• Home
    • Recent
    • Calendar
    • Register
    • Login
    Iron Heart Forum
    Iron Heart Forum

    Iron Heart - Coveted - The Wall Street Journal

    1. Home
    2. Graeme
    3. Posts
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 4
    • Topics 11
    • Posts 4,884
    • Best
    • Controversial
    • Groups 9

    Posts made by Graeme

    • RE: Papa Nui

      Papa Nui has a new cap coming, this time made from the hide of Hokkaido’s native Ussuri brown bear. 🐻

      Bear Cat Cap

      posted in Other Brands and Shops
      GraemeG
      Graeme
    • RE: Motorcycles

      @BenBWH I'm sure that you will.

      posted in Hobbies and Pastimes
      GraemeG
      Graeme
    • RE: Motorcycles

      @BenBWH said in Motorcycles:

      @louisbosco I gave the back break a little too much welly and skidded a little on the emergency stop. Automatic fail for safety

      I failed my first attempt at a motorcycle driving test because I braked a bit hard during the emergency stop, and the rear wheel lifted.

      I got my licence, eventually.

      posted in Hobbies and Pastimes
      GraemeG
      Graeme
    • RE: Indigo Invitational Y5

      I got a pair of Papa Nui Sailor Moku pants a few months into the competition, and I didn't wear them as much as I should have.

      The mud is from a Sprint Dog competition over the weekend. It was rather wet...

      Front

      Back

      posted in Heavy Weight Contests & Competitions
      GraemeG
      Graeme
    • RE: Our Cars (dream or actual)

      @Bridger the 911 looks like a rolling midlife crisis.

      That said, I find most modern sports and supercars boring. The exceptions are the new Morgans and the Renault 5 Turbo 3E. Unfortunately, the former aren't sold in Australia, and the latter is really expensive.

      The Mini has charm and it isn't trying too hard.

      @Brian the current plan is to drive over on Wednesday. I'm at the Royal Adelaide Show on Thursday with my hound, and possibly again on Sunday if he beats his uncle again. I'll probably head back on Monday.

      The current plan is to stay in an Airbnb in Glandore.

      @mclaincausey the tax write-off sounds nice. In Australia there are incentives for pickups, as they're allegedly commercial vehicles, and EVs if you get one on a lease.

      @louisbosco a '73 Falcon XB GT with the optional MFP package is the only Ford to go for, especially with the world looking increasingly apocalyptic!

      The Renault might be cheaper...

      posted in General Chat
      GraemeG
      Graeme
    • RE: Our Cars (dream or actual)

      @mclaincausey I've got a fourteen-year-old Ford Fiesta that's got nearly 215,000 km or 133,000 miles, a busted air-conditioning pump, and way more rattles than are healthy. I'm taking that to Adelaide next week, which is about 800 km or 500 miles.

      Maybe I need to upgrade my road trip mobile!

      posted in General Chat
      GraemeG
      Graeme
    • RE: Our Cars (dream or actual)

      @Bridger the Kuwaiti 911 doesn't appeal, but the Mini 1275 GT was a car that I loved when I was a small kid. I haven't seen one for years.

      posted in General Chat
      GraemeG
      Graeme
    • RE: Guitars anyone???

      @WhiskeySandwich Guitar Center and Sweetwater in the US, and Andertons in the UK are showing these available on a pre-order. If you want one, it looks like they're out there.

      posted in Accessories
      GraemeG
      Graeme
    • RE: Chopping boards

      I've got a butcher's block style chopping board that I found in TK Maxx in Manchester years ago for about ten quid. It followed me to London and then Australia, and it's still going strong.

      posted in General Chat
      GraemeG
      Graeme
    • RE: Iron Heart Japan - The Future

      I for one welcome our new overlord @Alex.

      And congratulations!

      posted in News
      GraemeG
      Graeme
    • RE: Watches - another OCD problem

      @goosehd Blancpain used to do a couple of limited editions each year, and these tended to have a retro or reissue theme. The No Rad or Milspec (moisture indicator) models were examples of these.

      They haven't produced one for a while, the Bathyscaphe I mentioned above is the first in a long time. Maybe you'll be in luck in the near future.

      posted in Accessories
      GraemeG
      Graeme
    • RE: Watches - another OCD problem

      I saw an IWC Venturer in Melbourne a couple of months ago, and I quite liked it. It's very different, but that's the appeal. Besides, how many people (other than @Giles) actually wear their diver's or pilot's watch for what they're intended.

      IWC Venturer

      If you want something a bit more traditional, Blancpain has just released a new Bathyscaphe. Details at Monochrome.

      Blancpain Bathyscaphe

      posted in Accessories
      GraemeG
      Graeme
    • RE: Insects

      Apparently, it's a Gum Tree Shield Bug.

      posted in Hobbies and Pastimes
      GraemeG
      Graeme
    • RE: Insects

      Beetle

      posted in Hobbies and Pastimes
      GraemeG
      Graeme
    • RE: Our Cars (dream or actual)

      The AMG version of the Mercedes CLA EV sounds like it's going to be suitably bonkers.

      posted in General Chat
      GraemeG
      Graeme
    • RE: Random Announcements

      @goosehd I'm probably going to move my browser over to Google Chrome, and I'll take advantage of the free password manager in there.

      I was using Microsoft Authenticator, but they shut down the Android app a few months ago, so my devices aren't fully synched at the moment.

      posted in General Chat
      GraemeG
      Graeme
    • RE: F/W 2026 Top 3

      My favourite pieces are:

      • IHJ-173-BLK - Waterproof Coated Leather Hooded Jacket - Black
      • IHSH-464-WHT - Leather Western Shirt - White
      • IH-752-IND - 13.5oz Denim Baker’s Pants - Indigo

      I also like the IH-749-KHA - 10.5oz Colour Denim Wide Work Pants - Khaki, IHSH-452-CAM - Ultra Heavy Flannel Work Overshirt - Camel, though I'm not sure about the colour, IHJ-171-BLK - Racing Jacket - Black, and IHM-56-BLK - Whipcord Type N-3B Jacket - Black, which is probably too warm for my local climate.

      posted in Fall/Winter 2026 Collection
      GraemeG
      Graeme
    • RE: Pets

      @motojobobo Sprint Dog is a good source of action photos.

      Unfortunately, Disco didn't take after the lure when I took him coursing a few weeks ago, otherwise I'd have some good pictures of him chasing it.

      In fact, for a scion of an ancient sighthound breed, he was completely useless. The lure went straight ahead, but he turned left and ran down to the far end of the field before coming back to me.

      posted in Hobbies and Pastimes
      GraemeG
      Graeme
    • RE: In Fitness and in Health

      @Giles my coach tends to cycle weights. He'll start me off (for example) deadlifting for six reps, then that will drop that number as the weight increases.

      In your case, you could drop back to 80 kg for six reps, then increase the weight by 2.5 to 5 kg per week until you get back to 100 kg.

      Romanian deadlifts have also proven to be a good accessory. I'm currently performing a set after I've finished the conventional deadlift.

      posted in General Chat
      GraemeG
      Graeme
    • RE: Pets

      Disco at a Sprint Dog trial last week. He can outrun Usain Bolt, as he covered a hundred metres in just under nine seconds. His uncle does it in under eight, so he's got some speed to come.

      Disco Sprinting

      posted in Hobbies and Pastimes
      GraemeG
      Graeme
    Copyright Iron Heart 2025.