• Home
    • Recent
    • Calendar
    • Register
    • Login
    Iron Heart Forum
    Iron Heart Forum

    Iron Heart - Coveted - The Wall Street Journal

    Watches - another OCD problem

    Accessories
    369
    8.3k
    3.9m
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • mclaincauseyM
      mclaincausey
      見習いボス
      Joined:

      …unless it gets whacked all the way around. Some of them (e.g. 50 Fathoms) are so loud you'd hopefully hear it.

      Think it, be it.

      last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • seawolfS
        seawolf
        Joined:

        I love this watch so much. I love looking at it. I love listening to the beautiful sound it makes. I love the weight. I love the display back. I love winding it every morning.

        “Good design is actually a lot harder to notice than poor design, in part because good designs fit our needs so well that the design is invisible” - Don Norman

        @zeebeedesign

        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • S
          sabergirl
          見習いボス
          Joined:

          And it's got a nice strap, to boot!  😉

          last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • mclaincauseyM
            mclaincausey
            見習いボス
            Joined:

            Yes it does. Nice watch!

            I am really wanting a type B flieger and one of those would look great on it.

            Think it, be it.

            last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • mclaincauseyM
              mclaincausey
              見習いボス
              Joined:

              @Graeme:

              I saw an Omega Planet Ocean Big Blue yesterday. It's got a ceramic case, which is good, and a helium escape valve, which isn't.

              Hehe. Well lookee here.

              https://monochrome-watches.com/seiko-prospex-dawn-grey-europe-only-limited-editions-turtle-srpd01k1-samurai-srpd03k1/

              No comparison between the Omega and these, but interesting affordable option.

              Think it, be it.

              last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • JDelageJ
                JDelage
                啓蒙家
                Joined:

                Nice color scheme.

                last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • GraemeG
                  Graeme
                  啓蒙家
                  Joined:

                  I've been watch shopping over the last few weeks, and seen a pile of things that I quite like. Some of which I can even afford. 😉

                  First up is the full metal G-Shock. The second generation has the display flipped, so it's a black LCD. This is the all-black model, which I liked. It feels solid, and would probably hold up in comparison to some more expensive Swiss pieces. Some of the reviews said that they're heavy, but I didn't find it too bad.

                  The Girard Perregaux Laureato Skeleton in black ceramic. It's nice, but I'm not sure if I'd spend $55K (Australian) on something like this. I'd probably save myself a chunk of change, and get the Jaquet Droz Skelet-One instead.

                  The non-ceramic version is half the price.

                  The Montblanc Rally Timer is a big hunk of titanium, with a lovely Minerva monopusher inside. It's the same price as the GP skeleton, though a lot less practical.

                  The Oris Big Crown is lovely, and I'm surprised that @Anesthetist hasn't got one already. (It's more his size than the Montblanc!) The case is a dark bronze, so will patinate, but the strap seems sized more for women's wrists, and I couldn't buckle it.

                  Another bronze Oris, the Carl Brashear Chronograph. It's a limited edition, and a rather nice piece.

                  The Omega Railmaster with the blue dial has been in the shops for a few weeks, but up until not I've only seen it on the bracelet. Here it is on the denim strap.

                  last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • ChapC
                    Chap
                    見習いボス
                    Joined:

                    GMT Master ll with green hand matching IHSH-181-GRN

                    “Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart.”
                    — Winnie The Pooh

                    last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • DougNgD
                      DougNg
                      Joined:

                      The all metal G-Shock is heavy *for a G-Shock

                      Even my stupidly oversized GWG-100 feels light compared to a steel watch

                      Casio just released a resin and composite bracelet version with the same module. Pretty cool

                      https://www.g-central.com/g-shock-gwb5600bc-1b-solar-radio-bluetooth-with-composite-band-for-north-america/

                      I know violence is not the answer, I got it wrong on purpose

                      last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • louisboscoL
                        louisbosco
                        啓蒙家
                        Joined:

                        @Chap:

                        GMT Master ll with green hand matching IHSH-181-GRN

                        i'm so pissed with mine. stopped moving, and wouldn't move even if you keep winding it, all right after a service to fixed that issue. sent it back to rolex for a second time now, hopefully to get it sorted once and for all..

                        "Loyalty is a two way street. If i'm asking for it from you, then you're getting it from me."

                        • Harvey Specter
                        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                        • S
                          Sage954
                          Iron Heart Deity
                          Joined:

                          @louisbosco
                          I hope they get it sorted. I have used Michael Young a few times for repairs and service and have been very pleased with the work.

                          http://www.classicwatchrepair.com/

                          last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                          • ChrisC
                            Chris
                            Raw and Unwashed
                            Joined:

                            @Graeme:

                            The Montblanc Rally Timer is a big hunk of titanium, with a lovely Minerva monopusher inside. It's the same price as the GP skeleton, though a lot less practical.

                            Maybe not practical, but damn, is it good looking.

                            And the denim strap on the Omega is, well, not good looking…

                            last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                            • Finn666F
                              Finn666
                              Joined:

                              @Chap best one in the game! 😎
                              still lusting after one…

                              @Chap:

                              GMT Master ll with green hand matching IHSH-181-GRN

                              last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                              • DougNgD
                                DougNg
                                Joined:

                                Really digging this one

                                I know violence is not the answer, I got it wrong on purpose

                                last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                • mclaincauseyM
                                  mclaincausey
                                  見習いボス
                                  Joined:

                                  Lovely from Tudor. By no means attempting to be or resemble a tool watch. Though I do love GMT, Pelagos (I could get over the novel written on its dial and the HEV) and to a lesser extent Black Bay.

                                  https://www.tudorwatch.com/watches/glamour-double-date/m57100-0001

                                  Think it, be it.

                                  last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                  • G
                                    goodrain
                                    Raw and Unwashed
                                    Joined:

                                    That's CLEAN

                                    last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                    • GraemeG
                                      Graeme
                                      啓蒙家
                                      Joined:

                                      I saw that Tudor yesterday, and it's a lovely looking piece. I think that it's a good candidate for an only watch, though it's probably a bit less casual than a Black Bay.

                                      Bear in mind that it's a 42 mm case, so will be fairly large. The limited edition Omega Seamaster anniversary models have a similar style and smaller diameter, but are more expensive and possibly sold out.

                                      last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                      • AnesthetistA
                                        Anesthetist
                                        見習いボス
                                        Joined:

                                        Finally got a new battery in this guy and have been wearing it non-stop. Def on par with the Grand Seikos I’ve owned.

                                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                                        IG: bluehandsslim

                                        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                        • AnesthetistA
                                          Anesthetist
                                          見習いボス
                                          Joined:

                                          Not for everyone…
                                          Swatch x Damien Hirst x Mickey Mouse


                                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                                          IG: bluehandsslim

                                          last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                          • den1mheadD
                                            den1mhead
                                            Raw and Unwashed
                                            Joined:

                                            Bell & Ross with IHSH-180

                                            Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

                                            last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Copyright Iron Heart 2025.