• Home
    • Recent
    • Calendar
    • Register
    • Login
    Iron Heart Forum
    Iron Heart Forum

    Iron Heart - Coveted - The Wall Street Journal

    Iron Chef WAYCT - What Are You Cooking Today

    Hobbies and Pastimes
    243
    4.9k
    1.6m
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • KarolK
      Karol
      啓蒙家
      Joined:

      The final result.

      IMG_1863.jpeg

      Favorite:
      IH-888S-21 | IH-888-XHSib | IH-805 | IH-729-PUR | IH-555-SST-BLK | IH-555S-25MB
      IHSH-339-SAX | IHSH-293-OD | IHSH-362-BLK | IHSH-409-IB | IHSH-336-OD | IHSB-BIGBUCK-BLK | IHSB-PR-NAT
      IHV-44-BLK | IHV-02-BLK
      IHJ-75-BLK | IHJ-79-BLK | IHM-37-ODG

      last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 6
      • hjl360H
        hjl360
        Raw and Unwashed
        Joined:

        Last nights Mapo Tofu

        IMG_2331.jpeg

        last edited by ChrisCC VikV jordanscollectedJ 3 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 4
        • ChrisCC
          ChrisC
          IHUK Crew
          @hjl360
          Joined:

          @hjl360 love mapo tofu, I don't know why it's not bigger in the UK but you rarely see it over here

          last edited by hjl360H 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • hjl360H
            hjl360
            Raw and Unwashed
            @ChrisC
            Joined:

            @ChrisC agree! Sichuan food is my favorite but most UK Chinese takeaway is the usual sweet n slop stuff, great to settle the cravings but rarely the real deal.

            Jinli in Camden isn't too far for me I've had some great meals there, give it a go if your ever in London, the trotters are 🔥

            Anyway this is the recipe I used to learn to make it and now do so regularly

            https://thewoksoflife.com/ma-po-tofu-real-deal/

            last edited by ChrisCC 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 4
            • VikV
              Vik
              IHUK Crew
              @hjl360
              Joined:

              @hjl360 said in Iron Chef WAYCT - What Are You Cooking Today:

              Last nights Mapo Tofu

              Mapo Tofu mentioned - I'm just going to sit and wait until @JoshC and @Ross enter the chat

              Prost!

              last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
              • jordanscollectedJ
                jordanscollected
                啓蒙家
                @hjl360
                Joined:

                @hjl360 the first time I made this added way too much Szechuan peppercorn and I could feel my mouth for half the meal. Fully worth it.

                world tours:
                888 Fat guy chocolate WT
                Mad Red x2
                Wabidashery

                last edited by hjl360H 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                • hjl360H
                  hjl360
                  Raw and Unwashed
                  @jordanscollected
                  Joined:

                  @jordanscollected 😆 😆 easy mistake to make!! I usually buy a big bag and they last for best part of a year, losing potency as time goes by and more and more needed in each dish, I have forgotten to adjust quantity when going to a fresh bag before and it can make a meal a bit crazy

                  last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • ChrisCC
                    ChrisC
                    IHUK Crew
                    @hjl360
                    Joined:

                    @hjl360 Ah nice one! Cheers for the recipe

                    last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • goosehdG
                      goosehd
                      Mod Squad
                      Joined:

                      IMG_0641.jpeg

                      “our policy of no discussions regarding politics, religion, asparagus, and other controversial issues.” - Andrew

                      last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                      • goosehdG
                        goosehd
                        Mod Squad
                        Joined:

                        IMG_0642.jpeg

                        “our policy of no discussions regarding politics, religion, asparagus, and other controversial issues.” - Andrew

                        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                        • goosehdG
                          goosehd
                          Mod Squad
                          Joined:

                          IMG_0643.jpeg

                          “our policy of no discussions regarding politics, religion, asparagus, and other controversial issues.” - Andrew

                          last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 4
                          • BrianB
                            Brian
                            Joined:

                            Chicken bacon leek parcels

                            IMG_9273.jpeg

                            last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 4
                            • BrianB
                              Brian
                              Joined:

                              IMG_9275.jpeg
                              Turned out ok

                              last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 5
                              • GilesG
                                Giles
                                IHUK Crew
                                Joined:

                                Chilli con carne.....

                                IMG_0251.jpg

                                "OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

                                last edited by Giles VikV 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3
                                • VikV
                                  Vik
                                  IHUK Crew
                                  @Giles
                                  Joined:

                                  @Giles That looks like a delicious trip to the hospital (for a spice wuss like me)

                                  Prost!

                                  last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                                  • GilesG
                                    Giles
                                    IHUK Crew
                                    Joined:

                                    @Vik a few more going in…..

                                    IMG_0253.jpeg

                                    "OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

                                    last edited by VikV 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                                    • VikV
                                      Vik
                                      IHUK Crew
                                      @Giles
                                      Joined:

                                      @Giles I'm calling the fire brigade

                                      Prost!

                                      last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                                      • GilesG
                                        Giles
                                        IHUK Crew
                                        Joined:

                                        Hahahahahaha.....

                                        10 Litres, should have some left over for the freezer.....

                                        IMG_0254.JPG

                                        "OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

                                        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 8
                                        • IkeapartyI
                                          Ikeaparty
                                          Haraki san Expert
                                          Joined:

                                          Made Khao Piak Sen tonight, had Laos for this month's cooking challenge, last of the four meals of the month
                                          PXL_20260826_223041001.jpg
                                          PXL_20260826_223820147.jpg
                                          PXL_20260827_000615918.jpg
                                          PXL_20260827_010319096.jpg

                                          last edited by ChrisCC 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 5
                                          • ChrisCC
                                            ChrisC
                                            IHUK Crew
                                            @Ikeaparty
                                            Joined:

                                            @Ikeaparty this looks amazing, I don't think I've ever had Laotian food before but I might have to have a google based on this

                                            last edited by IkeapartyI 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Copyright Iron Heart 2025.