Random questions to which you seek an answer
-
@Tago-Mago Great questions. Yes, I have tried the comparo tool and seem to land on the 634. The biggest driver in this quest is the leg, its taper (or lack thereof), and hem measurement.
As for color, no, it doesn't absolutely need to be black. It's merely a preference. As you'll probably see in the Show Us Your Boots thread, I have a raft of new pairs that will pair well with black or dark denim. Indigo is always an option, certainly. Overdyed is not a color I've yet experienced. It's certainly intriguing.
-
@Bobcat-Sig one cut that has only been available at Iron Heart Germany so far is the 684, a relaxed straight fit. This will be released in a few different denims in the future, including 14oz black/black.
Here are the measurements for the first model: IH-684S-16-GER.
You could also check the Hall of Fades to get an idea of how the different denims develop over time
-
@Tago-Mago said in Random questions to which you seek an answer:
@Bobcat-Sig one cut that has only been available at Iron Heart Germany so far is the 684, a relaxed straight fit. This will be released in a few different denims in the future, including 14oz black/black.
Here are the measurements for the first model: IH-684S-16-GER.
You could also check the Hall of Fades to get an idea of how the different denims develop over time
The 684 looks like an interesting cut. A little big in the legs, but exciting that there may be more coming! Thanks for suggesting those jeans.
I'll check the Hall of Fades for the OD results.
@goosehd said in Random questions to which you seek an answer:
I have been able to wear 666’s, 634’s, and 684’s with cowboy and engineer boots. However, those are the only jeans that I wear, so I don’t know if any others work

I know, helpful, not helpful…
LOL, all good. Confirmation that the 634 works well with cowoby boots helps. I know we have some here that sport western boots, but we seem to be heavily skewed towards work and heritage boots. The 666 is a cut I'd love to try, if only for the name, but my Viking legs just won't fit, nor will my backside.

-
@Bobcat-Sig I,comfortably,wear my 555s over western and engineer boots. I’m pretty sure that when Mike at Ship John designs his jeans,Wranglers are his inspiration. Might be worth looking into.
-
@sabergirl said in Random questions to which you seek an answer:
Vintage wrangler cowboy cut is closest to a 666. Those things are crazy skinny in the top block, especially the thigh. I think if you grabbed a pair and measured, you’d be surprised to see how close they are.
You aren't kidding! I think the issue is that the hem isn't big enough for what I seek. Still, I wrote off the 666, thinking it was too skinny for me. And reality, it's not. Which is great because this means I have another IH cut I could fit into. Great news! Now I need to try on a few pairs...
@Jett129 said in Random questions to which you seek an answer:
@Bobcat-Sig I,comfortably,wear my 555s over western and engineer boots. I’m pretty sure that when Mike at Ship John designs his jeans,Wranglers are his inspiration. Might be worth looking into.
Yes, I know this cut well. I have an early pair of Ship John Shavers - they feature a Ship John leather patch. I bought them early in my denim journey and didn't realize what they were. While I've continue to wear them, they are probably too skinny for my legs, and the top block is too restrictive. They've produced some sweet fades, which I'll share at some point. I also have a pair of Holcombs that feature the brass-tacked tag to the pocket. Those are much more accomodating, but no quite the same at the 13 MWZ. I like this pair of Ship John a great deal.
-
For what it’s worth…
For years before I ever started wearing IH denim, I always thought the 666 was super slim. I think a lot of that had to do with the product pics that I noticed typically featured thinner people.
I’ll try to keep this short, but I’ve had people more than once think I was wearing 634s when I was actually wearing 666’s. I think on certain body types, like myself at 6 feet tall, 220 pounds with a somewhat athletic build, they can look and fit completely different than you might expect. They certainly aren’t too slim for a bigger guy and fit over engineer boots just fine, which is pretty much all I wear. I have one pair of the 25oz XHS indigo in a size 36, but all my other 666s are a 38W.
-
Which is the proper way to measure my bracelet? I’ve always thought my bracelet was too big, I need to get it sized down a little bit.
Good Art only makes up to 19cm right now, mine measures almost 24cm full length. Am I measuring correctly in the first pic or the second?


