• Home
    • Recent
    • Calendar
    • Register
    • Login
    Iron Heart Forum
    Iron Heart Forum

    Iron Heart - Coveted - The Wall Street Journal

    IH-666S-UHR - 21/23oz Ultra Heavy Raw Selvedge Denim Slim Straight Cut Jeans

    Bottoms
    88
    442
    76.4k
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • rastaR
      rasta
      Raw and Unwashed
      Joined:

      Giving my first pair of 666 a try in UHR. To be fair, these will probably get tried on and then parked for awhile, way too much in the heavy weight rotation that needs love. But I have been wanting to try a pair of 666 and didn't want to miss getting a pair of these in UHR especially with those measurements looking spot on for me.

      last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • jpvisualJ
        jpvisual
        Joined:

        For those who where both 666 and 888 cuts. Do you find the thigh & knee measurements carry over exactly the same or can you wear a smaller thigh size in 666 with a similar fit. Wondering how the lower rise affects the thigh fit.

        last edited by Denimhead 0D 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • Denimhead 0D
          Denimhead 0
          Iron Heart Deity
          @jpvisual
          Joined:

          @jpvisual I typically go 34 w 666 and 33 w the 888.

          IG - gratefuldenimhead (jeans and boots), Norseamerican (bicycles)

          last edited by jpvisualJ 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • jpvisualJ
            jpvisual
            @Denimhead 0
            Joined:

            @Denimhead-0 thanks! What about the thigh? How does the rise affect the thighs? I'm guessing the fit can feel different in the thighs because of the lower rise? Meaning can you fit a smaller thigh measurement in the 666 or do you try to match what you have in 888?

            last edited by goosehdG 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • goosehdG
              goosehd
              Mod Squad
              @jpvisual
              Joined:

              @jpvisual this link is to a visual representation of the different IH cuts. As you will see, each cut is overlaid over the other cuts so you can see the likes and differences.

              https://ironheart.co.uk/pages/cut-comparison

              I personally find the thighs a bit bigger on the 888’s than the 666’s.

              “our policy of no discussions regarding politics, religion, asparagus, and other controversial issues.” - Andrew

              last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 4
              • jpvisualJ
                jpvisual
                Joined:

                Hey what do you guys think of this fit? I picked a pair of 888 UHRs up and love them. Tried these out. It feels great. I'm surprised because I thought they would be too tight, but the thighs feel perfect. I definitely would not go a smaller size. The thighs would be way too small. The waist band is kind of floating on my waist, not snug but not excessively loose either. If I were in 888s I'd pass if the waist was like that but the top block and thighs seem slim enough that it seems ok. I'm familiar with uhr so I know this is how they'll end up.
                IMG_7594.jpeg
                IMG_7593.jpeg

                last edited by jpvisual 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 4
                • SKTS
                  SKT
                  見習いボス
                  Joined:

                  I’d be happy with that fit straight out of the bag

                  Rampant Hemmer
                  WTB: IHSH-308-IND large

                  last edited by jpvisualJ 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3
                  • jpvisualJ
                    jpvisual
                    @SKT
                    Joined:

                    @SKT thanks. The waist is a little big that I'd need a belt even before I wash them. The top block and thighs fit perfect though so kind of on the fence.

                    last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • SKTS
                      SKT
                      見習いボス
                      Joined:

                      If you lose an inch in the waist after the soak seems like they would be great. And they’ll only stretch back out if under strain. Depends on your preferences of course and how they feel now but I’d be a happy camper (especially with heavy stuff like UHR)

                      Rampant Hemmer
                      WTB: IHSH-308-IND large

                      last edited by jpvisualJ 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • jpvisualJ
                        jpvisual
                        @SKT
                        Joined:

                        @SKT thanks! I think you're right. I tried them on again. They are just a touch too loose in the waist, but they're not even close to falling off or anything. I think keeping a belt on will help with fully stretching back, but not a big deal. Thighs and top block look and feel perfect. I think I'm going with it.

                        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                        • rastaR
                          rasta
                          Raw and Unwashed
                          Joined:

                          First 666 test fit was a success. Packing these away for a rainy day. Silly question, but anything special to consider when storing these for awhile?

                          IMG_0586.jpeg

                          last edited by goosehdG 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                          • goosehdG
                            goosehd
                            Mod Squad
                            @rasta
                            Joined:

                            @rasta nope

                            “our policy of no discussions regarding politics, religion, asparagus, and other controversial issues.” - Andrew

                            last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                            • Denimhead 0D
                              Denimhead 0
                              Iron Heart Deity
                              Joined:

                              Took a afterwork ride in my 666 uhr
                              IMG_2357.jpeg

                              IG - gratefuldenimhead (jeans and boots), Norseamerican (bicycles)

                              last edited by T 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 7
                              • T
                                twin
                                見習いボス
                                @Denimhead 0
                                Joined:

                                @Denimhead-0 The fit is so right.

                                last edited by Denimhead 0D 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                                • Denimhead 0D
                                  Denimhead 0
                                  Iron Heart Deity
                                  @twin
                                  Joined:

                                  Thanks 🙏 @twin

                                  IG - gratefuldenimhead (jeans and boots), Norseamerican (bicycles)

                                  last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                  • S
                                    shelbington
                                    Raw and Unwashed
                                    Joined:

                                    So is Iron Heart just done making raw/loomstate/unwashed denim?

                                    last edited by goosehdG 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                    • goosehdG
                                      goosehd
                                      Mod Squad
                                      @shelbington
                                      Joined:

                                      @shelbington

                                      @Giles said in Ask Giles and/or Alex Anything:

                                      Kuroki makes the 21oz. We have 6 dedicated looms, but getting more (and we desperately need more) has been comprehensively buggered by Levis realising that Japanese denim is actually rather good, so they are monopolising the Kuroki looms, oh and by the way, offshoring to Turkey, Mexico etc etc a few decades ago meant that Cone went tits up, so they cant buy decent denim in the US now. The sense of irony can not be over emphasised, and it is really hurting us.

                                      The UHR was made in a mom and pop house factory, but the mom died earlier this year, so the future of UHR may be no future.

                                      Various other mills make the other denims, but I tend not to be that bothered where the stuff is made as long as Haraki likes it, that's good enough for me 🙂

                                      “our policy of no discussions regarding politics, religion, asparagus, and other controversial issues.” - Andrew

                                      last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                      • GilesG
                                        Giles
                                        IHUK Crew
                                        Joined:

                                        So, just because we can no longer make the 21/23oz UHR, does not mean that we won't make a truly raw denim again. But all the factories we are using at the moment are maxed out, and Haraki does not particularly like raw denim, because he cant control the finished product, so I would not hold your breath I am afraid.

                                        "OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

                                        last edited by N 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3
                                        • S
                                          shelbington
                                          Raw and Unwashed
                                          Joined:

                                          OK cool. Sorry to hear that but I really appreciate how quickly you all answered my question.

                                          last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                                          • jpvisualJ
                                            jpvisual
                                            Joined:

                                            Early days. Still evaluating if I like these more than my 888 UHRs. So far I'm really digging them.
                                            IMG_7787.jpeg

                                            last edited by W 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 4
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Copyright Iron Heart 2025.