• Home
    • Recent
    • Calendar
    • Register
    • Login
    Iron Heart Forum
    Iron Heart Forum

    Iron Heart - Coveted - The Wall Street Journal

    The Great Outdoors - Hiking and so on…

    Hobbies and Pastimes
    91
    713
    167.6k
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • endoE
      endo
      見習いボス
      Joined:

      I’m in southern Germany with Mrs. E for a small town festival (in Murrhardt). This morning, I took the time for a short tour through the surrounding woods. Very nice! I also came across some tower foundations from the Roman Limes.

      IMG_9307.JPG

      IMG_9302.jpg

      IMG_9303.jpg

      IMG_9296.jpg

      IMG_9295.jpg

      IMG_9310.PNG

      si tacuisses

      last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 7
      • jdwaidJ
        jdwaid
        Haraki san Prodigy
        Joined:

        End of summer weekend at Copper Falls State Park near Mellen WI.

        IMG_4980.jpegIMG_4969.jpeg
        IMG_5023.jpeg
        IMG_5020.jpeg

        IG: selvedgelooks

        last edited by jdwaid 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 10
        • endoE
          endo
          見習いボス
          Joined:

          Has anyone ever done the Cumbria Way? I'm thinking about it; I'll have a week free next year.

          si tacuisses

          last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • endoE
            endo
            見習いボス
            Joined:

            IMG_9661.jpeg

            IMG_9664.jpeg

            IMG_9669.jpeg

            nice little hike on Mallorca

            si tacuisses

            last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 9
            • Denman JohnD
              Denman John
              Haraki san Prodigy
              Joined:

              @endo Beautiful - thanks for sharing!

              last edited by Denman John 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
              • weftyarnW
                weftyarn
                啓蒙家
                Joined:

                One week in Zion full of beautiful hikes.

                The obvious - Angels Landing
                IMG_9194.jpeg

                The „Subway“ - Narrows feeling but with a permit and without the people.
                I absolutely loved it.

                IMG_9071.jpeg

                IMG_9047.jpeg

                Deertrap - my favorite of the week. I had the whole hike to myself, 0 people.

                IMG_9151.jpeg

                IMG_9161.jpeg

                IMG_9207.png

                And many more smaller ones including Emerald Pools, Sand Bench Loop, Many Pools, Petroglyphs, Overlook, …

                I love this park and I love that you can still do it without the crowds, if wanted, despite the millions of people going here every year.

                Use it or lose it.

                last edited by Denimhead 0D 68degreesorless6 phoenixinflightP 3 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 14
                • Denimhead 0D
                  Denimhead 0
                  Iron Heart Deity
                  @weftyarn
                  Joined:

                  @weftyarn Insane 🙌🔥

                  IG - gratefuldenimhead (jeans and boots), Norseamerican (bicycles)

                  last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                  • 68degreesorless6
                    68degreesorless
                    Haraki san Student
                    @weftyarn
                    Joined:

                    @weftyarn amazing

                    last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                    • phoenixinflightP
                      phoenixinflight
                      Raw and Unwashed
                      @weftyarn
                      Joined:

                      @weftyarn absolutely stunning! Gotta make it out there one day

                      last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                      • endoE
                        endo
                        見習いボス
                        Joined:

                        A lovely Sunday walk with Mrs. E. We first visited Schleswig Cathedral—which dates back to the 12th century—and then walked back to the cottage along the Schlei and through meadows and woods, enjoying an atmosphere that felt more like late summer than autumn.

                        IMG_9925.jpg

                        IMG_9922.jpg

                        The Brüggemann-Altar from ~1520

                        IMG_9926.jpg

                        IMG_9928.jpg

                        IMG_9929.jpg

                        IMG_9930.jpg

                        This hunting stone near Missunde marks the royal territory of Danish King Christian VII. Erected around 1791, it served to secure the Crown's hunting rights and prevent poaching.

                        Bildschirmfoto 2026-10-04 um 16.59.38.png

                        si tacuisses

                        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 7
                        • T
                          twin
                          見習いボス
                          Joined:

                          First time here.

                          IMG_9652.JPG
                          IMG_9608.JPG
                          IMG_9613.JPG
                          IMG_9630.JPG
                          IMG_9632.JPG
                          IMG_9639.JPG

                          last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                          • First post
                            Last post
                          Copyright Iron Heart 2025.