• Home
    • Recent
    • Calendar
    • Register
    • Login
    Iron Heart Forum
    Iron Heart Forum

    Iron Heart - Coveted - The Wall Street Journal

    Black bear brand

    Other Brands and Shops
    11
    27
    486
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • corralitosC
      corralitos
      Haraki san Prodigy
      @northsouthdenimguy
      Joined:

      @northsouthdenimguy 100%

      last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
      • steelworkerS
        steelworker
        見習いボス
        @Conan
        Joined:

        @Conan so that is it? Blame the worker and tough shit for you?

        Those are my principles, and if you don't like them…
        Well, I have others.

        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • A
          ant1121
          Raw and Unwashed
          @corralitos
          Joined:

          @corralitos I for sure will let you all know.

          last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
          • A
            ant1121
            Raw and Unwashed
            @northsouthdenimguy
            Joined:

            @northsouthdenimguy I seen that the jacket is 480-500 gsm i think that’s around 15 oz Harris tweed. Should be thicker than a filson mackinaw

            last edited by northsouthdenimguyN MrJayM 2 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 1
            • northsouthdenimguyN
              northsouthdenimguy
              啓蒙家
              @ant1121
              Joined:

              @ant1121

              If this is in reference to me saying some of the stuff feels lightweight, I wasn’t talking about any of the jackets or boots. All of his collaboration pieces are legit.

              I was talking more about the in house or outsourced clothing. It’s just not what I would consider to be in the same realm as a lot of the stuff most of us are on this forum for, particularly Iron Heart.

              Even IH’s lightweight stuff is pretty bulletproof. I’ve been wearing the 10oz Bakers all summer and I honestly don’t know if I could wear those things out unless I wore them literally every day for a year. Same goes for some of their lighter shirts.

              BBB just doesn’t use the same quality or substantial fabrics, nor are the fabrics woven to the same standard. You can feel the difference as soon as you handle it. It’s just a different animal with a different focus.

              @selveldgesteps

              last edited by A 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • MrJayM
                MrJay
                Haraki san Student
                @ant1121
                Joined:

                @ant1121 Filson mackinaw wool is 24oz per linear yard (their plaids used to be 26oz per linear yard, but they recently changed their wool)

                last edited by A 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • A
                  ant1121
                  Raw and Unwashed
                  @MrJay
                  Joined:

                  @MrJay filson uses per linear yard but I think the bbb jacket is per running meter. I think filson 24 oz is 500 gsm plus it’s unlined.

                  last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                  • A
                    ant1121
                    Raw and Unwashed
                    @northsouthdenimguy
                    Joined:

                    @northsouthdenimguy oh that’s a bummer lol. I have so much Ironheart samurai sda and ship John stuff I hope this doesn’t feel out of place in material .

                    I really want to try the New new kersey 453 coming out this winter. I don’t have anything under 15 oz right now. Does the lightweight stuff feel close to how stiff the heavyweight feels when you first get it? Idk why but I like that feeling lol

                    last edited by ant1121 northsouthdenimguyN 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                    • northsouthdenimguyN
                      northsouthdenimguy
                      啓蒙家
                      @ant1121
                      Joined:

                      @ant1121

                      I don’t know about that particular piece you’re talking about. I was just saying that, in general, their clothing, shirts, pants, etc., feels more in line with something like Double RL.

                      And I’m really not trying to be down on it. I have a bunch of Black Bear, and I used to have an insane amount of Double RL that I’ve slowly whittled down by selling over the last three or four years.

                      At the end of the day, it really comes down to the aesthetic you’re looking for and the value you personally place on something. If you really like it and you’re willing to pay for it, that matters a lot more than what some random person on a forum, like me, has to say about it.

                      That crispness is one of the things I love most about Iron Heart. Sometimes I’m even a little bummed when it starts to go away.

                      I’ve noticed it in just about every piece I’ve owned other than flannels and kerseys. (although the kerseys have their own heavy unique feel)regardless of the weight of the fabric.

                      @selveldgesteps

                      last edited by northsouthdenimguy A 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                      • A
                        ant1121
                        Raw and Unwashed
                        @northsouthdenimguy
                        Joined:

                        @northsouthdenimguy yeah im definitely drawn to this pattern like a moth to a flame lol I didn’t like western cuts until I purchased iron heart and now I don’t think I’d take anything less 😂 honestly though I think I have most of the heavyweight CPO’s and the left hand twill type 3 but none of them seem to be as thick as my samurai elemental work shirt. I think that’s one of my favs.

                        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                        • First post
                          Last post
                        Copyright Iron Heart 2025.