• Home
    • Recent
    • Calendar
    • Register
    • Login
    Iron Heart Forum
    Iron Heart Forum

    Iron Heart - Coveted - The Wall Street Journal

    IHSH-409-IB - 19oz Selvedge Denim CPO Shirt - Indigo/Black

    Shirting
    215
    2.5k
    843.2k
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • N
      Nobunaga
      Raw and Unwashed
      @hugothecowboy
      Joined:

      @hugothecowboy I bought a large and mine is like this too. I don't mind though. What I noticed after reading your post and looking at mine is that the shorter side is most likely the result of less fabric being used on that side of the shirt. If you measure from the side seam to the end of the placket and then do the same (at the same point in the shirt from the other side), the side with the pocket closer to the placket is shorter in length (in terms of the width). This is why there is a discrepancy in distance from the placket while the distance to the sleeve seem is about the same. So I think this might be a mistake on the pattern and how the fabric was cut. Not sure if all larges are like this since this is only a sample size of two.

      I know this explanation probably doesn't matter to you and if you are unhappy then you should return it. I thought I would just share my observations in case anyone else was confused about what is going on or why this is happening.

      last edited by Rustygate37R 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
      • northsouthdenimguyN
        northsouthdenimguy
        啓蒙家
        Joined:

        Couldn’t this also just be normal production tolerance being exaggerated by the 19 oz denim rather than an actual pattern mistake? If the pocket-to-side-seam measurements are basically the same, maybe one front panel ended up slightly narrower, but with fabric this thick and stiff, couldn’t small differences in cutting, sewing, placket construction, or how the panels relax account for that too?

        @selveldgesteps

        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
        • ChibsC
          Chibs
          The UnTucked
          @hugothecowboy
          Joined:

          @hugothecowboy this doesn't bug me. I sort of want it actually. haha what are the measurements?

          last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
          • Tago MagoT
            Tago Mago
            Mod Squad
            Joined:

            No selling in the product threads please

            last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3
            • ChibsC
              Chibs
              The UnTucked
              Joined:

              I was assuming he would be sending it back to IH first.

              If you look at their product shot, it's the same sort of deal with the pockets. It doesn't bug me because they have the same distance from the side seams.

              ded1d8ef-59bc-495b-95e9-a547a64b9352-image.png
              Whatever, I must remain strong and hold out for 21oz Untucked! 🙂

              last edited by Chibs 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 4
              • wjwW
                wjw
                Haraki san Expert
                Joined:

                There is talk of different spacing to the placket on other CPO threads too (forget which one went into detail), but I think it was because of what @Chibs said...same distance to side seam

                777S-21 |777SST | 634S-142ib-c | 634XHS | 634UHR | IHSH-293-OD | IHSH-130-GB | IHSH-337 | IHSH-422

                last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • caithangkhanhC
                  caithangkhanh
                  Raw and Unwashed
                  @Pointman
                  Joined:

                  @Pointman I had the same thought! I’ve got one with pearl snaps incoming tomorrow. I’ll post some photos once I receive it.

                  @ThatDudeVincent

                  last edited by PointmanP 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3
                  • PointmanP
                    Pointman
                    @caithangkhanh
                    Joined:

                    @caithangkhanh said in IHSH-409-IB - 19oz Selvedge Denim CPO Shirt - Indigo/Black:

                    @Pointman I had the same thought! I’ve got one with pearl snaps incoming tomorrow. I’ll post some photos once I receive it.

                    I ordered mine today and tempted to tell them to hold off on mailing it until we see your magic.

                    I own too many pairs of jeans.

                    last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • W
                      warriors22
                      Raw and Unwashed
                      Joined:

                      IMG_0892.jpeg
                      IMG_0895.jpeg
                      First time putting it on n it’s a little tight in the chest compared to my 292 but not to the point where it would bother me. Could only wear a tee n maybe a long sleeve. But love the color!

