• Home
    • Recent
    • Calendar
    • Register
    • Login
    Iron Heart Forum
    Iron Heart Forum

    Iron Heart - Coveted - The Wall Street Journal

    IH-526J-SLBod - 16oz Slubby Selvedge Denim Type III Jacket - Overdyed

    Jackets
    69
    244
    53.3k
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • D
      ductrung3993
      Raw and Unwashed
      @jdwaid
      Joined:

      @jdwaid was deciding between this and the 19oz but your pic makes it easier!

      and to all, I have a size 40 type 2 in 16oz that I would like to swap for this type III OD Black if there're any taker 🙂

      last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
      • dirtyframerD
        dirtyframer
        Haraki san Expert
        Joined:

        Jacket just arrived, love this texture.

        20260814_103521.jpg

        IG: mgm.woodworks & denim_n_boots

        "Every day work harder on yourself than you do at work."

        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 4
        • caithangkhanhC
          caithangkhanh
          Raw and Unwashed
          Joined:

          The texture is amazing, and gets better with time.

          IMG_5815.jpeg

          IMG_5824.jpeg

          IMG_5816.jpeg

          IMG_5820.jpeg

          IMG_5822.jpeg

          IMG_5828.jpeg

          @ThatDudeVincent

          last edited by AdamJA 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 13
          • AdamJA
            AdamJ
            IHUK Crew
            @caithangkhanh
            Joined:

            @caithangkhanh nice work, best one I've seen yet. Overdyed jackets fade the best IMO!

            The devil is in the detail..

            last edited by caithangkhanhC 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
            • ChibsC
              Chibs
              The UnTucked
              Joined:

              Agreed!!! 🤤

              last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
              • caithangkhanhC
                caithangkhanh
                Raw and Unwashed
                @AdamJ
                Joined:

                @AdamJ thanks! I appreciate the kind words.

                OD certainly take a bit more effort and wear to fade, but it’s so rewarding once the fades start coming in. I really need to add some more OD pieces to my small collection. This is my only OD piece.

                @ThatDudeVincent

                last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                • E
                  El Fanatico
                  Raw and Unwashed
                  Joined:

                  Has anyone noted color transfer from this jacket to lighter colored shirts? Also, for folks that have owned the jacket for a bit, are you folks treating the leather patch with anything? Thanks in advance!

                  last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • GilesG
                    Giles
                    IHUK Crew
                    Joined:

                    Same answer for all the threads you asked this question in. There is a risk that you will get indigo/OD transfer to lighter coloured shirts, but how much is a function of how tight you wear them, how much you sweat and how active you are. But it will usually completely wash out.

                    I never bother treating a patch, but I never wash above 40C and usually at 30C.

                    "OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

                    last edited by Giles 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                    • chillmonroeC
                      chillmonroe
                      Haraki san Prodigy
                      Joined:

                      I’m a hair away from grabbing one of these but hesitating due to the twist risk. I’m wasn’t familiar with what that even was until reading about it just now. How much of a problem is it on this jacket?

                      “The root of all suffering is the giving of fucks”

                      • Siddhartha Gautama
                      last edited by goosehdG 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • goosehdG
                        goosehd
                        Mod Squad
                        @chillmonroe
                        Joined:

                        @chillmonroe I wear the regular type II slubby with zero issues.

                        “our policy of no discussions regarding politics, religion, asparagus, and other controversial issues.” - Andrew

                        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                        • First post
                          Last post
                        Copyright Iron Heart 2025.