Ship John
-
@northsouthdenimguy looks good, I’ve been going back and forth still. I did a second hot wash and dry and got a little more shrink, I know still hard to see because of the dark denim… I just can’t decide if it’s worth shortening a little bit

-
I think it looks good, especially since that’s how you like to wear yours. You prefer a little roomier fit than I do, so I think the length works well with it. To me, if it were much shorter, it might look a little odd with the roomier cut.
But that’s really just personal preference. So much of this comes down to aesthetics and how each of us likes our clothes to fit and wear.
-
@northsouthdenimguy thats kind of what I'm thinking also, I don't want it to turn into a boxy silhouette. I can wear it as is with a tshirt under, or I can wear a hoody under it for more of an overshirt style. I think I am going to keep it this way. I can always hem down the road if I change my mind
-
@Phil_NYC looks sick!
-
@Brock thanks! Got a long way to go to look as cool as your denim Wills with the sashiko repair on the pocket. That thing looks amazing.
-
I did a cold soak and fan dry, but I think I’m going to go back and do a warm or hot soak. I feel like I just need to take a little bit more out of it overall. The sleeves are actually pretty decent length-wise right now, so hopefully I won’t lose too much there.
Also, something I thought the other day was just a white mark is actually a small flaw in the shirt. I noticed it in the photo I posted on here, but I didn’t pay attention to it when I turned it inside out to soak it.
It doesn’t go all the way through or anything. It’s more like a little pull or flaw on the outside of the fabric. Quite honestly, I’ve got one of those black clothing pens, so I’m just going to touch it up and move on.
I’m wondering if I should at least let them know about it, but I really don’t care that much. If it were another type of shirt or fabric, I’d probably be more concerned, but with this I know it’ll basically disappear once I hit it with the pen.
I also don’t want to take the risk of either not being able to get another one or getting a replacement that has some weird fit issue. This one fits well enough that it’s just not worth it to me.



-
@northsouthdenimguy yea that’s a bit of a bummer. When I received my Guthries it had a weird fold on one of the legs and i flipped them inside out n seen this

The other side is normal -
@Phil_NYC I like the Ramblin more and more. I had trouble liking it the first time I put it on but its just molded into a really nice jacket. One of my favorites now. I even pop the collar on it and think it looks good.
-
@warriors22 that's terrible. Did they remake them for you?
-
I was about to say that’s “no big deal” if you can’t feel it, but then realized that was the outside

Either way, I did shoot them an email this morning just showing them the issue. I wasn’t asking for anything, just basically saying, “Hey, I wanted to make you aware of this.”
In my opinion, any company or business worth its salt would at least want to know about an issue, even if the customer isn’t asking for anything.
-
@northsouthdenimguy let us know their response.

-
@northsouthdenimguy I'd definitely let them know. I had a minor issue develop years ago with a lightweight camo jacket that they did. Didn't bother me but felt like I should bring it up just so they were aware. They apologized and offered to repair and get it back to me no questions asked.
I'd want to know because if a couple more people report similar it could be part of a larger pattern or issue.
-
I haven’t sent an email jst yet n probably won’t even ask for them to remake or if they had another pair to swap. I waited so long to get these and to be honest I think it’ll be fine. Jst a bummer I paid all that money for something like that to happen. To even let the pants pass QC is kinda crazy for being a well made/quality store
-
@northsouthdenimguy yea I think they should know so that nothing like your shirt or my pants get sent out like that. With ppl spending their hard earned money they should receive an item with no damages or bad sewing job. And this is how the front of that pants look

-
Amanda responded yesterday afternoon and was really nice about it. She offered to send me a return label so they could repair it, and from the tone of her message I would imagine a refund would have been an option too if that was what I wanted.
I gave it a hot soak the evening before and then threw it in the dryer once it was about 80% dry. Man, it feels really good now. It shrunk up just right and the material softened up quite a bit. I still need to press it, but the fit feels great. I really like the shirt, so I have zero intention of sending it back for a repair.
I already burned off the little bit of loose material with a lighter and touched it up with a fabric pen. I think after another wash or two it will blend in just fine. If it ever needs an actual repair down the road, I’ll just have it done locally. They even offered to pay for that if I wanted, but I’m really not worried about it.
More than anything, I thought their response was exactly what a company should say given the tone of my original email, especially since I made it pretty clear I wasn’t looking for anything. Really good customer service all around.
-
Funny ShipJohn QC story - I was lucky enough to snag a Wills decade jacket. They made 110 of them and each one was numbered on the inside on a leather patch. Mine came with no number. Sent them an email and they said oh sorry we forgot to number yours, it’s 56. So I took a sharpie and did it myself. I was thinking to myself how does something so obvious not get noticed? Btw I am a huge SJ fan.
I have a Kristofferson coming in December and I will have no sense of humor if there is anything wrong with that jacket.

-
@northsouthdenimguy that’s good to hear about the fit, I noticed it soften substantially as well with the wash and dry. Also their customer service really is great. They replaced all the snaps on my dry wax and then even sent it with the black denim Townes AND they refunded me the shipping on the black Townes since they were going to cover the shipping back to me on the dry wax. It’s really nice to know a company I love to support also stands behind their products the way they do
-
She even offered a small store credit, which I think the way I answered probably made it sound like I wasn’t interested
. I definitely wouldn’t turn it down if they send it to me though. -
@northsouthdenimguy That’s great to hear!

-
I deal with it weekly and know that it sucks that any issues make it past QC but that is an opportunity for a company to "sell" it's customer service...
