• Home
    • Recent
    • Calendar
    • Register
    • Login
    Iron Heart Forum
    Iron Heart Forum

    Iron Heart - Coveted - The Wall Street Journal

    Random Love (anti-rants)

    General Chat
    231
    2.4k
    599.1k
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • CosmoSix5C
      CosmoSix5
      Haraki san Prodigy
      Joined:

      Made the mistake of not being the last one out of our hotel room in Pittsburgh last weekend. Tuesday I went to leave for work and my lunch bag was not in the closet. I realized the last time I had it was in that room. It was the quilted 25oz bag... So I just sighed and said well crap. But I thought I'll call them and maybe it was turned in. Kirstin answered after I got through the ai maze and sadly told me the lost and found was empty. But she would ask the cleaning crew. The next day my phone rang and it was her again. Found it 💜. Sent her a ups label and it arrived today. They will have a few days of free dunkin with the ecard I sent for the assist. Still some good people out there 💪

      Insta: @chain_stitched
      John 1 1-3 ❤️♥️❤️♥️

      last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 7
      • catdad1C
        catdad1
        Raw and Unwashed
        Joined:

        This morning was a regular day at work. I'm at my desk when I got a pop-up on my phone for an incoming international call. I assumed it was spam but hesitantly answered anyways. Didn't expect to be speaking to @Bailey! He let me know a repair order was completed and sent my way. I know a lot of us appreciate the one on one conversations via email with the team already. The extra step of a phone call really made my day! Appreciate the entire team at IHUK. Sure I have been driving you guys crazy with repairs & measurement requests the last several months. Thanks again! @JoshC @JamesB @Vik

        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 12
        • JordJ
          Jord
          Haraki san Expert
          Joined:

          I love jeans, that's all, I just wanted to show love for them. Have a great weekend, guys, whatever you're wearing!

          last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • GoodtimeJohnnyG
            GoodtimeJohnny
            Raw and Unwashed
            Joined:

            I just gotta say, I love this weird little obsession
            IMG_1518.jpeg
            (Yup a box fan is drying my pants!

            last edited by GoodtimeJohnny ChapC 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 7
            • goosehdG
              goosehd
              Mod Squad
              Joined:

              I don’t know why I never listened to Adele other than the random song on the radio until recently. Just started working through her catalog and love it…

              Late to the party, but enjoying the adventure.

              “our policy of no discussions regarding politics, religion, asparagus, and other controversial issues.” - Andrew

              last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
              • ChapC
                Chap
                見習いボス
                @GoodtimeJohnny
                Joined:

                @GoodtimeJohnny do not worry, we’re all a bit weird here 😂

                “Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart.”
                — Winnie The Pooh

                last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 4
                • goosehdG
                  goosehd
                  Mod Squad
                  Joined:

                  One of my favourite fables:

                  One day, a scorpion looked around at the mountain where he lived and decided that he wanted a change. So he set out on a journey through the forests and hills. He climbed over rocks and under vines and kept going until he reached a river.
                  The river was wide and swift, and the scorpion stopped to reconsider the situation. He couldn't see any way across. So he ran upriver and then checked downriver, all the while thinking that he might have to turn back.

                  Suddenly, he saw a frog sitting in the rushes by the bank of the stream on the other side of the river. He decided to ask the frog for help getting across the stream.

                  "Hellooo Mr. Frog!" called the scorpion across the water, "Would you be so kind as to give me a ride on your back across the river?"

                  "Well now, Mr. Scorpion! How do I know that if I try to help you, you wont try to kill me?" asked the frog hesitantly.

                  "Because," the scorpion replied, "If I try to kill you, then I would die too, for you see I cannot swim!"

                  Now this seemed to make sense to the frog. But he asked. "What about when I get close to the bank? You could still try to kill me and get back to the shore!"

                  "This is true," agreed the scorpion, "But then I wouldn't be able to get to the other side of the river!"

                  "Alright then...how do I know you wont just wait till we get to the other side and THEN kill me?" said the frog.

                  "Ahh...," crooned the scorpion, "Because you see, once you've taken me to the other side of this river, I will be so grateful for your help, that it would hardly be fair to reward you with death, now would it?!"

                  So the frog agreed to take the scorpion across the river. He swam over to the bank and settled himself near the mud to pick up his passenger. The scorpion crawled onto the frog's back, his sharp claws prickling into the frog's soft hide, and the frog slid into the river. The muddy water swirled around them, but the frog stayed near the surface so the scorpion would not drown. He kicked strongly through the first half of the stream, his flippers paddling wildly against the current.

                  Halfway across the river, the frog suddenly felt a sharp sting in his back and, out of the corner of his eye, saw the scorpion remove his stinger from the frog's back. A deadening numbness began to creep into his limbs.

                  "You fool!" croaked the frog, "Now we shall both die! Why on earth did you do that?"

                  The scorpion shrugged, and did a little jig on the drownings frog's back.

                  "I could not help myself. It is my nature."

                  Then they both sank into the muddy waters of the swiftly flowing river.

                  Self destruction - "Its my Nature", said the Scorpion...

                  “our policy of no discussions regarding politics, religion, asparagus, and other controversial issues.” - Andrew

                  last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                  • deadendproD
                    deadendpro
                    啓蒙家
                    Joined:

                    Hey IHF, I didn't know where else to go with this, so here is where it will live.

                    When I was first getting really into all of the awesomeness that we know and love here, my default destination for all things awesome was (and continues to be) Self Edge. At the time, there were a couple of dudes that worked there whom I would interact with regularly: Ginno and Derek. Got to know them, befriended them, had lots of coffee and a healthy amount of beer/liquor with both before being able to legally drink. Good times.
                    These two dudes became two of my first adult friendships. I share all of that to say that I just learned my homie, Derek, passed away in 2022. The last time I saw him was the day after the Mega SESF opening party; drinking too much too quickly at Benders. I hoped I would see him next month at the 20yr anni, but this just means we'll pour one out for Darby's dad. Loved that guy. Love Ginno. Love K + D and the whole SE ecosystem of amazing people that are so easy to support and believe in (just like how I feel when I'm meandering around this beautiful community).
                    Walk with love today, y'all.

                    Currently Wearing:
                    SExSx3s 27-01
                    Ues 400DK
                    15.4oz 3sixteen Type 3
                    25oz Samurai Type 1

                    last edited by AlexA 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 7
                    • AlexA
                      Alex
                      IHUK Crew
                      @deadendpro
                      Joined:

                      @deadendpro sorry to read this mate. Not sure I ever met Derek. Look forward to seeing you in SF and hearing about him

                      last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                      • GilesG
                        Giles
                        IHUK Crew
                        Joined:

                        @deadendpro😢

                        "OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

                        last edited by Giles 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                        • GilesG
                          Giles
                          IHUK Crew
                          Joined:

                          On a lighter note. The homemade Sambal at the dive resort is amazing.......🤯 🤯

                          Pics soon.....

                          "OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

                          last edited by Giles 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                          • deadendproD
                            deadendpro
                            啓蒙家
                            Joined:

                            Looking forward to seeing y'all in SF soon @Alex @Giles

                            I'm quite excited for the festivities and another chance to gather and celebrate with the collection of incredible people that are all connected to that beloved store and people. 🙂

                            Currently Wearing:
                            SExSx3s 27-01
                            Ues 400DK
                            15.4oz 3sixteen Type 3
                            25oz Samurai Type 1

                            last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                            • First post
                              Last post
                            Copyright Iron Heart 2025.