• Home
    • Recent
    • Calendar
    • Register
    • Login
    Iron Heart Forum
    Iron Heart Forum

    Iron Heart - Coveted - The Wall Street Journal

    Random questions to which you seek an answer

    The Resource Centre
    757
    19.1k
    7.7m
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • Tago MagoT
      Tago Mago
      Mod Squad
      Joined:

      anyone been to the British Museum to see the Bayeux Tapestry? @ARNC per chance?

      last edited by goosehdG ARNCA 2 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 1
      • goosehdG
        goosehd
        Mod Squad
        @Tago Mago
        Joined:

        @Tago-Mago great question. From what I’ve been reading it’s been a bit of a logistical nightmare to get into and visit, but would love to hear a first hand account!

        “our policy of no discussions regarding politics, religion, asparagus, and other controversial issues.” - Andrew

        last edited by goosehd Tago MagoT 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
        • Tago MagoT
          Tago Mago
          Mod Squad
          @goosehd
          Joined:

          @goosehd the tickets for Jan 01-Mar 31 go on sale Oct 21 as far as I am aware. We are thinking of flying over for a long weekend if we can get tickets

          last edited by goosehdG 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
          • goosehdG
            goosehd
            Mod Squad
            @Tago Mago
            Joined:

            @Tago-Mago best of luck and hope you get in to see it! I wouldn’t mind seeing it myself.

            “our policy of no discussions regarding politics, religion, asparagus, and other controversial issues.” - Andrew

            last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
            • ARNCA
              ARNC
              見習いボス
              @Tago Mago
              Joined:

              @Tago-Mago I haven’t and reports of the experience have put me off (although it should be better if/when you make it over). I also got to see one of the full-size photographic prints from 1873 when I saw the Tim Walker: Wonderful Things exhibition a few years ago (it was the inspiration behind his Soldiers of Tomorrow series) where there were no museum staff with cattle prods.

              “His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.“

              last edited by ARNC Tago MagoT 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3
              • Tago MagoT
                Tago Mago
                Mod Squad
                @ARNC
                Joined:

                @ARNC Thanks for your response. I've read some reports that have left me wondering if I want to submit myself to that particular experience. The hope, as you say, is that they have ironed out the kinks for the next two runs

                last edited by ARNCA 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                • ARNCA
                  ARNC
                  見習いボス
                  @Tago Mago
                  Joined:

                  @Tago-Mago apparently Mary Beard is on the case, so there’s hope!

                  “His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.“

                  last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                  • endoE
                    endo
                    見習いボス
                    Joined:

                    I don't know much about the exhibition in London, but I’ve seen the Bayeux Tapestry, and I thought it was amazing. It’s incredibly detailed and a fascinating experience. You walk along it like a sort of oversized medieval comic strip—plus there’s all the historical significance regarding the Normanization of Great Britain. I just thought it was fantastic.

                    si tacuisses

                    last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 4
                    • AetasA
                      Aetas
                      見習いボス
                      Joined:

                      Aetas said in the (new) endomobile:

                      @endo said in the (new) endomobile:

                      … where we saw the Bayeux Tapestry
                      IMG_2975.jpg

                      This Tapestry is mindblowing!
                      Walked once back and force and back again and couldn’t believe how much information you can knit into one piece!

                      Be aware @Tago-Mago , that there is an important difference in presentation between Bayeux and London.
                      IMG_7847.webp
                      Friends told me, that it is is a total difference experience to see it not hanging at a wall.

                      last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • MattM
                        Matt
                        見習いボス
                        Joined:

                        What are the chances we could convince IHJP to have their party in June… say June 8 - 13…

                        IMG_2938.jpeg

                        last edited by GraemeEG 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                        • GraemeEG
                          GraemeE
                          @Matt
                          Joined:

                          @Matt this came up as a topic on the text message thread with my buddies when they announced a few weeks back

                          last edited by GraemeE 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                          • MattM
                            Matt
                            見習いボス
                            Joined:

                            That would be some shit.

                            last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                            • First post
                              Last post
                            Copyright Iron Heart 2025.