• Home
    • Recent
    • Calendar
    • Register
    • Login
    Iron Heart Forum
    Iron Heart Forum

    Iron Heart - Coveted - The Wall Street Journal

    Iron Chef WAYCT - What Are You Cooking Today

    Hobbies and Pastimes
    243
    4.9k
    1.6m
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • VikV
      Vik
      IHUK Crew
      @hjl360
      Joined:

      @hjl360 said in Iron Chef WAYCT - What Are You Cooking Today:

      Last nights Mapo Tofu

      Mapo Tofu mentioned - I'm just going to sit and wait until @JoshC and @Ross enter the chat

      Prost!

      last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
      • jordanscollectedJ
        jordanscollected
        啓蒙家
        @hjl360
        Joined:

        @hjl360 the first time I made this added way too much Szechuan peppercorn and I could feel my mouth for half the meal. Fully worth it.

        world tours:
        888 Fat guy chocolate WT
        Mad Red x2
        Wabidashery

        last edited by hjl360H 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
        • hjl360H
          hjl360
          Raw and Unwashed
          @jordanscollected
          Joined:

          @jordanscollected 😆 😆 easy mistake to make!! I usually buy a big bag and they last for best part of a year, losing potency as time goes by and more and more needed in each dish, I have forgotten to adjust quantity when going to a fresh bag before and it can make a meal a bit crazy

          last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • ChrisCC
            ChrisC
            IHUK Crew
            @hjl360
            Joined:

            @hjl360 Ah nice one! Cheers for the recipe

            last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • goosehdG
              goosehd
              Mod Squad
              Joined:

              IMG_0641.jpeg

              “our policy of no discussions regarding politics, religion, asparagus, and other controversial issues.” - Andrew

              last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
              • goosehdG
                goosehd
                Mod Squad
                Joined:

                IMG_0642.jpeg

                “our policy of no discussions regarding politics, religion, asparagus, and other controversial issues.” - Andrew

                last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                • goosehdG
                  goosehd
                  Mod Squad
                  Joined:

                  IMG_0643.jpeg

                  “our policy of no discussions regarding politics, religion, asparagus, and other controversial issues.” - Andrew

                  last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 4
                  • BrianB
                    Brian
                    Joined:

                    Chicken bacon leek parcels

                    IMG_9273.jpeg

                    last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 4
                    • BrianB
                      Brian
                      Joined:

                      IMG_9275.jpeg
                      Turned out ok

                      last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 5
                      • GilesG
                        Giles
                        IHUK Crew
                        Joined:

                        Chilli con carne.....

                        IMG_0251.jpg

                        "OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

                        last edited by Giles VikV 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3
                        • VikV
                          Vik
                          IHUK Crew
                          @Giles
                          Joined:

                          @Giles That looks like a delicious trip to the hospital (for a spice wuss like me)

                          Prost!

                          last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                          • GilesG
                            Giles
                            IHUK Crew
                            Joined:

                            @Vik a few more going in…..

                            IMG_0253.jpeg

                            "OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

                            last edited by VikV 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                            • VikV
                              Vik
                              IHUK Crew
                              @Giles
                              Joined:

                              @Giles I'm calling the fire brigade

                              Prost!

                              last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                              • GilesG
                                Giles
                                IHUK Crew
                                Joined:

                                Hahahahahaha.....

                                10 Litres, should have some left over for the freezer.....

                                IMG_0254.JPG

                                "OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

                                last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 8
                                • IkeapartyI
                                  Ikeaparty
                                  Haraki san Expert
                                  Joined:

                                  Made Khao Piak Sen tonight, had Laos for this month's cooking challenge, last of the four meals of the month
                                  PXL_20260826_223041001.jpg
                                  PXL_20260826_223820147.jpg
                                  PXL_20260827_000615918.jpg
                                  PXL_20260827_010319096.jpg

                                  last edited by ChrisCC 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 5
                                  • ChrisCC
                                    ChrisC
                                    IHUK Crew
                                    @Ikeaparty
                                    Joined:

                                    @Ikeaparty this looks amazing, I don't think I've ever had Laotian food before but I might have to have a google based on this

                                    last edited by IkeapartyI 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                    • IkeapartyI
                                      Ikeaparty
                                      Haraki san Expert
                                      @ChrisC
                                      Joined:

                                      @ChrisC super good!! This month I made khao poon which is like a Laos khaoi soi, pork laab, thum mak hoong which is Laos papaya salad has some super funky fish sauce and crab paste, and then this one, khao piak sen, the serious eats recipe for this one is great: https://www.seriouseats.com/khao-piak-sen-lao-chicken-noodle-soup

                                      last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                                      • jordanscollectedJ
                                        jordanscollected
                                        啓蒙家
                                        Joined:

                                        My free rice cooker bit the dust (Aroma brand), so I figured I’d splurge for a Made in Japan model. First cook is in.

                                        IMG_8694.jpeg

                                        world tours:
                                        888 Fat guy chocolate WT
                                        Mad Red x2
                                        Wabidashery

                                        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                        • GilesG
                                          Giles
                                          IHUK Crew
                                          Joined:

                                          What a wonderful colour.....

                                          IMG_0292.JPG

                                          "OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

                                          last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                                          • GilesG
                                            Giles
                                            IHUK Crew
                                            Joined:

                                            IMG_0293.JPG

                                            "OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

                                            last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Copyright Iron Heart 2025.