@Giles said in IRON HEART WAYWT - 2026 EDITION:
How did you get that bokeh?
Great question!
Also super interested in this info @Cole .
@Giles said in IRON HEART WAYWT - 2026 EDITION:
How did you get that bokeh?
Great question!
Also super interested in this info @Cole .
@goosehd the power issues are with my Guzzi V85TT. All to do with me tinkering with air/fuel ratios at different gears and rpms. That is all well now.
@Zim what is the color and fabric material on item # 2?
@goosehd you may be remembering the accident I had on the DR about 5 years ago?
Mechanically she’s been, characteristically, dead reliable. Lately had minor niggles caused by the terrible quality gas sold in Bolivia: clogged carburator needles, valve seating probs with combustion residue, and the like.
As behooves the DR reputation, she’ll handily outlive the owner.
Today we did a very short ride. 76 km between Humahuaca and Iruya, where the first 26 km were on a paved road. The following 50 km were ln gravel road bit the last 20 odd km were extremely windy tight curves and dropped from 3600 mts to 2600 mts.

A particularly colorful rocky formation next to the road


I was amazed at this short tunnel. No structural support whatsoever. And this isn’t solid rock. You can see it is an aggregation of soil and pieces of rock. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a tunnel like this before



We spent the afternoon in Iruya sipping wine and watching condors ride the thermals way above us. Not much for photography.
I thoroughly enjoyed this Arturo Fuentes Gran Reserva this afternoon in Iruya, Salta, Argentina.
Guess I favor smooth cigars.



Another mountainside blessed with curvy dirt roads and great scenery.

Rock corrals at 4500 mts. Beyond securing livestock they also serve as wind shelter on cold nights.

Curvy stuff!

Today’s route

My DR gracing Hornocal, probably the top scenery we’ll see during this trip. Hornocal is similar to another curious geological formation I’ve shared on previous trips but this one is way more colorful and interesting.


Today was probably our highest altitude day, ranging between 3600 and 4750 mts. Not much distance covered, less than 100 km. Going was slow, curvy, rocky and dusty. But the biggest factor slowing us down was scenery.

First valley we crossed this morning.

This group of vicuñas were out for breakfast.

My IH pieces were invisible (tshirt, lighter, wallet) but my helmet tried to make up for it.

This is the highest I’ve yet taken my DR. She’s behaving 110%!
Finally rode the famous curvy mountain road to Caspala.

We’re at circa 3000 mts. Solid road but not good when rainy.

Going down…

And back up on the other side of the valley

Delicious homemade lunch at Caspala.

Dry, dusty, strong sun conditions at about 1700 mts. My Suzuki DR 650 is loving it here!



I always wonder whether those fibers would work well as threads and later woven into cloth? Just dreaming about an IH Ceiba denim!

This species of Ceiba tree, common around here, has a heavily armoired trunk with thick, strong thorns. It is also unique as it produces abundant white fibers to help its tiny seeds disperse with the wind.
Today we did a short ride, about 80 km from Libertador San Martin to Vallegrande.

These epiphytes, Tillandsia sp. were one of the few in bloom. Pretty, very abundant, but tiny flowers.



Tomorrow I’ll have a firsthand report on that replica road 
@Giles said in Motorcycles:
Curvy roads you say?
Yup! That road lies ahead waiting for us 



Excellent sleuthing @Giles
Today we leave the trucks behind, bike into Argentina and leave pavement once we reach the town of Libertador San Martin.
Bikes loaded and ready

We’ll be largely travelling through Calilegua Nat. Park. We’ve been promised quaint towns, curvy mountain roads, rocky terrain and cool weather. Let’s see.
Yesterday we set off on a new bike trip. We carried the bikes down to Villamontes to avoid running down the knobby tires on pavement.

@Brandrea as one more data point…I heavily favor the 633 fit in IH and thus find the Weird Guy fit in N&F quite likeable.