• Home
    • Recent
    • Calendar
    • Register
    • Login
    Iron Heart Forum
    Iron Heart Forum

    Iron Heart - Coveted - The Wall Street Journal

    WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY - WAYDT (PICS)

    General Chat
    563
    20.7k
    7.2m
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • PointmanP
      Pointman
      @goosehd
      Joined:

      @goosehd does your home currently smell like teargas?

      I own too many pairs of jeans.

      last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
      • GilesG
        Giles
        IHUK Crew
        Joined:

        He's not sure he is in his house.........

        "OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
        • goosehdG
          goosehd
          Mod Squad
          Joined:

          I have to use the gas grill outside for the ghost peppers. I did it one year inside and everybody coughed, eyes were irritated, and were pretty irritable for a couple of days. Now they all give me the side eye when it’s harvest, canning, and pickling time…😂

          “our policy of no discussions regarding politics, religion, asparagus, and other controversial issues.” - Andrew

          last edited by goosehd PointmanP MattM 2 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 6
          • PointmanP
            Pointman
            @goosehd
            Joined:

            @goosehd I once spent a day at a Parisian friend's apartment, making a hot sauce that we cooked before fermentation. (It was roasted red jalapeno with cognac if you're curious.) Yes, we tear gassed ourselves. We had opened all the windows in the apartment... In January... For hours... It didn't matter. His very French wife was extremely unhappy when she came home. I don't speak much French but I learned all the bad words that day. That was almost 20 years ago and she's still pissed at me.

            I still make hot sauce today. Just in better ventilation.

            I own too many pairs of jeans.

            last edited by Pointman goosehdG 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 4
            • goosehdG
              goosehd
              Mod Squad
              @Pointman
              Joined:

              @Pointman thank you for introducing me to red jalapeño with cognac…I’ve been reading since your post 🙂

              …and 😂. Great story!!

              “our policy of no discussions regarding politics, religion, asparagus, and other controversial issues.” - Andrew

              last edited by PointmanP 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
              • PointmanP
                Pointman
                @goosehd
                Joined:

                @goosehd the hot sauce turned out quite good. We called it "Surrender Monkey."

                I own too many pairs of jeans.

                last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                • MattM
                  Matt
                  見習いボス
                  @goosehd
                  Joined:

                  @goosehd said in WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY - WAYDT (PICS):

                  I have to use the gas grill outside for the ghost peppers. I did it one year inside and everybody coughed, eyes were irritated, and were pretty irritable for a couple of days. Now they all give me the side eye when it’s harvest, canning, and pickling time…😂

                  This is fucking hilarious.

                  last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                  • Denman JohnD
                    Denman John
                    Haraki san Prodigy
                    Joined:

                    IMG_0400.jpeg

                    IMG_0407.jpeg
                    Full woodshed 😊

                    last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 13
                    • Rustygate37R
                      Rustygate37
                      The Unwoven
                      Joined:

                      Bringing an old forgotten slab of Redgum back to life.
                      IMG_4109.jpeg
                      IMG_4124.jpeg
                      IMG_4126.jpeg

                      last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 13
                      • endoE
                        endo
                        見習いボス
                        Joined:

                        collage_export_48879CED-D13A-4009-A26F-55151401DBEC.JPG

                        I'm currently tearing down a few old sheds with the wonderful Mrs. E and building new ones.

                        si tacuisses

                        last edited by AetasA Denman JohnD ARNCA 3 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 13
                        • AetasA
                          Aetas
                          見習いボス
                          @endo
                          Joined:

                          @endo A neighborhood where you can leave your Stihl RT in an open shed, is a feel-good place 😉.

                          last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3
                          • endoE
                            endo
                            見習いボス
                            Joined:

                            the cottage is a safe spot, by all means

                            si tacuisses

                            last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                            • Denman JohnD
                              Denman John
                              Haraki san Prodigy
                              @endo
                              Joined:

                              @endo You two make hard work look good. I know there’s work the pictures don’t show 👍

                              last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                              • ARNCA
                                ARNC
                                見習いボス
                                @endo
                                Joined:

                                @endo not sure if Mrs E reads this. If she does you might be in trouble every time you mention her and forget to include “the wonderful” bit!

                                “His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.“

                                last edited by Denman JohnD 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                                • Denman JohnD
                                  Denman John
                                  Haraki san Prodigy
                                  @ARNC
                                  Joined:

                                  @ARNC And warranted as she is doing all the work while @endo stands around smoking a spliff 🤣

                                  last edited by GilesG 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 4
                                  • Rustygate37R
                                    Rustygate37
                                    The Unwoven
                                    Joined:

                                    First time using this particular oil and not loving it as much as others I have used.
                                    Still several coats and more sanding to go, so who knows.
                                    Should still make an ok outdoor bench to rest my coffee/ beer on though.

                                    IMG_4132.jpeg
                                    IMG_4136.jpeg
                                    IMG_4141.jpeg

                                    last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                                    • GilesG
                                      Giles
                                      IHUK Crew
                                      @Denman John
                                      Joined:

                                      @Denman-John said in WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY - WAYDT (PICS):

                                      she is doing all the work while @endo stands around smoking a spliff

                                      and wearing a great hat.....

                                      "OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

                                      last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3
                                      • First post
                                        Last post
                                      Copyright Iron Heart 2025.