• Home
    • Recent
    • Calendar
    • Register
    • Login
    Iron Heart Forum
    Iron Heart Forum

    Iron Heart - Coveted - The Wall Street Journal

    Iron Chef WAYCT - What Are You Cooking Today

    Hobbies and Pastimes
    243
    4.9k
    1.6m
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • GilesG
      Giles
      IHUK Crew
      Joined:

      Half way through making the jam, I went to the shed to fetch the jam jars, to clean and sterilise, which I 100% knew were in there. Of course they weren't. Let's see whether leaving the syrupy jam a couple of days before putting into jars works or not......

      "OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

      last edited by goosehdG 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
      • goosehdG
        goosehd
        Mod Squad
        @Giles
        Joined:

        @Giles oof. 1) what happened to the jars? 🤣 2) best of luck and do you think you will need to bring them up to full temp again for canning in a few days? Double boil (jars and jam in hot water to disinfect)?

        “our policy of no discussions regarding politics, religion, asparagus, and other controversial issues.” - Andrew

        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • GilesG
          Giles
          IHUK Crew
          Joined:
          1. I must have used them, but totally forgot
          2. The jam is way off setting point, so I think I can just reheat, get to setting point and then fill the jars. I always wash my jars in hottest water poss, then put into a v hot oven to dry/sterilise.....

          "OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

          last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
          • ChapC
            Chap
            見習いボス
            Joined:

            Mother Butter Chicken

            IMG_0544.jpeg

            God has blessed you richly, so get down on your knees and thank him. Don’t forget the less fortunate or God will personally kick your ass. I’d love to do it for him, but I can’t be everywhere. Willie Nelson

            last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 4
            • ChapC
              Chap
              見習いボス
              Joined:

              The Big Buck. Roe deer tenderloin

              IMG_0546.jpeg IMG_0547.jpeg

              God has blessed you richly, so get down on your knees and thank him. Don’t forget the less fortunate or God will personally kick your ass. I’d love to do it for him, but I can’t be everywhere. Willie Nelson

              last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 7
              • ChapC
                Chap
                見習いボス
                Joined:

                Plum jam in the making

                IMG_0548.jpeg

                God has blessed you richly, so get down on your knees and thank him. Don’t forget the less fortunate or God will personally kick your ass. I’d love to do it for him, but I can’t be everywhere. Willie Nelson

                last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 5
                • BrianB
                  Brian
                  Joined:

                  Scotch pies

                  IMG_9947.jpeg

                  And 1 lid decided to go off centre

                  last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3
                  • GilesG
                    Giles
                    IHUK Crew
                    Joined:

                    I was looking for rope in the shed today, and found the jam jars. FFS 🙂

                    So finished the Damson jam.....

                    IMG_0439.JPG

                    "OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

                    last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 8
                    • GilesG
                      Giles
                      IHUK Crew
                      Joined:

                      Not cooking, just getting ready for the freezer......

                      Whole Uruguayan Sirloin being prepped for sous viding.....

                      IMG_0469.JPG

                      IMG_0470.jpg

                      "OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

                      last edited by AdamJA northsouthdenimguyN 2 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 7
                      • AdamJA
                        AdamJ
                        IHUK Crew
                        @Giles
                        Joined:

                        @Giles remind me when the dinner party is again?

                        The devil is in the detail..

                        last edited by AdamCA 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                        • GilesG
                          Giles
                          IHUK Crew
                          Joined:

                          🙂

                          Not planned..........Just getting ready.....

                          "OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

                          last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                          • AdamCA
                            AdamC
                            IHUK Crew
                            @AdamJ
                            Joined:

                            @AdamJ @Giles watching with interest!

                            last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                            • northsouthdenimguyN
                              northsouthdenimguy
                              啓蒙家
                              @Giles
                              Joined:

                              @Giles

                              Damn, that looks good.

                              Also, thanks for sending me down the rabbit hole of buying Uruguayan beef online 😉

                              @selveldgesteps

                              last edited by GilesG 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                              • GilesG
                                Giles
                                IHUK Crew
                                @northsouthdenimguy
                                Joined:

                                @northsouthdenimguy said in Iron Chef WAYCT - What Are You Cooking Today:

                                @Giles

                                Also, thanks for sending me down the rabbit hole of buying Uruguayan beef online 😉

                                My pleasure...... 🙂

                                "OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

                                last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                                • First post
                                  Last post
                                Copyright Iron Heart 2025.