• Home
    • Recent
    • Calendar
    • Register
    • Login
    Iron Heart Forum
    Iron Heart Forum

    Iron Heart - Coveted - The Wall Street Journal

    is Marrkt a reputable seller?

    General Chat
    22
    39
    4.3k
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • S
      sabergirl
      見習いボス
      Joined:

      Well, yes. That’s what I was referring to. I try to stay out of that stuff when it goes down, but I’m always watching 👀

      last edited by goosehdG 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
      • goosehdG
        goosehd
        Mod Squad
        @sabergirl
        Joined:

        @sabergirl I still love Adam313’s approach to it and kind of miss him for it… 🙂

        “our policy of no discussions regarding politics, religion, asparagus, and other controversial issues.” - Andrew

        last edited by goosehd 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • S
          sabergirl
          見習いボス
          Joined:

          Haha, yeah. Didn’t he sort of storm off in a huff because of a situation like this? I’m truthfully not sure what happened, but I definitely miss him around here.

          last edited by J 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • NikN
            Nik
            Raw and Unwashed
            Joined:

            Adam once made an offer on a pair of xhs I had for sale only to find out during the PayPal stage that he was paying a lot than he had thought. He was very cool about following through though and the interaction with him was great. Bet he’s put some amazing fades into that pair.

            last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • J
              Jett129
              見習いボス
              @sabergirl
              Joined:

              @sabergirl said in is Marrkt a reputable seller?:

              Haha, yeah. Didn’t he sort of storm off in a huff because of a situation like this? I’m truthfully not sure what happened, but I definitely miss him around here.

              Adam was my first ever Forum Friend way back ,and to this day I still communicate with him through Instagram. He seems to be doing well. Also not sure why he left the Forum after he was reinstated.

              last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
              • GilesG
                Giles
                IHUK Crew
                Joined:

                He got reinstated numerous times and always overstepped the mark, which is why he was either banned or banned himself. I think that he is probably a nice guy and I have a lot of his art in our house, but the effort he took to moderate was enormous, And frankly, life is too short.....

                "OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

                last edited by J 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • J
                  Jett129
                  見習いボス
                  @Giles
                  Joined:

                  @Giles I said to Bonnie,yesterday, that I feel that there should be a rule that if you make it to 70(My age) you should no longer be allowed to say “Life is short” You still got time!

                  last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                  • MattM
                    Matt
                    見習いボス
                    Joined:

                    Not to further derail this thread, but coincidentally I met him for lunch today. We had a nice time. Have some items related to our meet up that I’ll post in the appropriate threads.

                    last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3
                    • S
                      sabergirl
                      見習いボス
                      Joined:

                      That’s cool, Matt! I hope he’s doing well ❤️

                      last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3
                      • goosehdG
                        goosehd
                        Mod Squad
                        Joined:

                        I’m glad he’s doing well and you had a chance to meet up with him @Matt Also glad that you’re staying in touch with him via instagram @Jett129

                        “our policy of no discussions regarding politics, religion, asparagus, and other controversial issues.” - Andrew

                        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                        • OaktaviaO
                          Oaktavia
                          見習いボス
                          Joined:

                          I stay in touch with Adam too on Instagram. He always has a lot to say. I think he just wanted a break from here on the forum. He still reads through threads and refers to them on occasion.

                          IG: theindigowizard

                          "Possibly splitting hairs, but I consider @Oaktavia to be the beardy, dank High Magus of this denim game…" @neph93

                          ISO: IHJ-32 - XL/XXL

                          last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                          • BridgerB
                            Bridger
                            Raw and Unwashed
                            Joined:

                            Has anyone sold stuff through Marrkt? What was your experience? Did it take long to sell?

                            I have a truckload of stuff to sell and cannot get jazzed enough to list it myself.

                            last edited by goosehdG 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                            • goosehdG
                              goosehd
                              Mod Squad
                              @Bridger
                              Joined:

                              @Bridger We have a marketplace that you can sell your goods. You can always try there.

                              “our policy of no discussions regarding politics, religion, asparagus, and other controversial issues.” - Andrew

                              last edited by BridgerB 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                              • BridgerB
                                Bridger
                                Raw and Unwashed
                                @goosehd
                                Joined:

                                Thanks @goosehd.

                                I have listed a few things on here and never sold a thing and had hardy any bites. My sizes are 30 waist and hemmed jeans, XS jackets and S shirts - so I don't think this helps matters.

                                The effort to list so many things is also a motivational barrier for me.

                                last edited by goosehdG 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                • goosehdG
                                  goosehd
                                  Mod Squad
                                  @Bridger
                                  Joined:

                                  @Bridger I don't know what to tell you then. Maybe try Markkt and see if it works for you by doing a couple of test sales. Only you will be able to tell if their system is more amenable to what you want to accomplish.

                                  Somone else's previous experience may not meet your expectations only leading to disappointment.

                                  “our policy of no discussions regarding politics, religion, asparagus, and other controversial issues.” - Andrew

                                  last edited by BridgerB 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                                  • BridgerB
                                    Bridger
                                    Raw and Unwashed
                                    @goosehd
                                    Joined:

                                    That's good advice @goosehd, thanks!

                                    last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                    • BrianB
                                      Brian
                                      Joined:

                                      A fellow 30inch waister

                                      last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                      • N
                                        NickD
                                        The Unwoven
                                        Joined:

                                        Marrkt are reputable (as I recall they owner used to run the UK Real McCoys setup), but they will take a significant cut - about 40% I think. Personally I'd just list on eBay, but if your time is worth the 40% go ahead.

                                        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                                        • T4920T
                                          T4920
                                          見習いボス
                                          Joined:

                                          My only issue with marrkt is their extremely lapse measurements. I've bought IH there confidently as I can check forum threads for accurate sizing info, but with everything else I'm very reluctant to take the risk.

                                          “𝑁𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑙𝑒𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑓𝑢𝑡𝑢𝑟𝑒 𝑑𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑢𝑟𝑏 𝑦𝑜𝑢. 𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑚𝑒𝑒𝑡 𝑖𝑡, 𝑖𝑓 𝑦𝑜𝑢 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑡𝑜, 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑎𝑚𝑒 𝑤𝑒𝑎𝑝𝑜𝑛𝑠 𝑜𝑓 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑜𝑛 𝑤ℎ𝑖𝑐ℎ 𝑡𝑜𝑑𝑎𝑦 𝑎𝑟𝑚 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑔𝑎𝑖𝑛𝑠𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑝𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑒𝑛𝑡.”

                                          last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                                          • FelixKF
                                            FelixK
                                            Joined:

                                            I have put a few pieces from Drake's on there, and they all sold within the first two weeks. Like @NickD said, 40% is a hard pill to swallow, but if you're based in the UK and have loads of stuff, it might be worth the covenience

                                            last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                                            • goosehdG goosehd moved this topic from WESCO - West Coast Shoe Company on
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Copyright Iron Heart 2025.