• Home
    • Recent
    • Calendar
    • Register
    • Login
    Iron Heart Forum
    Iron Heart Forum

    Iron Heart - Coveted - The Wall Street Journal

    Our Cars (dream or actual)

    General Chat
    269
    2.8k
    1.0m
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • GilesG
      Giles
      IHUK Crew
      Joined:

      Ordered from Japan. Now just a 5 month wait 🙂

      4WD, Hi/Lo, Manual. Will add 2DIN Apple carplay device into supplied 2DIN hole when it gets here.....

      image.png

      image.png

      image.png
      image.png

      "OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

      last edited by WhiskeySandwichW todyT 2 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 13
      • WhiskeySandwichW
        WhiskeySandwich
        見習いボス
        @Giles
        Joined:

        @Giles Thats super cool. I've been seeing a bunch of these japanese right hand drive micro-trucks popping up around the area under our 25 year exemption import rule. I was behind one last weekend in a drive-thru and it really confused the staff there.

        "The whole future lies in uncertainty: Live immediately."
        -Seneca

        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • GilesG
          Giles
          IHUK Crew
          Joined:

          Yeah, she's going to be a lot of fun. May lift her a few inches and get bigger wheels. Can be turbocharged, but not sure I will need to.....

          "OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

          last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3
          • Clint_DC
            Clint_D
            啓蒙家
            Joined:

            Recently added a Panamera 4S to the fleet! Only one previous owner with all the goodies: PDCC, Sport Chrono Plus, Burmester, Sport Exhaust, Full Leather, etc.

            IMG_3339.JPG

            ATX IH Hoarder

            last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 9
            • todyT
              tody
              啓蒙家
              @Giles
              Joined:

              @Giles that is what is referred to as a kei truck, right?

              last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • GilesG
                Giles
                IHUK Crew
                Joined:

                Yep, it is a Kei. In this case a Daihatsu Hijet Jumbo Extra.... 🙂

                "OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

                last edited by Giles 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • WhiskeySandwichW
                  WhiskeySandwich
                  見習いボス
                  Joined:

                  I saw a kei Honda Beat from the 90s parked next to my tundra and thought it’d fit nicely in the short bed….if only I had some ramps

                  "The whole future lies in uncertainty: Live immediately."
                  -Seneca

                  last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                  • GraemeG
                    Graeme
                    啓蒙家
                    Joined:

                    The AMG version of the Mercedes CLA EV sounds like it's going to be suitably bonkers.

                    last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                    • northsouthdenimguyN
                      northsouthdenimguy
                      啓蒙家
                      Joined:

                      More of a nightmare, although it is a Singer.

                      https://www.prestigeonline.com/sg/lifestyle/motoring/louis-vuitton-singer-porsche-911-collaboration/

                      @selveldgesteps

                      last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • S
                        shp.7777
                        Raw and Unwashed
                        Joined:
                        This post is deleted!
                        last edited by shp.7777 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                        • ChadwickBeltsC
                          ChadwickBelts
                          Raw and Unwashed
                          Joined:

                          IMG_6272.jpeg

                          My bit of fun! A Caterham 620. Running 355bhp, weighs 600kg, 0-60 in 2.7seconds. But to be honest it’s all about the cornering speed!

                          last edited by BrianB 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 6
                          • BrianB
                            Brian
                            @ChadwickBelts
                            Joined:

                            @ChadwickBelts 1.8 Toyota engine?

                            last edited by ChadwickBeltsC 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                            • ChadwickBeltsC
                              ChadwickBelts
                              Raw and Unwashed
                              @Brian
                              Joined:

                              @Brian no it’s a 2.0 Ford duratec with uprated internals and also supercharged

                              last edited by ChadwickBelts BrianB 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                              • BrianB
                                Brian
                                @ChadwickBelts
                                Joined:

                                @ChadwickBelts very nice
                                Have a friend who had one years ago with the vvti Toyota block and was plenty fast enough

                                last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                                • AdamJA
                                  AdamJ
                                  IHUK Crew
                                  Joined:

                                  Visited [Duke of London] to scope out for a potential shoot location. Unsurprisingly, they have some lovely motors. Part collection, part holding for customers who they sell them for

                                  IMG_0220.JPG

                                  IMG_0225.JPG

                                  The devil is in the detail..

                                  last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 12
                                  • motojoboboM
                                    motojobobo
                                    啓蒙家
                                    Joined:

                                    Spotted this Jeep truck parked in town this morning. Sparked memories of this town from 50 years ago!

                                    IMG_7242.jpeg
                                    IMG_7243.jpeg
                                    IMG_7245.jpeg

                                    The journey is the objective.

                                    last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 8
                                    • motojoboboM
                                      motojobobo
                                      啓蒙家
                                      Joined:

                                      At this weekend’s WRC stage in Encarnacion, Paraguay.
                                      Spotted this Dodge Power Wagon while groceryshopping at the supermarket.
                                      Not fully original but looks pretty enough to share.

                                      IMG_7272.jpeg

                                      The journey is the objective.

                                      last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 11
                                      • BridgerB
                                        Bridger
                                        Raw and Unwashed
                                        Joined:

                                        DSC_1216.JPG
                                        DSC_1215.JPG
                                        DSC_1213.JPG

                                        last edited by GraemeG 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3
                                        • Tago MagoT
                                          Tago Mago
                                          Mod Squad
                                          Joined:

                                          No offense (well maybe a little) but Porsche, especially the more ostentatious/obnoxious versions, just screams midlife crisis. Possibly a post for unpopular opinions

                                          last edited by Tago Mago BridgerB WhiskeySandwichW 2 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 2
                                          • northsouthdenimguyN
                                            northsouthdenimguy
                                            啓蒙家
                                            Joined:

                                            I don’t necessarily disagree. I’ve had a handful of Porsches, some when I was younger and then a couple more when I got separated/divorced in my 40s, so I’m probably not helping the stereotype 😂. But I’ve always been a Porsche guy. My dad had one when I was growing up, along with some other sports cars, and I used to read Road & Track cover to cover every time it showed up in the mail back in the ’80s.

                                            But to your point, I think you can say that about pretty much all of them. Corvette, Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, whatever. You see some guy in his 40s, 50s or 60s in a loud sports car, especially a convertible, and “midlife crisis” is probably the first joke somebody makes. Sometimes the guy just finally has the money to buy the car he wanted when he was 16.

                                            Edit: i’m not a fan of giant wings or spoilers. Although, you can’t beat a whale tail on a 930

                                            @selveldgesteps

                                            last edited by northsouthdenimguy N 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 6
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Copyright Iron Heart 2025.