• Home
    • Recent
    • Calendar
    • Register
    • Login
    Iron Heart Forum
    Iron Heart Forum

    Iron Heart - Coveted - The Wall Street Journal

    Black bear brand

    Other Brands and Shops
    11
    25
    414
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • corralitosC
      corralitos
      Haraki san Prodigy
      @ant1121
      Joined:

      @ant1121 Let us know how it is when it comes in.

      I've tried a couple of his shirts and the sizing had been off for me so I never dove into a larger purchase. Also... I find their marketing annoying so I stopped following them across all platforms and forgot about them until this post - seemed much more lifestyle focused and less about the fabric/clothing.

      last edited by northsouthdenimguyN A 2 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 3
      • northsouthdenimguyN
        northsouthdenimguy
        啓蒙家
        Joined:

        All their collab stuff, like the jackets and boots, is really good and the quality is excellent. I’d put their clothing more on the level of RRL.

        I have quite a few of their shirts, a couple pairs of boots, and some of the corduroys. Weight-wise, material-wise, and construction-wise, they’re all perfectly fine, but everything has that somewhat lighter-weight feel to it.

        If that’s your style, like RRL mentioned above, then it’s a great option. Albeit, probably a little overpriced for what it is, but I’d say the same thing about RRL.

        @selveldgesteps

        last edited by A 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
        • northsouthdenimguyN
          northsouthdenimguy
          啓蒙家
          @corralitos
          Joined:

          @corralitos

          You just need to live that “full throttle” lifestyle 🤣

          @selveldgesteps

          last edited by corralitosC 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
          • corralitosC
            corralitos
            Haraki san Prodigy
            @northsouthdenimguy
            Joined:

            @northsouthdenimguy haha totally.

            I know motorcycle riding plays a big role in IH clothing but at least they don’t make @SamD ride one around for every new drops and restocks vid 😂

            last edited by corralitos northsouthdenimguyN 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3
            • northsouthdenimguyN
              northsouthdenimguy
              啓蒙家
              @corralitos
              Joined:

              @corralitos

              I’m sure he just does his own marketing and product pics to save money…

              Edit: 🤣.

              @selveldgesteps

              last edited by northsouthdenimguy corralitosC 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
              • corralitosC
                corralitos
                Haraki san Prodigy
                @northsouthdenimguy
                Joined:

                @northsouthdenimguy You're likely right.

                It's easy to poke fun but it can't be easy to run a small business. No doubt impressed by his work and have big respect for anyone running their own line.

                Edit: but his drone shots can't be cheap right?? 😂

                last edited by corralitos northsouthdenimguyN 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                • northsouthdenimguyN
                  northsouthdenimguy
                  啓蒙家
                  @corralitos
                  Joined:

                  @corralitos

                  Not gonna lie, he seems like he has a pretty fun life just cruising around and making stuff. It’s just a little much for me at times and can sometimes come across as a bit self-focused.

                  I think that’s the trick with a lot of this stuff. You want to show the process and the lifestyle around it, but there’s a line where it can start feeling more like showing off yourself than actually showcasing the product or the work.

                  @selveldgesteps

                  last edited by corralitosC 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 4
                  • corralitosC
                    corralitos
                    Haraki san Prodigy
                    @northsouthdenimguy
                    Joined:

                    @northsouthdenimguy 100%

                    last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                    • steelworkerS
                      steelworker
                      見習いボス
                      @Conan
                      Joined:

                      @Conan so that is it? Blame the worker and tough shit for you?

                      Those are my principles, and if you don't like them…
                      Well, I have others.

                      last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • A
                        ant1121
                        Raw and Unwashed
                        @corralitos
                        Joined:

                        @corralitos I for sure will let you all know.

                        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                        • A
                          ant1121
                          Raw and Unwashed
                          @northsouthdenimguy
                          Joined:

                          @northsouthdenimguy I seen that the jacket is 480-500 gsm i think that’s around 15 oz Harris tweed. Should be thicker than a filson mackinaw

                          last edited by northsouthdenimguyN MrJayM 2 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 1
                          • northsouthdenimguyN
                            northsouthdenimguy
                            啓蒙家
                            @ant1121
                            Joined:

                            @ant1121

                            If this is in reference to me saying some of the stuff feels lightweight, I wasn’t talking about any of the jackets or boots. All of his collaboration pieces are legit.

                            I was talking more about the in house or outsourced clothing. It’s just not what I would consider to be in the same realm as a lot of the stuff most of us are on this forum for, particularly Iron Heart.

                            Even IH’s lightweight stuff is pretty bulletproof. I’ve been wearing the 10oz Bakers all summer and I honestly don’t know if I could wear those things out unless I wore them literally every day for a year. Same goes for some of their lighter shirts.

                            BBB just doesn’t use the same quality or substantial fabrics, nor are the fabrics woven to the same standard. You can feel the difference as soon as you handle it. It’s just a different animal with a different focus.

                            @selveldgesteps

                            last edited by A 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                            • MrJayM
                              MrJay
                              Haraki san Student
                              @ant1121
                              Joined:

                              @ant1121 Filson mackinaw wool is 24oz per linear yard (their plaids used to be 26oz per linear yard, but they recently changed their wool)

                              last edited by A 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                              • A
                                ant1121
                                Raw and Unwashed
                                @MrJay
                                Joined:

                                @MrJay filson uses per linear yard but I think the bbb jacket is per running meter. I think filson 24 oz is 500 gsm plus it’s unlined.

                                last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                                • A
                                  ant1121
                                  Raw and Unwashed
                                  @northsouthdenimguy
                                  Joined:

                                  @northsouthdenimguy oh that’s a bummer lol. I have so much Ironheart samurai sda and ship John stuff I hope this doesn’t feel out of place in material .

                                  I really want to try the New new kersey 453 coming out this winter. I don’t have anything under 15 oz right now. Does the lightweight stuff feel close to how stiff the heavyweight feels when you first get it? Idk why but I like that feeling lol

                                  last edited by ant1121 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                                  • First post
                                    Last post
                                  Copyright Iron Heart 2025.