• Home
    • Recent
    • Calendar
    • Register
    • Login
    Iron Heart Forum
    Iron Heart Forum

    Iron Heart - Coveted - The Wall Street Journal

    ADDICT BOOTS Japan

    Addict Boots Japan
    16
    43
    2.8k
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • JackJ
      Jack
      IHUK Crew
      Joined:

      I wanted to share my initial thoughts on wearing the side zip boots that I managed to snag ahead of our drops next year.

      To be honest, I wasn't sure about them at first because I am so used to wearing hiker and service boots, but they are really growing on me. For sizing reference, I wear a size 10 in Viberg and an 11E in Wesco. I opted for an 11.5 in these. There is a little bit of extra room in the toe box, which I like, but the fit feels a bit tight around my instep right now. Based on what I've read online, the leather should mold and soften there over time.

      I plan to wear these heavily over the next few months and will keep you updated on how they break in.

      IMG_5961.JPG
      IMG_5964.JPG

      last edited by northsouthdenimguyN 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 9
      • northsouthdenimguyN
        northsouthdenimguy
        啓蒙家
        @Jack
        Joined:

        @Jack

        Those look great! 🔥

        Although your post really highlights just how different people’s feet are and how differently they size footwear. Three examples of Addict boots, two side-zips and one engineer, and three completely different sizing experiences.

        I think this is where Iron Heart will really shine by having your staff try them on and share what sizes work for them, much like you do with your clothing. Although boots are a completely different animal when it comes to fit.

        And as everybody knows, I’m more than happy to give my opinion on sizing (or anything else, even unsolicited). Lol. I’ve always said, find your boot buddy! Someone with similar feet whose sizing experiences you can actually relate to.

        @selveldgesteps

        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 4
        • AskAxelA
          AskAxel
          Joined:

          @Jack I can't wait to see the progress on these, they look beautiful.

          I think with addict the shape of your foot and instep is going to play a bigger part than just a brannock measurement, this post with all our size disparity definitely shows that!
          @northsouthdenimguy is bang on the money, it will be great to have the IH crew try them on and be able to give feedback and help to people who come into the store.

          I'm in the process of breaking in the 10.5D Black engineers now, definitely some discomfort but overall it's going well. I would have though it crazy I would ever wear a 10.5D in a boot but here we are. Another month or so and I'll post some more comparison photos.

          Just Another Denim Fanatic

          last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • First post
            Last post
          Copyright Iron Heart 2025.