@Giles I had a funny experience at Zurich Airport. I was leaving for Moscow with my wife. She handed our international passports to the border officer; she was waved through, but the officer started saying something to me in German. The only German phrase I know is "hands up," so I couldn't figure out what he wanted from me. Passport, visa, departure—everything was in order. Eventually, I was taken to an interrogation room. There, the officer opened my passport and showed it to me: it was my domestic Russian passport, the one in Cyrillic. My wife hurriedly fished out my international passport, and we all breathed a sigh of relief and laughed.
Posts made by Walery Smirnoff
-
RE: Random Rantsposted in General Chat
-
RE: Random Rantsposted in General Chat
Hi there, my friend! Here’s a bit of history about Smirnoff vodka. The original version existed before 1917; what’s available now isn't quite the same thing. There are so many different vodkas in Russia these days—some bad, some good. Personally, if I had to choose between whiskey and vodka, I’d pick vodka. For me, the perfect flavor combination is black rye bread and salted salmon or trout—all enjoyed with vodka out in the cold. As for my surname, it’s one of the most common in Russia, and its origins are linked to the Orthodox faith.
-
RE: Random Rantsposted in General Chat
This forum is exactly the kind of place where I don't get labeled just for being Russian.
-
RE: IH-888-XHS - 25oz Selvedge Denim Medium/High Rise Tapered Cut Jeans - Indigoposted in Bottoms
Great fade and interesting philosophy of the American flag.)
-
RE: Random Rantsposted in General Chat
I'll say something about the car separately. Our fucking Russian cars are complete crap! The government, in collusion with the only three Russian manufacturers, inflated the prices of their crap. Foreign brands left Russia because of the war. The Chinese came with their cardboard cars. And now they cost as much as the Mercedes that left before the war. I'm an honest man. I don't know how to steal and rob. I can't buy a car like a European or an American. Fuck. It's a disgrace! Life in Russia is a beast.
-
RE: Random Rantsposted in General Chat
Guys, can I whine a little? All prices should be based on the minimum wage. Gas is supposedly cheaper in Russia, and services are cheaper. But!!! Our shitty government manages to tax us twice and even three times. As a result, I can't replace my old car, I can't fill up my tank, I can't go on vacation like a normal person. And when I buy groceries, I always leave alcohol in the basket. So I can get drunk and forget. My life now resembles that of a modern-day Boer from South Africa.
-
RE: Random Rantsposted in General Chat
@don_pipone At least you have good buses. You can tolerate being with that ugly woman for a while.)))))
-
RE: Random Rantsposted in General Chat
@don_pipone Dude, it would be worse if the person sitting next to you was a man or an old woman. But what if it was a young and beautiful girl?
-
RE: Golden Oldies - Pics from your pastposted in General Chat
The boxer's balls completed the composition)))
-
RE: Red Wing Shoesposted in Footwear
@goosehd said in Red Wing Shoes:
@Walery-Smirnoff are they everything you hoped for? How did the sizing work for you?
Hi friend! The 875 in size 11.5 was a little loose for me. My foot is exactly 29 cm long. The 8111 in size 11.5, on the other hand, had no extra room inside. The 875 shrank a bit when wet and became very comfortable. I still have to break in the 8111. They are more rigid. But both are very comfortable to wear. The leather is thick and high-quality.
-
Last Heroposted in Other Brands and Shops
A micro-brand run by a talented tailor. He makes jeans, denim jackets, bags, and hats. He draws on the expertise of Japanese craftsmen and uses Japanese savage cotton. I bought a tote from him and plan to order a pair of 21-ounce jeans.
-
RE: Red Wing Shoesposted in Footwear
Today I wore my new Iron Rangers 8111 boots for the first time. For a person in Russia right now, this is a great joy!

-
RE: Where does everyone live?posted in Some Really Boring (but useful) and Some Really Interesting Stuff!
@TheDukeOfDenim When I put on the new 25 oz from the package, I stood there like a fireman in a tarp. Soak them in cold water. Let them float.
-
RE: The Flat Headposted in Other Brands and Shops
@twin Hey, buddy! Wear it either way. It depends on the situation. It's beautiful either way.