                      Ig: 5hunnit00

                      last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 12
                      • Rustygate37R
                        Rustygate37
                        The Unwoven
                        @Nobunaga
                        Joined:

                        @Nobunaga not just the Large, my XXL is the same

                        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                        • GeorgieLG
                          GeorgieL
                          Joined:

                          So i grabbed a Medium and it fit well but was just a bit snug around the upper chest. Would be fine by itself but really wouldnt be able to layer. The other day one of the members here, @oxenbenj sent me a message that he had a Large and saw my post in this thread that I was worried about my Medium being too small while it was in transit. Well he did the opposite so we decided to trade. Funny enough we are both in NYC so we met up yesterday and swapped. Great to meet fellow IH junkies! Here is a pic of me wearing the Large. Perfect fit now, especially if I decide to layer. Thanks again, Ben!
                          Screenshot_20260813_131620_Gallery.jpg

                          last edited by PointmanP 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 20
                          • PointmanP
                            Pointman
                            @GeorgieL
                            Joined:

                            @GeorgieL Kinda sad you didn't take a video of the two of you swapping CPOs like soccer players swapping jerseys after a game.

                            I own too many pairs of jeans.

                            last edited by FlavourFadeF oxenbenjO GeorgieLG 3 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 5
                            • FlavourFadeF
                              FlavourFade
                              Raw and Unwashed
                              @Pointman
                              Joined:

                              @Pointman ecactly what I was thinking haha

                              Insta: max_25oz

                              WTB:
                              -IHSH-397 XXL/XXXL
                              -526j / 526pj XXL/XXXL

                              last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                              • oxenbenjO
                                oxenbenj
                                Raw and Unwashed
                                @Pointman
                                Joined:

                                @Pointman hah missed opportunity for sure

                                @GeorgieL glad it worked out and we both have our proper fits!

                                last edited by GeorgieLG harleylawhornH 2 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 1
                                • GeorgieLG
                                  GeorgieL
                                  @Pointman
                                  Joined:

                                  @Pointman haha, i went back into my office and said the same thing. Shit, we should have at least taken a pic of the both of us wearing them after swapping. Park Ave Iron Heart Shirt exchange.

                                  last edited by PointmanP 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3
                                  • GeorgieLG
                                    GeorgieL
                                    @oxenbenj
                                    Joined:

                                    @oxenbenj Hell yeah! Nice meeting you and I'm glad that worked out for us!

                                    last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                                    • D
                                      Dexterous6775
                                      Raw and Unwashed
                                      @hugothecowboy
                                      Joined:

                                      @hugothecowboy I have the same issue with my L. I sort of feel the same way. I’m torn because otherwise the shirt is gorgeous. I don’t wanna send it back and have nothing but for the price I would want for it to be as good as my other Iron Heart gear. I contacted support so hopefully they’ll think of a good solution for everyone. It sounds like there’s a misaligned template somewhere in the production line.

                                      IHSH-442-SAX, IHSH-409-IB, IHSH-62-IND, IHSH-208-IND, IH-777S-21, IHSH-416-BLK, IHSH-62-IND, IH-526J-142, IHSH-427-IND, IHSW-39, IH-814-IND...

                                      last edited by Dexterous6775 northsouthdenimguyN 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3
                                      • CosmoSix5C
                                        CosmoSix5
                                        Haraki san Prodigy
                                        Joined:

                                        Following some posts on here and I agree the chest is snug but still measures where my more roomy shirts are at/around. 23.9" p2p. The shirts unique for sure. I'm very happy with the fit of mine. (2x) 3x would've been to big i believe.
                                        20260813_123622.jpg
                                        20260813_123743.jpg

                                        Insta: @chain_stitched
                                        John 1 1-3 ❤️♥️❤️♥️

                                        last edited by CosmoSix5 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 4
                                        • northsouthdenimguyN
                                          northsouthdenimguy
                                          啓蒙家
                                          @Dexterous6775
                                          Joined:

                                          @Dexterous6775

                                          Personally, I don’t believe there is anything wrong with the template. I think if there were actually an issue with it, somebody from IH probably would’ve responded already. Alex, Giles, somebody. Some or all of the shirts are just like this. I guarantee mine probably is, but I’m not going to look at it that way nor measure it. lol

                                          If you don’t like it, I’d just return it. I’m sure somebody else will snatch it up in a second. Somebody correct me if I’m wrong, and I’m obviously not speaking for IH, but I think it’s really just a function of a couple different things rather than anything actually being wrong with the shirt.

                                          @selveldgesteps

                                          last edited by JordJ 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 6
                                          • harleylawhornH
                                            harleylawhorn
                                            The Unwoven
                                            @oxenbenj
                                            Joined:

                                            @oxenbenj dude! Glad it worked out man! And even better he is from your neck of the woods

                                            The sun shines not on us but in us.
                                            J. Muir

                                            last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Copyright Iron Heart 2025.