• Home
    • Recent
    • Calendar
    • Register
    • Login
    Iron Heart Forum
    Iron Heart Forum

    Iron Heart - Coveted - The Wall Street Journal

    IHJ-139-IND - 19oz Selvedge Denim Type II Jacket - Indigo/Beige

    Jackets
    33
    127
    18.2k
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • Axel HHA
      Axel HH
      IHG Crew
      @Daniel San
      Joined:

      @Daniel-San Just perfect 👌🏻

      last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
      • SamDS
        SamD
        IHUK Crew
        @tvaillant75
        Joined:

        @tvaillant75 If you’re looking for fade potential, the 19oz is probably the way to go. As @Daniel-San mentioned, it’s not as stiff as the 19oz lefty denim, so it’s easier to break in – comparable to 21oz imo.

        The cotton/linen, on the other hand, is a far less structured denim. Definitely looser, slouchier and more breathable, but I wouldn’t expect it to fade with as much contrast as the 19oz. Hope that helps.

        last edited by SamD 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
        • SamDS
          SamD
          IHUK Crew
          @Daniel San
          Joined:

          @Daniel-San looking good! 👊

          last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
          • B
            Biecher
            Raw and Unwashed
            Joined:

            I saw a faded IH type II jacket online and it looked amazing, but it appeared darker and very stiff. Was this jacket ever available in 19oz left hand twill? If so, what’s the #? Thank you!

            last edited by Tago MagoT 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • GilesG
              Giles
              IHUK Crew
              Joined:

              I suggest that you search for Type II in Jackets. That is probably what someone else will have to do to answer your question......

              "OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

              last edited by Giles 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
              • Tago MagoT
                Tago Mago
                Mod Squad
                @Biecher
                Joined:

                @Biecher Type II search

                last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                • B
                  Biecher
                  Raw and Unwashed
                  Joined:

                  Oh okay I’m surprised there have been so many variants. I will have a look, thank you!

                  last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • GilesG
                    Giles
                    IHUK Crew
                    Joined:

                    I made the first one in about 2008, there have been a few more made since then 🙂

                    "OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

                    last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                    • vic_1977V
                      vic_1977
                      Joined:

                      When I bought this jacket, I had mixed feelings. It looks great and the quality is awesome—as usual with IH items—but I wondered if I should have sized up (I bought a size L).

                      I'm 176 cm (~5'9") and 84 kg (~185 lbs), with a broad, stocky build (wide shoulders and a larger chest). Despite my doubts, I emailed the IH crew and Tyler was super helpful, assuring me that the fit looked spot on for what it is: a Type II jacket.

                      I've been wearing it a few days a week over the last couple of weeks for first time (thanks, climate change! 😕 ) and I'm loving it. I can already feel it breaking in slowly, and since it’s 19oz, it keeps me pretty warm.
                      Here are a few fit pics of this beauty.

                      Edit: in the pics attached you can see the 14oz Selvedge Denim Straight Cut Jeans - Indigo (IH-634S-142). I will write my comment about the jeans later on.

                      IMG_6122.jpeg
                      IMG_6123.jpg

                      To define it to limit but I'm 176 cm (~5'9") and 84 kg (~185 lbs).

                      last edited by vic_1977 OaktaviaO AdamJA 2 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 5
                      • OaktaviaO
                        Oaktavia
                        見習いボス
                        @vic_1977
                        Joined:

                        @vic_1977 how’s it feel buttoned up?

                        IG: theindigowizard

                        "Possibly splitting hairs, but I consider @Oaktavia to be the beardy, dank High Magus of this denim game…" @neph93

                        ISO: IHJ-32 - XL/XXL

                        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                        • AdamJA
                          AdamJ
                          IHUK Crew
                          @vic_1977
                          Joined:

                          @vic_1977 looks spot on to me

                          The devil is in the detail..

                          last edited by AdamJ 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                          • vic_1977V
                            vic_1977
                            Joined:

                            @Oaktavia It feels good. It’s a bit snug, but not too tight (bear in mind it’s 19 oz); however, every day I wear the jacket, I notice it’s becoming less snug.
                            @AdamJ Thanks! 🙂

                            To define it to limit but I'm 176 cm (~5'9") and 84 kg (~185 lbs).

                            last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                            • First post
                              Last post
                            Copyright Iron Heart 2025.