• Home
    • Recent
    • Calendar
    • Register
    • Login
    Iron Heart Forum
    Iron Heart Forum

    Iron Heart - Coveted - The Wall Street Journal

    Tailoring

    The Resource Centre
    22
    47
    16.9k
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • CosmoSix5C
      CosmoSix5
      Haraki san Prodigy
      @68degreesorless
      Joined:

      @68degreesorless did you ever contact? Just curious how it went

      Insta: @chain_stitched
      John 1 1-3 ❤️♥️❤️♥️

      last edited by 68degreesorless6 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • 68degreesorless6
        68degreesorless
        Haraki san Student
        @CosmoSix5
        Joined:

        @CosmoSix5 nah not yet. Will do next time I need some tailoring tho. I moved up here from Atlanta a few years ago and haven’t found a tailor yet so glad to have the contact. Thanks again.

        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
        • indigo_fadesI
          indigo_fades
          Haraki san Student
          Joined:

          I had one of my Wabash shirts altered as a test (it's an older black wabash that is a size too large for me) and the results are less than optimal. No felled seams, jacket up gusset, they cut my chain stitch runoff, it's not symmetrical (which wouldn't matter if it wasn't a shirt with straight vertical lines at regular intervals, but it is). I'm going to try my hand at redoing the whole thing, but just in case, if anyone knows a good tailor that is good with IH feel free to let me know. I'd happily mail it to them already marked up for sizing if I'm not successful on my own. I'm just baffled that a "legitimate" shop would hand me back something this rough.
          20251003_181822.jpg
          20251003_181801.jpg

          Well worn denim & leather is a journal of life.

          last edited by goosehdG 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • goosehdG
            goosehd
            Mod Squad
            @indigo_fades
            Joined:

            @indigo_fades If you can get in, one of the best from what I’ve read and heard: https://www.indigoproof.com/

            “our policy of no discussions regarding politics, religion, asparagus, and other controversial issues.” - Andrew

            last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • chrisjohnnickC
              chrisjohnnick
              Iron Heart Deity
              Joined:

              I do tailoring and wardrobe for half of my professional career, and I just won't touch most of my IH stuff, save for hemming pants. The attention to detail is just so good and perfect from the factories. Most tailors out there (really good ones to mediocre ones to terrible ones) are used to mostly dealing with people that don't see the small finishing details that is such a selling point for IH. So with that, assume that they will think you won't notice their finishing. Most customers of theirs wouldn't even know what a felled seam is. I think it's more of just letting them know that you are more particular and want the finishes to match, rather than just taken in here or there. Be specific and let them know your expectations. And expect most of them to not have the ability to replicate the same exact finishes.

              "You're under no obligation to be the same person you were five minutes ago."

              last edited by chrisjohnnick 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3
              • northsouthdenimguyN
                northsouthdenimguy
                啓蒙家
                Joined:

                Not sure where to post this, although I’m sure goosehead or Giles will post the thread link 😜

                I really want shorten my sleeves on my 178. They are about an inch too long. I have ideas how to do it but just want to see if anybody has a good experience with doing that on a CPO or heavyweight shirt.

                Thank you in advance.

                @selveldgesteps

                last edited by goosehdG 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • goosehdG
                  goosehd
                  Mod Squad
                  @northsouthdenimguy
                  Joined:

                  @northsouthdenimguy @Mizmazzle did it with his leather type III. I believe the removed the cuff, shortened the sleeve, and reattached the cuff.

                  Here is the link where he starts the process: https://forum.ironheart.co.uk//post/798775

                  “our policy of no discussions regarding politics, religion, asparagus, and other controversial issues.” - Andrew

                  last edited by goosehd northsouthdenimguyN 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                  • MizmazzleM
                    Mizmazzle
                    見習いボス
                    Joined:

                    Yup. Cuff off, sleeve shortened, then cuff reattached. Turned out great. Made a jacket that was great into one that is perfection.

                    In the easy chair with my boots on, melted whiskey in my hand. Could'na been asleep for more than three hours...time to go to work again...

                    last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                    • northsouthdenimguyN
                      northsouthdenimguy
                      啓蒙家
                      @goosehd
                      Joined:

                      @goosehd @Mizmazzle thanks! 🤟🏻👊🏻

                      @selveldgesteps

                      last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                      • PointmanP
                        Pointman
                        Joined:

                        I have some Iron Heart shirts that are too big because I've lost some weight. (Humble brag.) Anyone ever have any of their button downs that are too big taken in? Like a full size down. I feel like I already know the correct answer is to rehome my shirts and buy some smaller ones but maybe?

                        I own too many pairs of jeans.

                        last edited by goosehdG 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                        • goosehdG
                          goosehd
                          Mod Squad
                          @Pointman
                          Joined:

                          @Pointman a good tailor can work miracles. No reason why you can’t or why you shouldn’t see what they can do.

                          “our policy of no discussions regarding politics, religion, asparagus, and other controversial issues.” - Andrew

                          last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                          • First post
                            Last post
                          Copyright Iron Heart 2025.