• Home
    • Recent
    • Calendar
    • Register
    • Login
    Iron Heart Forum
    Iron Heart Forum

    Iron Heart - Coveted - The Wall Street Journal

    IH-301S

    Bottoms
    173
    1.0k
    456.7k
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • B
      Barfeyman362
      Raw and Unwashed
      Joined:

      is there going to be a re run of these sent to selfedge any time soon? Thanks!

      last edited by hagerman8H 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • hagerman8H
        hagerman8
        Raw and Unwashed
        @Barfeyman362
        Joined:

        @Barfeyman362 I second this! Even if I already know the answer is no 😞

        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • GilesG
          Giles
          IHUK Crew
          Joined:

          No

          "OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

          last edited by nurunuruN 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
          • nurunuruN
            nurunuru
            @Giles
            Joined:

            @Giles said in IH-301S:

            No

            Say what you will about Giles... He knows how to cushion a blow.

            last edited by jmp777J 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
            • jmp777J
              jmp777
              Raw and Unwashed
              @nurunuru
              Joined:

              @nurunuru 😂

              "If you can imagine it, you can create it" - William Author Ward

              last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • GilesG
                Giles
                IHUK Crew
                Joined:

                There is along and involved story going back 2 decades, and I could talk about it for ages, but the answer would still be no......

                (Unless Kiya asks us to do it again, and we agree, then I'll look like a complete twat, but I am comfortable with that.....)

                "OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

                last edited by Giles Tago MagoT 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                • Tago MagoT
                  Tago Mago
                  Mod Squad
                  @Giles
                  Joined:

                  @Giles said in IH-301S:

                  then I'll look like a complete twat, but I am comfortable with that

                  one of your many endearing qualities

                  last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                  • GilesG
                    Giles
                    IHUK Crew
                    Joined:

                    It's a learned life skill 🙂

                    "OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

                    last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                    • R
                      RLG212
                      Raw and Unwashed
                      Joined:

                      Hi everyone,

                      I have a pair of 301S-14 that are probably my favorite pair of Iron Hearts that I have, albeit they are probably close to 15 years old 😃

                      What current cut would most closely resemble these?

                      Thanks!

                      last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • GilesG
                        Giles
                        IHUK Crew
                        Joined:

                        They are a bit of a 555 and a bit of a 777.......

                        "OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

                        last edited by R 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                        • R
                          RLG212
                          Raw and Unwashed
                          @Giles
                          Joined:

                          @Giles copy. Thank you!

                          last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                          • Daniel SanD
                            Daniel San
                            見習いボス
                            Joined:

                            love this cut , lucky to have one of these .
                            many years old and lots of washes , awesome fades .
                            @Giles is the 21oz denim a little different to the
                            21oz we have nowadays? It feels more rough than my other 21oz. Maybe comparable with UHR ?

                            06E6B815-AC94-4177-862C-DB261F0D553C.jpeg

                            last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                            • GilesG
                              Giles
                              IHUK Crew
                              Joined:

                              As "exactly" the same as it almost always has been. I say "exactly", because we are using organic stuff that grows differently from season to season and area to area. Also, the weaving is done on ancient looms that need a lot of maintenance and TLC, so it is extremely unlikely that a denim woven one week will be exactly the same as a the same denim woven another week, or the same denim woven on two adjacent looms. Also, the atmospheric conditions in the mill can change, and this will cause the denim that is woven to change too.

                              When we cut out the pieces for a pair of jeans, we have to cut them from the same general area of the roll, if we do not, the human eye can see differences in the colour/texture of the denim. And that's in a 50 meter roll........

                              But the recipe has only changed twice in the 21 years I have been working with Haraki. Soon after we met, he changed the weft from bright white to off white because he felt that was more vintagey and would appeal more to my customer base, and at some point, maybe 18 years ago, he change the cotton from Zimbabwe to American grown, because he did not like the colour cast that the Zimbabwean cotton was giving to the indigo. It is possible that if your 301's are from one of the very early batches, you have a Zimbabwean cotton

                              "OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

                              last edited by Giles Daniel SanD 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3
                              • Daniel SanD
                                Daniel San
                                見習いボス
                                @Giles
                                Joined:

                                @Giles
                                thanks for the explanation G 😃

                                last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                                • First post
                                  Last post
                                Copyright Iron Heart 2025.