Motorcycles
-
@motojobobo was the dr the one you had issues with previously? If so, what was the problem/fix?
-
I did it you guys! I know I still have a lot of learning to do but I’m over the moon right now!

-
@WithBongInHand congrats!!
-
@WithBongInHand Now the fun begins!
-
Today we did a very short ride. 76 km between Humahuaca and Iruya, where the first 26 km were on a paved road. The following 50 km were ln gravel road bit the last 20 odd km were extremely windy tight curves and dropped from 3600 mts to 2600 mts.

A particularly colorful rocky formation next to the road


I was amazed at this short tunnel. No structural support whatsoever. And this isn’t solid rock. You can see it is an aggregation of soil and pieces of rock. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a tunnel like this before



We spent the afternoon in Iruya sipping wine and watching condors ride the thermals way above us. Not much for photography.
-
@goosehd you may be remembering the accident I had on the DR about 5 years ago?
Mechanically she’s been, characteristically, dead reliable. Lately had minor niggles caused by the terrible quality gas sold in Bolivia: clogged carburator needles, valve seating probs with combustion residue, and the like.
As behooves the DR reputation, she’ll handily outlive the owner. -
@motojobobo I thought you were having a bike with power issues, but I could be misremembering.
I’ll look later and see if I can find the discussion.
Glad to hear everything is ticking along well and loving the pictures! Enjoy and thank you for posting

-
@motojobobo Hornocal looks very impressive! What at a great trip.
-
@goosehd the power issues are with my Guzzi V85TT. All to do with me tinkering with air/fuel ratios at different gears and rpms. That is all well now.
-
@motojobobo thank you! I had started looking yesterday and got distracted…
Glad one of us remembered

-



After failing the mod1 last month, I’ve been patiently waiting for my retest date. According to the bike school there’s a back log, retest could be a few weeks to a few months! Remain flexible and wait for a call! Yeah cheers!
Anyway, rather than do nothing I found this cheeky little cb125r and thought it’d get me out there on two wheels, I can learn more and get some road time in while I wait! The not being able to use motorways is a pain as my commute revolves around the motorway but I’ll get as much time on this little thing as I can, and hopefully be ready when the test date rolls around -

Harley’s, Iron Heart and Red Wings. My favorite things
