• Home
    • Recent
    • Calendar
    • Register
    • Login
    Iron Heart Forum
    Iron Heart Forum

    Iron Heart - Coveted - The Wall Street Journal

    IH-634S-B - 21oz Selvedge Denim Straight Cut Jeans - Overdyed Indigo

    Bottoms
    282
    1.8k
    877.6k
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • goosehdG
      goosehd
      Mod Squad
      Joined:

      As @yannis pointed out, please go by the measurements of each individual release and do not go off of tag size alone. I have tag sizes in 33 through 36 and they all fit just about the same as I went with the measurements.

      “our policy of no discussions regarding politics, religion, asparagus, and other controversial issues.” - Andrew

      last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • GilesG
        Giles
        IHUK Crew
        @ozai
        Joined:

        @ozai said in IH-634S-B - 21oz Selvedge Denim Straight Cut Jeans - Overdyed Indigo:

        @Giles said in IH-634S-B - 21oz Selvedge Denim Straight Cut Jeans - Overdyed Indigo:

        When we did the IH-634S-B, we completely redid the pattern to try and get the OD version and the indigo version as close as possible. We did that with all very early iterations of indigo and the OD equivalent. But a series of bad repatterning led us to keep the same pattern for both variants and live with the size variance.

        EDIT. But we never bothered reverting to a single patten for the 634S variants as we had nailed the pattern for the OD version

        Here

        Great find

        "OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
        • AdamJA
          AdamJ
          IHUK Crew
          Joined:

          A pair of old 555-01od that are in for repair - showing off how well OD fades!

          IMG_0074.JPG

          The devil is in the detail..

          last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 7
          • KasiK
            Kasi
            見習いボス
            Joined:

            It’s time you jump into a pair of 634

            @AdamJ

            Some dream of being cool, I make it look dangerous.🖕

            last edited by AdamJA 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
            • AdamJA
              AdamJ
              IHUK Crew
              @Kasi
              Joined:

              @Kasi I am converting to the 633 gang lately!

              The devil is in the detail..

              last edited by V 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • V
                V-P
                Raw and Unwashed
                @AdamJ
                Joined:

                @AdamJ I've been eyeing the 633 cut lately, really wish it was available in Europe...

                last edited by AdamJA 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • AdamJA
                  AdamJ
                  IHUK Crew
                  @V-P
                  Joined:

                  @V-P I managed to snag a pair that came through our Project RE:LOVE section, keep an eye out!

                  The devil is in the detail..

                  last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                  • G
                    Goz
                    Raw and Unwashed
                    Joined:

                    Question has anyone sent your jeans to Railcar to have them hemmed and they didn't have the matching thread? If so what color thread did you use to have them hemmed??

                    last edited by AdamJA 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • AdamJA
                      AdamJ
                      IHUK Crew
                      @Goz
                      Joined:

                      @Goz I would reach out to them, but suspect they have a similar shade of gold/yellow thread that we use, judging from their products!

                      The devil is in the detail..

                      last edited by G 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • G
                        Goz
                        Raw and Unwashed
                        @AdamJ
                        Joined:

                        @AdamJ Thanks I sent them a email hopefully they have something close to that color if not I'll probably have to go with black fingers crossed.

                        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                        • BrandreaB
                          Brandrea
                          Raw and Unwashed
                          Joined:

                          I just set notifications. Unfortunately the 35’s and 36’s didn’t fit quite right.

                          Hoping for a pair of 35’s that measure closer to a 36” waist might miraculously appear😂

                          last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                          • KasiK
                            Kasi
                            見習いボス
                            Joined:

                            Snag another pair yesterday.

                            Some dream of being cool, I make it look dangerous.🖕

                            last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                            • harleylawhornH
                              harleylawhorn
                              Haraki san Student
                              @Cymro
                              Joined:

                              @Cymro hey, I just bought some 1955 od’s. In this fit did you get them hemmed? I’m kinda liking the bright stitching opposed to the stained hem it comes with

                              The sun shines not on us but in us.
                              J. Muir

                              last edited by C 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                              • C
                                Cymro
                                Raw and Unwashed
                                @harleylawhorn
                                Joined:

                                @harleylawhorn yes, had mine hemmed, it does give a little ‘pop’ of colour to them, you’re right

                                last edited by harleylawhornH 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                                • harleylawhornH
                                  harleylawhorn
                                  Haraki san Student
                                  @Cymro
                                  Joined:

                                  @Cymro thanks!

                                  The sun shines not on us but in us.
                                  J. Muir

                                  last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                  • H
                                    halfapossum
                                    Raw and Unwashed
                                    Joined:

                                    Hi, fairly new to the Selvedge/IH scene. I saw this pair for sale and decided to buy it. The seller said it was an older batch of IH. Do any of you have more information on it?

                                    Year that it was made, is this overdyed before over dyed was a thing?

                                    Thanks!IMG_8928.jpeg

                                    last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                                    • todyT
                                      tody
                                      啓蒙家
                                      Joined:

                                      that is a pre-levi's lawsuit model. you can read about what had to be changed from the design here:
                                      https://forum.ironheart.co.uk/topic/92/random-questions-to-which-you-seek-an-answer/17632
                                      no more red tabs, different patch design and different arcuates.

                                      last edited by goosehd 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                                      • goosehdG
                                        goosehd
                                        Mod Squad
                                        Joined:

                                        @halfapossum moved here. @tody thank you

                                        “our policy of no discussions regarding politics, religion, asparagus, and other controversial issues.” - Andrew

                                        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                                        • MattM
                                          Matt
                                          見習いボス
                                          Joined:

                                          That doesn’t look overdyed to me. The weft would be black as well.

                                          last edited by O 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                          • O
                                            ozai
                                            Haraki san Student
                                            @Matt
                                            Joined:

                                            @Matt I think it is black if I'm not mistaken, looks like it's sitting next to a different pair of jeans to me

                                            last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Copyright Iron Heart 2025.