• Home
    • Recent
    • Calendar
    • Register
    • Login
    Iron Heart Forum
    Iron Heart Forum

    Iron Heart - Coveted - The Wall Street Journal

    Watches - another OCD problem

    Accessories
    368
    8.3k
    3.8m
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • Johnnyutah247J
      Johnnyutah247
      Haraki san Student
      @Cole
      Joined:

      @Cole agree so much. I'm not a chronograph guy at all. I'd take a diver anyday. I picked up a used smp 300 few years ago and been wearing it daily ever since. It gains around a second a day. Thing is a tank. I also rotate in a Tudor black bay.

      last edited by ColeC 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
      • RobeOfTheMagiR
        RobeOfTheMagi
        Iron Heart Deity
        @Smiladon
        Joined:

        @Smiladon love the golden Pogue!

        "Every day, once a day, give yourself a little present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen."
        FBI Special Agent Dale Cooper

        last edited by SmiladonS 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
        • Neru-6N
          Neru-6
          Haraki san Prodigy
          @Smiladon
          Joined:

          @Smiladon very nice adding

          last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
          • SmiladonS
            Smiladon
            Raw and Unwashed
            @RobeOfTheMagi
            Joined:

            @RobeOfTheMagi

            Thanks! That was my first “nice” watch. Seems to be an original besides the bracelet. And it runs pretty well for a 49 year-old watch.
            I really like it on this green NATO too.

            “Life is too short to be taken seriously.”
            -me
            IG = 6foot7ifitmatters

            last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • ColeC
              Cole
              啓蒙家
              @Johnnyutah247
              Joined:

              @Johnnyutah247 said in Watches - another OCD problem:

              @Cole agree so much. I'm not a chronograph guy at all. I'd take a diver anyday. I picked up a used smp 300 few years ago and been wearing it daily ever since. It gains around a second a day. Thing is a tank. I also rotate in a Tudor black bay.

              Same for me, all my watches, except two, are typical dive watches and the SMP 300 is the perfect all around watch. Works as a dressy watch as well as a tool- or sportswatch.

              I'm eying a Tudor Pelagos FXD next, once everything here cooled down and the budged has recovered. 🙂

              WTB:
              IHJ-96-OLV Size L
              IHE-13

              last edited by Johnnyutah247J SmiladonS 2 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 1
              • Johnnyutah247J
                Johnnyutah247
                Haraki san Student
                @Cole
                Joined:

                @Cole I've seen a few FXD in person and they're sweet. I'm partial to the GMT version. IMG_2145.jpeg

                last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 10
                • AnesthetistA
                  Anesthetist
                  見習いボス
                  Joined:

                  I have the OG and love it. Super light, accurate, and has a great reserve

                  IG: bluehandsslim

                  last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                  • SmiladonS
                    Smiladon
                    Raw and Unwashed
                    @Cole
                    Joined:

                    That’s crazy, cuz I too am interested in a Pelagos FXD. Seems like an incredibly indestructible watch. And I love nato straps, so… but like you @Cole need to let my budget recover after my last purchase😎

                    I have been considering a vintage Tudor sub, but I already have a couple vintage watches, that I just end up babying. And I “need” a good snorkeling watch😅

                    “Life is too short to be taken seriously.”
                    -me
                    IG = 6foot7ifitmatters

                    last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                    • ColeC
                      Cole
                      啓蒙家
                      Joined:

                      Don't get me started with (neo)vintage watches. 😂 Somewhere out there is an Omega Seamaster Peter Blake 2254.50 calling my name. 😁

                      And the vintage Tudor Sub with snowflake hands is a thing of pure beauty.

                      WTB:
                      IHJ-96-OLV Size L
                      IHE-13

                      last edited by Cole 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3
                      • northsouthdenimguyN
                        northsouthdenimguy
                        啓蒙家
                        Joined:

                        Swapped out the black alligator OEM strap on my wife’s 11639 WG for this aftermarket strap from Epoch. Seems like pretty good quality. It’s a really dark navy blue, almost black, which looks great on the white gold.

                        It has quick-release spring bars, which is kind of nice and definitely saves a little time. Somehow, even with that, I managed to install both sides of the strap upside down the first time. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Kind of weird because the last time I changed it, I got it right.

                        Unfortunately, the first straps they sent were too short. This one just barely fits on the largest adjustment. I think there’s been a little bit of a language barrier or misunderstanding when it comes to the sizing, but at least this one works.

                        IMG_6537.jpeg
                        IMG_6538.jpeg
                        IMG_6539.jpeg
                        IMG_6540.jpeg

                        @selveldgesteps

                        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 5
                        • First post
                          Last post
                        Copyright Iron Heart 2025.