• Home
    • Recent
    • Calendar
    • Register
    • Login
    Iron Heart Forum
    Iron Heart Forum

    Iron Heart - Coveted - The Wall Street Journal

    Red Wing Shoes

    Footwear
    354
    2.2k
    1.3m
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • SunnergrenS
      Sunnergren
      Raw and Unwashed
      @matt_rost
      Joined:

      @matt_rost holy smokes. Thanks for sharing. That slightly change my expectations.

      Same reason for choosing to go with 1907, plus the look. I really dig the look of the rough and tuff leather.

      Out of curiosity, approximately how much movement do you have per day in them? And have you resoled?

      I know that I shall meet my fate, somewhere among the clouds above; Those that I fight I do not hate, those that I guard I do not love.

      last edited by matt_rostM 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
      • matt_rostM
        matt_rost
        Haraki san Expert
        @Sunnergren
        Joined:

        @Sunnergren
        I wear my 1907s for about six months of the year, and during that time, I wear them every second or third day. From the very beginning, I’ve walked between 5 and 15 km a wearday in them. It was really tough at the start, and I struggled a lot with blisters on my heels, among other things. It wasn't until after six months of regular wear that I stopped dreading putting them on. Things have been getting better ever since, though I’d ​​say they are still a long way off from being fully broken in.
        No resoling so far.

        insta: matt_rost
        I am into heritage culture and make high quality leather products

        IHSH-266-IND / IHSH-327-IND / IHSH-295-IB / IHSH-33-T
        IHSB-PR-NAT
        IH-666S-UHR / IH-666S-WH / IH-777S-21ib

        last edited by SunnergrenS 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
        • SunnergrenS
          Sunnergren
          Raw and Unwashed
          @matt_rost
          Joined:

          @matt_rost Thank you, very helpful! I’ve had three rounds of ”blisters-healing-wear again”. No blisters from yeasterdays all day wear with approx 10km. So things are heading the right direction I think.
          Again, thanks for the insight.

          I know that I shall meet my fate, somewhere among the clouds above; Those that I fight I do not hate, those that I guard I do not love.

          last edited by matt_rostM 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
          • matt_rostM
            matt_rost
            Haraki san Expert
            @Sunnergren
            Joined:

            @Sunnergren
            Sounds good! 👍 I think the right mix of patience and resilience will ultimately pay off with the 1907. At the same time, my understanding of the concept of resilience was redefined. 😅 I take good care of them so that they outlive me and I don't ever have to break in a new pair again.
            Enjoy wearing them!

            insta: matt_rost
            I am into heritage culture and make high quality leather products

            IHSH-266-IND / IHSH-327-IND / IHSH-295-IB / IHSH-33-T
            IHSB-PR-NAT
            IH-666S-UHR / IH-666S-WH / IH-777S-21ib

            last edited by matt_rost 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
            • SKTS
              SKT
              見習いボス
              Joined:

              Kind of made me think of you @Oaktavia

              IMG_6002.jpeg

              Rampant Hemmer
              WTB: IHSH-308-IND large

              last edited by OaktaviaO Heritage_GuyH 2 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 2
              • OaktaviaO
                Oaktavia
                見習いボス
                @SKT
                Joined:

                @SKT Yeah those are rad, saw those on Instagram. I just bought two pairs of boots this summer so I'm out.

                IG: theindigowizard

                "Possibly splitting hairs, but I consider @Oaktavia to be the beardy, dank High Magus of this denim game…" @neph93

                ISO: IHJ-32 - XL/XXL

                last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                • Heritage_GuyH
                  Heritage_Guy
                  Haraki san Prodigy
                  @SKT
                  Joined:

                  @SKT
                  I have these in the green and I love the black wedge sole. Ended up with Freenotes last size 10. This forum is such a bad influence.

                  Settle down easy......

                  last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                  • newtoironN
                    newtoiron
                    Raw and Unwashed
                    Joined:

                    I just bought some sight unseen. I'm a 12 in sneaker size so I got an 11. Hope they fit.

                    last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • weftyarnW
                      weftyarn
                      啓蒙家
                      Joined:

                      8078 Iron Ranger
                      The Alpine Portage is aging beautifully

                      IMG_9389.jpeg

                      Use it or lose it.

                      last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 6
                      • C
                        Cskarev
                        Haraki san Prodigy
                        Joined:

                        My well beaten Moc Toes

                        J50A1880.jpeg

                        J50A1802.jpeg

                        J50A1857.jpeg

                        Insta: cskarev

                        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3
                        • First post
                          Last post
                        Copyright Iron Heart 2025.