• Home
    • Recent
    • Calendar
    • Register
    • Login
    Iron Heart Forum
    Iron Heart Forum

    Iron Heart - Coveted - The Wall Street Journal

    Random Rants

    General Chat
    429
    14.9k
    5.9m
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • northsouthdenimguyN
      northsouthdenimguy
      啓蒙家
      Joined:

      So I bought a battery from Batteries Plus in July 2025 for my 2019 GMC Yukon. About a month or so ago, I started noticing it just wasn’t turning the engine over as quickly as it should and was doing a few other quirky things.

      I brought it in, they put their little reader on it, and told me, “Nope, everything’s fine.”

      I said OK, whatever.

      Fast-forward to an hour ago and I go to start my Yukon on a job site and it’s completely dead. Fortunately, my project manager was there and was able to jump me with seriously the cheapest set of jumper cables I’ve ever seen in my life. So now I know what he’s getting for Christmas, but I digress.

      I go back to Batteries Plus, they put their new reader on it, and I basically have to explain to the guy running the test that, yes, the battery is bad and, yes, I need a new battery.

      Guys, I’m not college educated. I barely graduated high school. I’d like to say I’m street smart, but I’m not even sure I can claim that. I grew up pretty damn middle to upper-middle class, so I’m not sure what kind of smart I’m supposed to be.

      But even I could read this fucking printout. 😂

      After 15 seconds of me explaining why this battery was toast, they agreed to swap it out. Also, when did batteries start costing $400? At least it’s under warranty.

      IMG_6530.jpeg

      @selveldgesteps

      last edited by northsouthdenimguy steelworkerS 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 5
      • GraemeEG
        GraemeE
        Joined:

        I rarely have the need to look at the keys when im typing
        Nevertheless this design is ridiculous

        IMG_20261001_061222.jpg

        IMG_20261001_061213.jpg

        last edited by Indigo AlchemistI 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 4
        • Indigo AlchemistI
          Indigo Alchemist
          Haraki san Expert
          @GraemeE
          Joined:

          @GraemeE unless you´re 1,50m tall and working at a standing desk, then it would absolutely make sense 😂 😂

          "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space"

          last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
          • steelworkerS
            steelworker
            見習いボス
            @northsouthdenimguy
            Joined:

            @northsouthdenimguy fucking-🤬

            Those are my principles, and if you don't like them…
            Well, I have others.

            last edited by northsouthdenimguyN 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
            • northsouthdenimguyN
              northsouthdenimguy
              啓蒙家
              @steelworker
              Joined:

              @steelworker

              I have to come clean. This is not the full story…

              Was gonna post this earlier but got sidetracked. Hopefully I’m not annoying everybody with the update. 🤣

              Long story short, the battery cables were part of the problem. I also had the starter replaced along with a laundry list of other things, about half of which I still need to address. I’m already $1,500 into it at the dealership, so I’m gonna take the rest to a mechanic my wife uses for her daughters’ cars and occasionally hers.

              The annoying part is that with all the technology today, the battery testing really wasn’t very helpful. On the bright side, I did get a brand new battery under warranty even though the old one turned out to be fine, so at least that’s another $400 battery I won’t have to buy.

              @selveldgesteps

              last edited by northsouthdenimguy 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
              • MattM
                Matt
                見習いボス
                Joined:

                IMG_2920.jpeg

                last edited by GoodtimeJohnnyG 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • steelworkerS
                  steelworker
                  見習いボス
                  Joined:

                  Umm 🤔

                  Those are my principles, and if you don't like them…
                  Well, I have others.

                  last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                  • GoodtimeJohnnyG
                    GoodtimeJohnny
                    Raw and Unwashed
                    @Matt
                    Joined:

                    @Matt My daughter was famous for this and never having closed a cabinet door no matter how clear the instructions are

                    last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                    • MattM
                      Matt
                      見習いボス
                      Joined:

                      It’s not just the kids. My wife does it too. I live with savages.

                      last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                      • ChibsC
                        Chibs
                        The UnTucked
                        Joined:

                        Waiting for my Ship John hat which is out for delivery. Mrs Chibs wanted me to go out with her to run some errands. So I called UPS, they usually tell me how many stops the driver has until they get to my house. Was calling them in front of her on speaker… She says “That’s a robot, you’re speaking to AI” I was like no way!! She googled it and yup. I was duped by AI AGAIN!! 🤬

                        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                        • First post
                          Last post
                        Copyright Iron Heart 2025.