• Home
    • Recent
    • Calendar
    • Register
    • Login
    Iron Heart Forum
    Iron Heart Forum

    Iron Heart - Coveted - The Wall Street Journal

    Trips and Travel

    Iron Heart Meet Ups & Travel
    77
    423
    87.7k
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • Denman JohnD
      Denman John
      Haraki san Prodigy
      @Tago Mago
      Joined:

      @Tago-Mago I bet hiking that got your blood pumping. Was the top a good escape from the heat you’ve been dealing with?

      last edited by Tago MagoT 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • Tago MagoT
        Tago Mago
        Mod Squad
        @Denman John
        Joined:

        @Denman-John it was bliss. Maybe 20°C and blustery wind at roughly 2700m. We were lazy and took the cable car from 1900m to 2500m. The hiking is very different because you are walking on volcanic sand. Not what I normally see in the Alps or lower mountain ranges

        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
        • goosehdG
          goosehd
          Mod Squad
          @Tago Mago
          Joined:

          @Tago-Mago sacrifice to the volcano gods? If so, I hope they worked 🙂

          “our policy of no discussions regarding politics, religion, asparagus, and other controversial issues.” - Andrew

          last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
          • GilesG
            Giles
            IHUK Crew
            Joined:

            Tomorrow, Dennis and I go to Morocco, the actual border fence with Cueta goes through our village.... Could be interesting....

            "OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

            last edited by goosehdG 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 4
            • goosehdG
              goosehd
              Mod Squad
              @Giles
              Joined:

              @Giles correction…I’ve already started:

              IMG_0701.jpeg

              “our policy of no discussions regarding politics, religion, asparagus, and other controversial issues.” - Andrew

              last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3
              • endoE
                endo
                見習いボス
                Joined:

                I know you Brits want back into the EU, but is that really the best path for you, @Giles ?

                si tacuisses

                last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3
                • goosehdG
                  goosehd
                  Mod Squad
                  Joined:

                  I meet up with Giles in Madrid for the final leg…

                  So technically he’s correct and forget my last post 😂

                  “our policy of no discussions regarding politics, religion, asparagus, and other controversial issues.” - Andrew

                  last edited by goosehd 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                  • goosehdG
                    goosehd
                    Mod Squad
                    Joined:

                    IMG_0703.jpeg

                    “our policy of no discussions regarding politics, religion, asparagus, and other controversial issues.” - Andrew

                    last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                    • GilesG
                      Giles
                      IHUK Crew
                      Joined:

                      Layover in Denpasar, by choice I would avoid Bali like the plague, but it is the best routing to get where we are going, Komodo. I’m assuming these are water towers….

                      IMG_0510.jpeg

                      "OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

                      last edited by Giles 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 6
                      • GilesG
                        Giles
                        IHUK Crew
                        Joined:

                        Well, that is a relief. I can pop to the next town if I need an ATM......

                        IMG_0518.JPG

                        "OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

                        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3
                        • First post
                          Last post
                        Copyright Iron Heart 2025.