Black bear brand
-
You just need to live that “full throttle” lifestyle

-
@northsouthdenimguy haha totally.
I know motorcycle riding plays a big role in IH clothing but at least they don’t make @SamD ride one around for every new drops and restocks vid

-
-
@northsouthdenimguy You're likely right.
It's easy to poke fun but it can't be easy to run a small business. No doubt impressed by his work and have big respect for anyone running their own line.
Edit: but his drone shots can't be cheap right??

-
Not gonna lie, he seems like he has a pretty fun life just cruising around and making stuff. It’s just a little much for me at times and can sometimes come across as a bit self-focused.
I think that’s the trick with a lot of this stuff. You want to show the process and the lifestyle around it, but there’s a line where it can start feeling more like showing off yourself than actually showcasing the product or the work.
-
@northsouthdenimguy 100%
-
@Conan so that is it? Blame the worker and tough shit for you?
-
@corralitos I for sure will let you all know.
-
@northsouthdenimguy I seen that the jacket is 480-500 gsm i think that’s around 15 oz Harris tweed. Should be thicker than a filson mackinaw
-
If this is in reference to me saying some of the stuff feels lightweight, I wasn’t talking about any of the jackets or boots. All of his collaboration pieces are legit.
I was talking more about the in house or outsourced clothing. It’s just not what I would consider to be in the same realm as a lot of the stuff most of us are on this forum for, particularly Iron Heart.
Even IH’s lightweight stuff is pretty bulletproof. I’ve been wearing the 10oz Bakers all summer and I honestly don’t know if I could wear those things out unless I wore them literally every day for a year. Same goes for some of their lighter shirts.
BBB just doesn’t use the same quality or substantial fabrics, nor are the fabrics woven to the same standard. You can feel the difference as soon as you handle it. It’s just a different animal with a different focus.
-
@ant1121 Filson mackinaw wool is 24oz per linear yard (their plaids used to be 26oz per linear yard, but they recently changed their wool)
-
@MrJay filson uses per linear yard but I think the bbb jacket is per running meter. I think filson 24 oz is 500 gsm plus it’s unlined.
-
@northsouthdenimguy oh that’s a bummer lol. I have so much Ironheart samurai sda and ship John stuff I hope this doesn’t feel out of place in material .
I really want to try the New new kersey 453 coming out this winter. I don’t have anything under 15 oz right now. Does the lightweight stuff feel close to how stiff the heavyweight feels when you first get it? Idk why but I like that feeling lol
-
I don’t know about that particular piece you’re talking about. I was just saying that, in general, their clothing, shirts, pants, etc., feels more in line with something like Double RL.
And I’m really not trying to be down on it. I have a bunch of Black Bear, and I used to have an insane amount of Double RL that I’ve slowly whittled down by selling over the last three or four years.
At the end of the day, it really comes down to the aesthetic you’re looking for and the value you personally place on something. If you really like it and you’re willing to pay for it, that matters a lot more than what some random person on a forum, like me, has to say about it.
That crispness is one of the things I love most about Iron Heart. Sometimes I’m even a little bummed when it starts to go away.
I’ve noticed it in just about every piece I’ve owned other than flannels and kerseys. (although the kerseys have their own heavy unique feel)regardless of the weight of the fabric.
