix it for you pretty quickly. It's best to do it sooner than later before any fading starts.

                                      IMG_8385.jpg

                                      IHSH-442-SAX, IHSH-409-IB, IHSH-62-IND, IHSH-208-IND, IH-777S-21, IHSH-416-BLK, IHSH-62-IND, IH-526J-142, IHSH-427-IND, IHSW-39, IH-814-IND...

                                      last edited by Dexterous6775 Rustygate37R jmp777J kojimastreetsK 4 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 19
                                      • Rustygate37R
                                        Rustygate37
                                        The Unwoven
                                        @Dexterous6775
                                        Joined:

                                        @Dexterous6775 fuck yeah 😊

                                        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3
                                        • Rustygate37R
                                          Rustygate37
                                          The Unwoven
                                          @Dexterous6775
                                          Joined:

                                          @Dexterous6775 oh, you are the bloke who lined his 427 cpo. That looked pretty dope.
                                          I have the same one too (minus the lining of course)
                                          The strange thing is the dimensions of my 409 and my 427 are nearly identical and yet the 409 is a much tighter fit. I can wear a singlet, t-shirt and a sweater under my 427 but only a single piece under my 409 and definitely not a sweater.

                                          last edited by CosmoSix5C 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                                          • L
                                            leathergato
                                            Raw and Unwashed
                                            Joined:

                                            Long time lurker here that finally created an account. Have any of you that have already been wearing your shirt for a couple of days noticed the shirt stretching at all? I am trying to decide whether to keep my shirt or return it. It looks great but is very fitted and pretty tight in the shoulders. I should have bought one size up but was worried about the large shoulder measurement and longer sleeve length on the chart. Thanks.

                                            last edited by harleylawhornH 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Copyright Iron Heart 2025.