• Home
    • Recent
    • Calendar
    • Register
    • Login
    Iron Heart Forum
    Iron Heart Forum

    Iron Heart - Coveted - The Wall Street Journal

    Random Rants

    General Chat
    429
    14.9k
    5.9m
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • BridgerB
      Bridger
      Raw and Unwashed
      Joined:
      City Pint of Domestic Beer Cappuccino / Coffee Burger / Fast Food Meal Mid-Range Hotel Night (Average)
      Singapore $8.00 – $12.00 SGD ($6.00 – $9.00 USD) $6.00 SGD ($4.50 USD) $10.00 – $14.00 SGD ($7.50 – $10.50 USD) $150 – $300 USD
      Zurich, Switzerland 7.00 – 9.00 CHF ($8.00 – $10.50 USD) 5.00 – 6.00 CHF ($6.00 – $7.00 USD) 16.00 – 22.00 CHF ($19.00 – $26.00 USD) $220 – $380 USD
      New York City, USA $8.00 – $10.00 USD $5.00 – $6.00 USD $12.00 – $18.00 USD $250 – $450 USD
      Geneva, Switzerland 7.00 – 9.00 CHF ($8.00 – $10.50 USD) 4.50 – 5.50 CHF ($5.30 – $6.50 USD) 15.00 – 20.00 CHF ($18.00 – $24.00 USD) $200 – $350 USD
      London, UK £6.50 – £8.50 ($8.50 – $11.00 USD) £3.80 – £4.80 ($5.00 – $6.30 USD) £9.00 – £15.00 ($12.00 – $20.00 USD) £150 – £300 ($190 – $380 USD)
      last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • hajdukH
        hajduk
        啓蒙家
        Joined:

        It's surprising not to see Oslo on this list. Believe me, Oslo is often above these prices...

        "Ignorance, allied with power, is the most ferocious enemy justice can have" James Baldwin.

        last edited by TobiT 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
        • TobiT
          Tobi
          Haraki san Prodigy
          @hajduk
          Joined:

          @hajduk my own search produced a list that also includes Oslo and Copenhagen 🙂

          last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
          • hajdukH
            hajduk
            啓蒙家
            Joined:

            Am with u @Tobi

            "Ignorance, allied with power, is the most ferocious enemy justice can have" James Baldwin.

            last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • goosehdG
              goosehd
              Mod Squad
              Joined:

              I find that many of these AI queries end up with very biased information. How you postulate the question often influences the answer given and I have also seen examples of asking the same question numerous times resulting in different answers each time. I also wonder if there is a regional component to the answers given as well…

              It’s no different than many of the stories seen in local news papers/journals/etc. where your local restaurant is voted #1 year after year. When you step back and look at the data and how the question was asked, the results are bound to be the same resulting in that restaurant always being #1, but only in the area that the sample data was taken.

              “our policy of no discussions regarding politics, religion, asparagus, and other controversial issues.” - Andrew

              last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3
              • GilesG
                Giles
                IHUK Crew
                Joined:

                Like, the street the restaurant is in........:-)

                "OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

                last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3
                • AnesthetistA
                  Anesthetist
                  見習いボス
                  @Indigo Alchemist
                  Joined:

                  @Indigo-Alchemist every chainstitch will fray and fall, but this chainstitch….truly lived….

                  IG: bluehandsslim

                  last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                  • louisboscoL
                    louisbosco
                    啓蒙家
                    @Bridger
                    Joined:

                    @Bridger no wonder people think all Singaporeans are rich. by those measures, NYC should be cheap..n😂

                    "Loyalty is a two way street. If i'm asking for it from you, then you're getting it from me."

                    • Harvey Specter
                    last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3
                    • JordJ
                      Jord
                      Haraki san Expert
                      Joined:

                      Screenshot 2026-09-28 at 03.13.49.png

                      I kept getting this "page unresponsive" error probably for the past 6 months or so on the forum, I've been a typical caveman and just lived with it and came back to the forum 30mins later when pages would load... well, I finally deleted my cache tonight which was 3gb+ of stored images on chrome. Things are going smoothly now...

                      I gotta stop being such a caveman

                      last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                      • northsouthdenimguyN
                        northsouthdenimguy
                        啓蒙家
                        Joined:

                        So I bought a battery from Batteries Plus in July 2025 for my 2019 GMC Yukon. About a month or so ago, I started noticing it just wasn’t turning the engine over as quickly as it should and was doing a few other quirky things.

                        I brought it in, they put their little reader on it, and told me, “Nope, everything’s fine.”

                        I said OK, whatever.

                        Fast-forward to an hour ago and I go to start my Yukon on a job site and it’s completely dead. Fortunately, my project manager was there and was able to jump me with seriously the cheapest set of jumper cables I’ve ever seen in my life. So now I know what he’s getting for Christmas, but I digress.

                        I go back to Batteries Plus, they put their new reader on it, and I basically have to explain to the guy running the test that, yes, the battery is bad and, yes, I need a new battery.

                        Guys, I’m not college educated. I barely graduated high school. I’d like to say I’m street smart, but I’m not even sure I can claim that. I grew up pretty damn middle to upper-middle class, so I’m not sure what kind of smart I’m supposed to be.

                        But even I could read this fucking printout. 😂

                        After 15 seconds of me explaining why this battery was toast, they agreed to swap it out. Also, when did batteries start costing $400? At least it’s under warranty.

                        IMG_6530.jpeg

                        @selveldgesteps

                        last edited by northsouthdenimguy steelworkerS 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 5
                        • GraemeEG
                          GraemeE
                          Joined:

                          I rarely have the need to look at the keys when im typing
                          Nevertheless this design is ridiculous

                          IMG_20261001_061222.jpg

                          IMG_20261001_061213.jpg

                          last edited by Indigo AlchemistI 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3
                          • Indigo AlchemistI
                            Indigo Alchemist
                            Haraki san Expert
                            @GraemeE
                            Joined:

                            @GraemeE unless you´re 1,50m tall and working at a standing desk, then it would absolutely make sense 😂 😂

                            "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space"

                            last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                            • steelworkerS
                              steelworker
                              見習いボス
                              @northsouthdenimguy
                              Joined:

                              @northsouthdenimguy fucking-🤬

                              Those are my principles, and if you don't like them…
                              Well, I have others.

                              last edited by northsouthdenimguyN 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                              • northsouthdenimguyN
                                northsouthdenimguy
                                啓蒙家
                                @steelworker
                                Joined:

                                @steelworker

                                I have to come clean. This is not the full story…

                                Was gonna post this earlier but got sidetracked. Hopefully I’m not annoying everybody with the update. 🤣

                                Long story short, the battery cables were part of the problem. I also had the starter replaced along with a laundry list of other things, about half of which I still need to address. I’m already $1,500 into it at the dealership, so I’m gonna take the rest to a mechanic my wife uses for her daughters’ cars and occasionally hers.

                                The annoying part is that with all the technology today, the battery testing really wasn’t very helpful. On the bright side, I did get a brand new battery under warranty even though the old one turned out to be fine, so at least that’s another $400 battery I won’t have to buy.

                                @selveldgesteps

                                last edited by northsouthdenimguy 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                                • MattM
                                  Matt
                                  見習いボス
                                  Joined:

                                  IMG_2920.jpeg

                                  last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                  • steelworkerS
                                    steelworker
                                    見習いボス
                                    Joined:

                                    Umm 🤔

                                    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them…
                                    Well, I have others.

                                    last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                    • First post
                                      Last post
                                    Copyright Iron Heart 2025.