• Home
    • Recent
    • Calendar
    • Register
    • Login
    Iron Heart Forum
    Iron Heart Forum

    Iron Heart - Coveted - The Wall Street Journal

    Motorcycles

    Hobbies and Pastimes
    320
    4.5k
    1.4m
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • Denman JohnD
      Denman John
      Haraki san Prodigy
      @motojobobo
      Joined:

      @motojobobo Solid AF!

      last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
      • motojoboboM
        motojobobo
        啓蒙家
        Joined:

        Today was probably our highest altitude day, ranging between 3600 and 4750 mts. Not much distance covered, less than 100 km. Going was slow, curvy, rocky and dusty. But the biggest factor slowing us down was scenery.

        IMG_0094.jpeg
        First valley we crossed this morning.

        IMG_0096.jpeg
        This group of vicuñas were out for breakfast.

        IMG_0101.jpeg
        My IH pieces were invisible (tshirt, lighter, wallet) but my helmet tried to make up for it.

        IMG_0102.jpeg
        This is the highest I’ve yet taken my DR. She’s behaving 110%!

        The journey is the objective.

        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 7
        • motojoboboM
          motojobobo
          啓蒙家
          Joined:

          IMG_0105.jpeg
          Another mountainside blessed with curvy dirt roads and great scenery.

          IMG_0107.jpeg
          Rock corrals at 4500 mts. Beyond securing livestock they also serve as wind shelter on cold nights.

          IMG_0109.jpeg
          Curvy stuff!

          IMG_0124.jpeg
          Today’s route

          IMG_0113.jpeg
          My DR gracing Hornocal, probably the top scenery we’ll see during this trip. Hornocal is similar to another curious geological formation I’ve shared on previous trips but this one is way more colorful and interesting.

          IMG_0116.jpeg
          IMG_0119.jpeg

          The journey is the objective.

          last edited by goosehdG AetasA 2 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 11
          • goosehdG
            goosehd
            Mod Squad
            @motojobobo
            Joined:

            @motojobobo was the dr the one you had issues with previously? If so, what was the problem/fix?

            “our policy of no discussions regarding politics, religion, asparagus, and other controversial issues.” - Andrew

            last edited by motojoboboM 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
            • WithBongInHandW
              WithBongInHand
              Joined:

              I did it you guys! I know I still have a lot of learning to do but I’m over the moon right now!

              IMG_6688.jpeg

              last edited by goosehdG Denman JohnD 2 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 8
              • goosehdG
                goosehd
                Mod Squad
                @WithBongInHand
                Joined:

                @WithBongInHand congrats!!

                “our policy of no discussions regarding politics, religion, asparagus, and other controversial issues.” - Andrew

                last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                • Denman JohnD
                  Denman John
                  Haraki san Prodigy
                  @WithBongInHand
                  Joined:

                  @WithBongInHand Now the fun begins!

                  last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                  • motojoboboM
                    motojobobo
                    啓蒙家
                    Joined:

                    Today we did a very short ride. 76 km between Humahuaca and Iruya, where the first 26 km were on a paved road. The following 50 km were ln gravel road bit the last 20 odd km were extremely windy tight curves and dropped from 3600 mts to 2600 mts.

                    IMG_0131.jpeg

                    A particularly colorful rocky formation next to the road
                    IMG_0134.jpeg
                    IMG_0135.jpeg

                    I was amazed at this short tunnel. No structural support whatsoever. And this isn’t solid rock. You can see it is an aggregation of soil and pieces of rock. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a tunnel like this before
                    IMG_0136.jpeg
                    IMG_0137.jpeg
                    IMG_0139.jpeg

                    We spent the afternoon in Iruya sipping wine and watching condors ride the thermals way above us. Not much for photography.

                    The journey is the objective.

                    last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 10
                    • motojoboboM
                      motojobobo
                      啓蒙家
                      @goosehd
                      Joined:

                      @goosehd you may be remembering the accident I had on the DR about 5 years ago?
                      Mechanically she’s been, characteristically, dead reliable. Lately had minor niggles caused by the terrible quality gas sold in Bolivia: clogged carburator needles, valve seating probs with combustion residue, and the like.
                      As behooves the DR reputation, she’ll handily outlive the owner.

                      The journey is the objective.

                      last edited by goosehdG 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                      • goosehdG
                        goosehd
                        Mod Squad
                        @motojobobo
                        Joined:

                        @motojobobo I thought you were having a bike with power issues, but I could be misremembering.

                        I’ll look later and see if I can find the discussion.

                        Glad to hear everything is ticking along well and loving the pictures! Enjoy and thank you for posting 🙏

                        “our policy of no discussions regarding politics, religion, asparagus, and other controversial issues.” - Andrew

                        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                        • AetasA
                          Aetas
                          見習いボス
                          @motojobobo
                          Joined:

                          @motojobobo Hornocal looks very impressive! What at a great trip.

                          last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                          • First post
                            Last post
                          Copyright Iron Heart 2025.